Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 04:22 PM

Dune, and EVERYONE, CONEY ISLANDS NEW LUNA PARK IS OPENING THIS COMING WEEKEND! They created a front gate that looks FABULOUS! After the MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, LUNA will close down for the week, to complete and finish installation of more rides, and other things. By the middle of June, LUNA PARK WILL BE IN FULL EFFECT!

I will post a link to the CONEY ISLAND BOARD so everyone can see what is going on down here, and the new park. PLEASE go look. I, this time, have no words to describe my feelings. But I'm linking you guys to PICTURES!

CONEY ISLAND!
WERE BACK!
www.coneyisland.com
Old 05-25-2010, 04:30 PM

glad to hear things are doing well by the boardwalk Scott!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
glad to hear things are doing well by the boardwalk Scott!
Thanks!

Hey Mistick, did you go to the link I posted and look at the NEW LUNA PARK going together?

IT IS AMAZING, HAPPY DAYS, AND ROCKIN SUMMERTIME FOR EVERYONE!

CONEY ISLAND, WE RISE AGAIN!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM

i did not yet get a chance, but will this weekend....

Old 05-28-2010, 07:06 AM

Coney

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id...98&pid=7466795
Old 05-28-2010, 07:44 AM

Biz

BIZ shouts out CONEY ISLAND in his verse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eGxrrNDXq4
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNE493
BIZ shouts out CONEY ISLAND in his verse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eGxrrNDXq4
HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 PM

My new console in the works.

Hello everyone, I am posting a couple of pic's of my new console. More pic's to come as the project progresses. The console will hold 3 1200's, 2 cdj 1000 mk2's, urei mixer, 3 way x-over, 3 furman vu meter's across the top,
technics 1500 reel to reel, EQ, processors, and my amplifier's which be in a seperate rack mounted on the wall, and later on down the line hopefully a GSA Isolator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	console pic 1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2705  Click image for larger version

Name:	console pic 2.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	2706  
Old 05-30-2010, 02:54 AM

Loving this my favourite set-up so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyXfH7OXNk4

Old 05-30-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchillis
Hello everyone, I am posting a couple of pic's of my new console. More pic's to come as the project progresses. The console will hold 3 1200's, 2 cdj 1000 mk2's, urei mixer, 3 way x-over, 3 furman vu meter's across the top,
technics 1500 reel to reel, EQ, processors, and my amplifier's which be in a seperate rack mounted on the wall, and later on down the line hopefully a GSA Isolator.

Nice, looking forward to see the final result
Old 05-30-2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchillis
NICE WORK, Kevin!

But then, you've always done NICE WOODWORK, IMO.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 AM

my booth :)

my dj booth with my new scoop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2109.JPG
Views:	701
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	2707  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2110.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	2708  
Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM

Pics of my new speakers

Been doing a ton of work at the spot where we throw our parties and I've got our new speakers done. We had a pair of Klipsch La Scalas and a Yorkville 15" folded-horn sub for our last party and they sounded great but didn't have enough coverage. The horns are just too directional to run the room with only two.

We also had another pair of La Scala woofer sections so I built a set of mids and tweeters to turn them into another pair of speakers. We used Selenium drivers, D250X for the mids, and ST324 for the tweeter. The mids use a new Klipsch K-401 mid horn, which is the replacement part for the original Klipsch 400 mid horn. The crossover was designed and built by Howard Doctor at the Vancouver Audio Speaker Clinic based on the original La Scala xover with modification for the higher-output Selenium drivers.

These are the first speakers I've built and I'm proud to say they sound great; nearly identical to the originals.

Because they're so efficient, all four speakers are run comfortably by a single 280wpc power amp! In this case, an HH V800. Even when the system is pounding, the amp barely registers.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Damn, I wish I'd have a place like that Lime Twig... Looks amazing!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM

excellent work man that space and those speakers look great!!!!

looks like a dope spot to do parties just the right size

peas
Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Very nice! What do you have loaded in your scoop? What horn and driver are you using? Is that a beyma tweeter?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Dreams
my dj booth with my new scoop
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Thanks, guys. The space is great: it's an old, run-down building in a rough neighbourhood. It's run by a nice guy who seems happy to have me show up all the time, hang disco balls and build speakers. We throw parties every month or so and split the profits. I'm pretty stoked to have it as long as it lasts!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:33 PM

