About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 AM

Thrive Audio @ 2009 AES NYC

I am proud to announce that some of the Thrive Audio products will be on display this year @ the 2009 AES show.

Thrive Audio will be in the same booth as Summit Audio along with some other amazing products Summit distributes as well at the Legendary Jacob Javits Center.

I will be on hand in the Booth answering questions about the Thrive product line, so if your at this years show come on by and say hello.

I have to say, its amazing to imagine a vision you have in your mind of what is needed for a high quality product line to be used in many applications comes to life. Exactly how you vision it to be, with such amazing people and brilliant engineers that share the same vision as you do. Then use it in many applications where people really enjoy it & then to have it displayed to thousands of people in such a legendary building with such a high quality product line, Summit Audio at AES.

Just to think that, a product line that was a great conversation between myself and Eric on what should be designed for the High End market, turns into a reality and then comes to life with what we offer now & what we will come out with and make available in the future. We have so many great concepts we want to introduce that we feel is much needed in the field.

I never thought a product line that was at 1st only a high quality Isolator grew into such a wide range of products for a HIFI pro audio market, that will now be displayed in a prestigious booth with a legendary company such as Summit Audio. I am very happy about this, its a amazing achievement.

I will announce what products we will have at AES this year in a few days. Hope to see and meet people from wave @ AES this year.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 AM

pretty cool....

congrats.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 AM

Thats awesome man. Congrats

Watch me spin live Saturdays 3-5PM PST here
http://www.stickam.com/faderwaveradio

Baba Booey!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to dino59
congrats and send some comp tickets and ill be there
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Glowbana!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM

One constructive suggestion for you Shorty:

Generate a single web page that has all the Thrive Products on it with detailed specifications, quality photos, manual downloads, and price.

Thanks
rs
Old 09-24-2009, 03:06 PM

I was wondering if glossy spec fliers would be available at the show also...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Congrats what are the dates?

scrap that.. October 9th to 12th Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
Old 10-05-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0322
Congrats what are the dates?

scrap that.. October 9th to 12th Jacob K. Javits Convention Center

AES Audio Show... wow, this weekend. Anybody going? Take a camera!

Would like to hear about some Thrive gear, specifically the Cutter. I'm interested in the unit but haven't read any reviews. Anybody see one in the wild?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Here is a post i replied to

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepending
AES Audio Show... wow, this weekend. Anybody going? Take a camera!

Would like to hear about some Thrive gear, specifically the Cutter. I'm interested in the unit but haven't read any reviews. Anybody see one in the wild?

On the Cutter

The cutter is not designed with any set frequencies like other units, it has user selectable plug in xover freq cards, the cards plug in to the board so you set your iso up the way you see fit, so its flexible for the end user and gives you options to have it how you like it on your system.

It is the same solid state circuit as our Isolator, but without the features so its basicly the same unit with minor changes & less the features as the isolator For 950.00 USD, and a 3 yr Parts and Labor warrenty

Factory avail freq choices/cards the Cutter our 2nd Isolator offers is

120hz, 300, 350 & 400hz low

2.4, 4.7,6.3, 9K High choices

Custom plug in freq cards will be avail by client request, so you have your desired turn over freq choice, if these choices are not what you desire and suit your application.

The additional custom cards for Cutter are for a small fee, less than 20.00 USD & are extreamily simple to install, simply plug the freq card in, and there you go

http://www.facebook.com/people/Sbs-Shorty/1851472355

www.myspace.com/soundmanshorty

www.systemsbyshorty.com

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 10-05-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM

Here is what we

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
I am proud to announce that some of the Thrive Audio products will be on display this year @ the 2009 AES show.

Thrive Audio will be in the same booth as Summit Audio along with some other amazing products Summit distributes as well at the Legendary Jacob Javits Center.

I will be on hand in the Booth answering questions about the Thrive product line, so if your at this years show come on by and say hello.

I have to say, its amazing to imagine a vision you have in your mind of what is needed for a high quality product line to be used in many applications comes to life. Exactly how you vision it to be, with such amazing people and brilliant engineers that share the same vision as you do. Then use it in many applications where people really enjoy it & then to have it displayed to thousands of people in such a legendary building with such a high quality product line, Summit Audio at AES.

Just to think that, a product line that was a great conversation between myself and Eric on what should be designed for the High End market, turns into a reality and then comes to life with what we offer now & what we will come out with and make available in the future. We have so many great concepts we want to introduce that we feel is much needed in the field.

