Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 03:36 PM

Beat Port sites suck!!!

Last week I registered with www.djmag.com/download
It is a beat port powered site, I love the tunes and the fact you can buy wavs. When i registered it says you have to wait for a email you have to reply to, fair ok but how about it's never recieved so you can't buy anything!!! and no one is answering your emails!!!
So I registered with beat port, now on this site my card is declined!!!!! What the fuck! I have more than ample cash avalible you fucking stupid computer!! please see my bank manager if you are not at fault, I wish I could beat port but I have a job and I dont have time to go to the bank! I have never had any probs with the DJ mag web site until they switched to beat port! I have downloaded tunes from them before without a hich! One word Tossers!
They are trying to make this leagal shit sell and the interface is crap! go to hell and burn there. I WANT MY RECORDS!!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 PM

wow, just looked at the beat port fourum and a lot of angry people having the same probs as me and others. Even the same views! oh yes they suck I thought it was just me.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:22 PM

Yeah, it seems you cant BUY over $200.00 worth at a time.

I dont understand the thinking at all, if you got the availability of funds who are they to tell us what our spending limits are?

Go to a clothing store, as long as your card is approved and you have the funds available, you can spend as much as you like!

It will take a serious decline in Beatport sales to wake them up.

Anybody for starting a Beatport Boycott?

The way to hit em is in their pocketbook. Take away their cashola, they will do something then!

Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 PM

Errm there are shitloads of guys boycoting them on there it's amazing not one good word on the whole site! Also if you are from the uk you have to pay shit loads more than when you buy with dollars but there is a trick!
I use a secure server that's american and the IP adress is not my pc's so it display's my prices in dolars lol and I pay half of what I should be paying fuckers!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:16 PM

Sooner or later they will wake up and get their shit together.

Cause, they will wake up one day, and there will be a NEW download site up, one that also has the music we want, and does buisiness the right way.

Then they have to do something!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:25 PM

Yep totaly agree. The problem is there are so many sites powered by them now and it's crazy because most people and including me prefered the old html based sites I never had problems with. EVER
Old 11-05-2006, 05:31 PM

I agree, the old site worked better.

But, the only way to make the HEAR us, is to NOT buy from them.

Money talks! if enough people stop buying from beatport, they will have no choice but to fix the issues. Until then, we wait for something better than beatport to come along!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:39 PM

It's a shame, I'm in love with house music and I need it dripped into my vanes and not being able to get those tracks just isnít fair. Oh well if money talks then fuck them and I wonít spend a penny with them until itís fixed. Hopefully a lot more peeps will do the same to rock the boat. Wow isnít this digital world we live in so stress free.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:58 PM

Well, I am not saying not to buy just yet.

This sort of thing would have to be organized, so that Beatport took a big hit, say a 1 million dollar loss.

For now, dont put stress on yourself by not having the tunes you want.

But, if enough people got fed up, and all at the same time stopped buying from Beatport........
Old 11-05-2006, 06:06 PM

Thanks man, that would be real cool! a propper boy cot. That's what I hate about all these big face-less companies that they are just that. Even a lot of dj brands etc that's all they are a brand with an invisible guy at the top. Let's say I have a problem with my denon mixer or there is a flaw with it, who do I contact? no one is who! and no one will give a shit cos they are so big! Whear's a brand like allen & Heath you speak to Andy Rigby Jhones!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl_junkie
Thanks man, that would be real cool! a propper boy cot. That's what I hate about all these big face-less companies that they are just that. Even a lot of dj brands etc that's all they are a brand with an invisible guy at the top. Let's say I have a problem with my denon mixer or there is a flaw with it, who do I contact? no one is who! and no one will give a shit cos they are so big! Whear's a brand like allen & Heath you speak to Andy Rigby Jhones!
Unfortunately, this is true! Audio companies used to be like this, you talked to someone, and they genuinely helped you and cared how their product brand was performing for you.

A & H is a good company, and yes, Andy Rigby-Jones is a real person, who really cares about A & H product, and you can REALLY talk to him.

Gotta be glad there are still a few good companies around.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:17 PM

Yeah I think it helps a lot. On a whole different thing tonight is almost more painful than lastnight, my bro gave some intense flu when he got back from uni and my neck has glands the size of grapes! Got'a have HOUSE MUSIC
Old 11-05-2006, 07:01 PM

That does suck.

Plenty of fluids, some hot chicken soup, aspirin, Bayer if your stomach can take it. Get rest, and youll get better fast.

If you can get nice chicken soup from a good Jewish deli, I swear it helps! Or, call your mom, they always know what to do for stuff like this.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
Yeah, it seems you cant BUY over $200.00 worth at a time.

I dont understand the thinking at all, if you got the availability of funds who are they to tell us what our spending limits are?

Maybe it's to do with limiting bandwidth usage? <shrugs>

Speaking of large purchases: I just bought some a few Warp tracks I missed back when from bleep.com--they give you the choice of separate downloads or a zip file of all the tracks you bought--nice not to have to sit there and download each one separately if you've bought an album, say. Anyone know if Beatport or Stompy do this as well?