I never thought a product line that was at 1st only a high quality Isolator grew into such a wide range of products for a HIFI pro audio market, that will now be displayed in a prestigious booth with a legendary company such as Summit Audio. I am very happy about this, its a amazing achievement.

I will announce what products we will have at AES this year in a few days. Hope to see and meet people from wave @ AES this year.

Will Display for AES,

Processing
The Bender Program EQ

The 5 way Vacuum Tube Isolator

The 3 way Cutter / our entry Level Isolator

We will have 3 amps on Display as well,

The Syla

The Reya,

The Maya

Hope to see some people from Wave this weekend
Old 10-06-2009, 06:03 PM

I'll be there either Friday or Saturday. Would love to meet some of you guys if you're attending.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:10 PM

So i got everything

Quote:

Set up today in the Javits started takin pics will post some after the show is over, we will have some amazing products that Will Display for AES in the rack,
The Thrive audio Bender Program EQ,The 5 way Vacuum Tube Isolator,The 3 way Cutter our entry Level Isolator. As for amps as posted above, The Syla,The Reya & The Maya. Sting Intl hooked us up with the Rack, MUCH props to him

Hope to see some people from Wave this weekend @ Javits, Thrive will Be in the Summit Audio booth along side Bricasti products look for the Dancing VU meters in the Amp rack. Bricasti is know for the best reverbs on the Market, Just like all the Summit products are known for, & Lauten Audio Microphones, so i will be around some incredible products & in great company for the show.

We are next to amazing products with great floor placement next to Genelec, Focal and the Yamaha huge demo 18 wheeler.

So if you guys are at the show come say hello would love to see some wave Members.
We made up nice hand outs on Thrive, with a Official AES press release on Thrive Audio By Summit Audio.

Its amazing watching this amazing space transform into the show should be amazing show this year.

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 10-08-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Is it possible for you all to post the product information online after the show?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Thumbs up

Bricasti Make the big dawg reverb unit. If i was still doing production these days i would scoop one of those up quick.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 AM
sunjitwhy

Thrive and AES

I had the pleasure of attending AES in New York yesterday, and let me say that this is one high quality event. It truly is the best of the best and the leading edge of audio engineering. I had a chance to swing by the Thrive booth to meet with the people from Summit Audio and the team from Bricasti. It was a very impressive display to say the least. There was a huge amount of interest in the Thrive gear, from seasoned engineers to international buyers and distributors.

I also got to meet up with David Bryce, who is the man responsible for picking up the Adam Audio line over 8 years ago and taking it to a mult-million dollar business. He's now working for Thrive, and I can only imagine what great things he is going to do for Thrive. "Amplifiers for Men," he calls them. He's not kidding ... I have a bunch of Thrive Amps in my setup, and they kick the pants off of anything I've heard ... And I have gone through MANY, from both the high-end pro world and the ultra-high end audiophile world.

I also stopped by to see Allen Sides from Ocean Way Recording, and spent a good half hour talking to him about his monitoring systems, recording and overseas markets. Turns out he has a few Thrive Nyla's and is really anxious to get them into his system.

Max respect to Shorty on this one. I'm really happy for you and the Thrive team ... Sounds like things are ready to go big time. Congrats!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM

Hey Sanjay-

Have to catch up, lot has changed..

Stopped by today for a quick peruse of the floor..

Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 AM

2009 Aes

This was a great show from all aspects, for 1, It was incredible for Thrive we picked up dealers State side, globally & took in large international orders at the show for the entire line. All 4 processors, The Isolator, Cutter, Bender, Bad Neighbor and all our amps.

We made incredible contacts from introducing the line for the first time to the public as well, Many Instalation companys loved the line to for there club installs, they loved all our processors their features and our amps. People are very excited about all the Thrive products, specialized retail outlets are very interested in carrying the line as well to sell to comercial & private studios.

As Sanjay has said it was a very high end show, 90 % top shelf products everywhere you walked the floor, SSL, Neave feat in the Ocean way Booth, you name the high end brand, they were there.

Summit had quite a buzz with all of there products and the new Everest, what a amazing piece its crazy what you can do with this 4 in 1 processor.

Bricasti reverb is just awesome great trafic to this product in our booth as well, I cant wait for there new DAC I seen the prototype its unreal and these will be in SBS systems for sure.

Tape machines for studios were big talk as well, guys in studios are going back to 24 track 2 in, then into Pro tools from what was said. i seen some nice booths with tape machines and even booths with companys selling tape again.