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 PM

You can download from beatport your entire purchase, or they can send you a disc for you to load into your computer.

If bandwidth is the problem, and the reason they limit us to $200.00 per purchase, I`d say they NEED to fox this, and get whatever they need to allow us to purchase what we wiish.

I`m no child, and I spend what I want to spend. All they do is piss me off, and make me wait, quite eagerly, till the day another site opens up, with as good a catalog, that lets me spend what I wish, and POOF, I will never spend a penny at beatport EVER again.

Many people are very frustrated with beatport over this exact issue! They better wake up, and smell the coffee.

When I shop, never has a salesperson told me what the stores spending limit is! Online shopping I have also made many large pruchases. I bought a Summit Audio DCL-200 compressor from sweetwater.com, my CC was approved, and a week later, my EXPENSIVE compressor arrived!

How is it, every other website can facillitate purchases over $200.00 and Beatport cant?

What are we? Children in grade school?

Old 11-06-2006, 05:19 PM

when you say download the entire puchase, do you mean one track at a time or a zip file or download queue?
The site limits to 2 downloads at once. buying the wav files and downloading from home can take ages, which means you cannot really queue up everything and go out for the day and expect everything to be done when you get back. The only way I've found to get around this is to start d/l 2 tracks, close explorer, open another window, login and start downloading the next 2 tracks. very annoying to have to do this 8 times or so to get it to download overnight.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby
when you say download the entire puchase, do you mean one track at a time or a zip file or download queue?
The site limits to 2 downloads at once. buying the wav files and downloading from home can take ages, which means you cannot really queue up everything and go out for the day and expect everything to be done when you get back. The only way I've found to get around this is to start d/l 2 tracks, close explorer, open another window, login and start downloading the next 2 tracks. very annoying to have to do this 8 times or so to get it to download overnight.
Thats why I choose to get have them send me the disc, or discs, and upload into my computer this way!

They have work to do to make the download shopping experience a pleasurable one!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby

Yeah, Zip file or download queue (like Dancetracks Digital's special downloader application) is what I meant--one click and the whole purchase is downloaded. Don't really buy much from any of the sites, but when I do, it's a bunch of tracks at once, and the download one or two at a time thing can become annoying.

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 11-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Thats why I choose to get have them send me the disc, or discs, and upload into my computer this way!

They have work to do to make the download shopping experience a pleasurable one!

I tried that once when they first started. $5 for the music and over $50 to ship a cd to australia. downloading might be slow but it's better than what they were charging.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:25 AM

First of I would like to say thanks for the reply's and support. Beatport have emailed me saying they are having a problem with solo card's etc and are working on it hmmm but don't say when this will be fixed lol
So I headed over to stompy and searched for the tunes there, but unfortunately I only found about 4 out of around 20 something tunes I had in my basket at beatport. So in the end I purchased these 4 wavs (May I mention without the ridiculous wav handling charge!) and an MP3 dj mix for my mp3 player when Iím travelling to work. One word, fantastic customer satisfaction and great ease of use, no fuss and a real nice fast download. I ordered from stompy before so I knew what to expect but itís such a shame they donít have the back catalogue beatport have because if they did they would send them down the pan!
May I also suggest listening to this mix! Real groovy baby!
http://www.stompy.com/catalog/djmix-...oduct_id=21331
Old 11-10-2006, 06:18 AM

Beat port is now functional! Happy days
Old 11-10-2006, 08:36 PM

Went against my better judgment and got a track on Beatport I probably could get on vinyl, and this was the result:

(That's from the WAV, by the way, not an mp3, and the counter of total clipped samples maxed out about halfway through, so the full number is closer to 20,000.)

Digital audio, gotta love it!

(That's Simbad's "Soul Fever" in case anyone else should think of getting it)

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 11-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Wow, not good, not too impressive.

My audio freind and I were just discussing the future of music playback, and we both agreed, we got a FIVE year period till they start to get it kind of right with this download technology.

Just like the beginnings of CD were downright terrible!

Nothing else I can tell you.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Just like the beginnings of CD were downright terrible!
Though really, problems like this aren't uncommon on CD either at the moment. Everything's being squashed with the kung-fu grip these days. I engineered a DJ mix CD recently, and tracks direct from the label had the same issues.

Peece,
T. Tauri

(Note: Meant for my post above to go in the "WAV downloads..." thread, but put it here by accident)
Old 11-10-2006, 10:43 PM

Thats the fault of the labels, though, everything gotta be louder, louder, louder! You wanna work, you make the mix as loud as you can.

CD of real music are engineered and mastered much better than any dance music stuff. Try the new Diana Krall CD, its actually good. Recording wise I mean. Also Gary Goodwins-Big Phat Band " The Phat Pack " CD, available at tower online is really good. Not dance, but really good sounding jazz/big band type music, a must to demo a good sound set up! Its shows what digital audio can be!

So? When do we get back to producing properly?

Any idea? Cause I dont know myself!