Focal had a great demo booth rt next to Summit, Bricasti and Thrive. Adam Monitors were un real to say the least. FK and i listened to a briliant 5 channel system that was amazing, I ran into him at the Adam booth as they were near us.

Alan Sides of Ocean way Studios was great to see and speak with, as was his main engineer was great to speak with as well, we literally spoke for over 2 hours about so much stuff with his and our products, he is really introducing incredible products & really knows his vintage audio. He owns the finest vintage mic collection in the country and possibly globally.

Alan is a amazing guy, he is WELL respected in the industry. If you wanna find out more about his studio google Ocean way studios, and see who has mixed and recorded music at Ocean way studios. Every major artist of our time in every genre of music has made records in his studio or mastered them as well.

Here is a video link on alot of new products introduced that can be seen in a video and explained a bit.

http://aes.harmony-central.com/127AES Enjoy

I put up some pics of AES on my Facebook page for people that wanna check them out,

www.systemsbyshorty.com

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 10-13-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 AM

There HR-2 monitors are insane !!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:10 AM

Here are a few more

Quote:
This was a great show from all aspects, for 1, It was incredible for Thrive we picked up dealers State side, globally & took in large international orders at the show for the entire line. All 4 processors, The Isolator, Cutter, Bender, Bad Neighbor and all our amps.

We made incredible contacts from introducing the line for the first time to the public as well, Many Instalation companys loved the line to for there club installs, they loved all our processors their features and our amps. People are very excited about all the Thrive products, specialized retail outlets are very interested in carrying the line as well to sell to comercial & private studios.

As Sanjay has said it was a very high end show, 90 % top shelf products everywhere you walked the floor, SSL, Neave feat in the Ocean way Booth, you name the high end brand, they were there.

Summit had quite a buzz with all of there products and the new Everest, what a amazing piece its crazy what you can do with this 4 in 1 processor.

Bricasti reverb is just awesome great trafic to this product in our booth as well, I cant wait for there new DAC I seen the prototype its unreal and these will be in SBS systems for sure.

Tape machines for studios were big talk as well, guys in studios are going back to 24 track 2 in, then into Pro tools from what was said. i seen some nice booths with tape machines and even booths with companys selling tape again.

Focal had a great demo booth rt next to Summit, Bricasti and Thrive. Adam Monitors were un real to say the least. FK and i listened to a briliant 5 channel system that was amazing, I ran into him at the Adam booth as they were near us.

Alan Sides of Ocean way Studios was great to see and speak with, as was his main engineer was great to speak with as well, we literally spoke for over 2 hours about so much stuff with his and our products, he is really introducing incredible products & really knows his vintage audio. He owns the finest vintage mic collection in the country and possibly globally.

Alan is a amazing guy, he is WELL respected in the industry. If you wanna find out more about his studio google Ocean way studios, and see who has mixed and recorded music at Ocean way studios. Every major artist of our time in every genre of music has made records in his studio or mastered them as well.

Here is a video link on alot of new products introduced that can be seen in a video and explained a bit.

http://aes.harmony-central.com/127AES Enjoy

I put up some pics of AES on my Facebook page for people that wanna check them out,

www.systemsbyshorty.com

a few more shots i have to display the Thrive Audio Display rack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	285
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	2550  Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	2551  Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	2555  Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	2556  Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	2557  

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 10-20-2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Monkey Mouse

I was there on Sunday and walked right past the booth and didn't even see the gear in there...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 AM

was the bad neighbor at the show?

i don't notice it in the rack, i don't think....
Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Mouse
I was there on Sunday and walked right past the booth and didn't even see the gear in there...
Are u sure?

BECAUSE i AM TOLD THRIVES GEAR WAS DEFINITELY ON DISPLAY.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:24 AM

Yes we were

There for sure, as the pics display. We seen Sanjay, Alan Thompson, George from integral, FK, Duron, Pbell, and many others that stopped by at the booth. Would have loved to meet you T Tauri & Monkey Mouse

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 10-23-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Monkey Mouse

Quote:
There for sure, as the pics display. We seen Sanjay, Alan Thompson, George from integral, FK, Duron, Pbell, and many others that stopped by at the booth. Would have loved to meet you T Tauri & Monkey Mouse

Shorty (and others):

I didn't see the Thrive Gear as I didn't know where it was until after I came back home and read this post. I was primarily there to check out software and hardware for production, so Summit Audio was an afterthought....