Doesnt get any better than that!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime Twig
Thanks, guys. The space is great: it's an old, run-down building in a rough neighbourhood. It's run by a nice guy who seems happy to have me show up all the time, hang disco balls and build speakers. We throw parties every month or so and split the profits. I'm pretty stoked to have it as long as it lasts!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 PM

yeap its a beyma cp 21 slot tweeter....the woofer is a 15'' precision
Old 06-11-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
The thing that will make your place THE BEST is the fact that it is not just another formulaic room, designed and built according to textbooks. Your room is designed, conceptualized, and built from scratch, BY YOU and YOUR TEAM, as a ONE OF A KIND!

Your audio is a bit different than what everybody else is doing, and your layout is individual, as well as decor, staff and service. You will be a unique and distinct club, and THIS is the strength and beauty of your room. Know it, learn it, and be able to use it well.

To be totally honest, the fact that your not a standard copy the blueprints kind of room, or a corporately owned operation, will allow you to do whatever you want, and theme parties your own ways, will be your GREATEST asset.

Also, I like rooms from the small to medium size. These rooms may not be the largest, but can be the MOST KICK ASS and rooms with an emotional feeling, there are!

I like what I see. AND, add to which, same as before, you have my contact info, when you need some help, have some questions, whatever, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME!

Last edited by clubman5 : 06-11-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Dreams
yeap its a beyma cp 21 slot tweeter....the woofer is a 15'' precision

Any idea what the mid horn and driver are?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
Your audio is a bit different than what everybody else is doing, and your layout is individual, as well as decor, staff and service. You will be a unique and distinct club, and THIS is the strength and beauty of your room. Know it, learn it, and be able to use it well.

To be totally honest, the fact that your not a standard copy the blueprints kind of room, or a corporately owned operation, will allow you to do whatever you want, and theme parties your own ways, will be your GREATEST asset.

This is EXACTLY why we're doing it this way. When we started these parties it was because we were so sick of going to shitty nightclubs, paying too much for drinks, paying too much cover, getting bossed around by bouncers, and having no fun.

With these parties we're doing, we charge $5 to get in and we hire the nicest folks we know to work the door. We don't advertise on Facebook at all, just pass it along word-of-mouth so everybody who shows up has heard about it from someone they know personally. This isn't about exclusivity - it's still open to anyone it's designed to foster a feeling of ownership and belonging. We also give everyone these ridiculous fruit-shaped noisemakers at the door just to set the mood and put a smile on their face.

The effect that it has had is incredible, people are smiling and open and talk to each other like friends. We've had between 150-200 people each time, which is just about perfect for the space. I'm so proud of it, they're easily the best thing I've done as a DJ so far.

Anyone who knows their dance-music history will see that we're basically just trying to follow David Mancuso's ethic as closely as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
I like what I see. AND, add to which, same as before, you have my contact info, when you need some help, have some questions, whatever, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME!

Thanks again, Scott. You've already been a ton of help. I'll definitely be in touch again once we get serious about building our own subs.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Anyone who knows their dance-music history will see that we're basically just trying to follow David Mancuso's ethic as closely as possible!

That was exactly what I thought looking at the pics.
Keep up the good work.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM

Looks great Lime Twig...Love your no facebook spam policy After all we know what it's all about at the end of the day..the music.

At the moment you can't get near my turntables....easily hahah

To make things even better I now sprawl out into the next room hahah

Complete with audiophile vintage "chair" speaker stands hahahahahah

This will have to do for a bit...surprisingly the room sounds better than some other better looking rooms I have been in..I still have the B&W's in my other room on proper stands
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
This is EXACTLY why we're doing it this way. When we started these parties it was because we were so sick of going to shitty nightclubs, paying too much for drinks, paying too much cover, getting bossed around by bouncers, and having no fun.

With these parties we're doing, we charge $5 to get in and we hire the nicest folks we know to work the door. We don't advertise on Facebook at all, just pass it along word-of-mouth so everybody who shows up has heard about it from someone they know personally. This isn't about exclusivity - it's still open to anyone it's designed to foster a feeling of ownership and belonging. We also give everyone these ridiculous fruit-shaped noisemakers at the door just to set the mood and put a smile on their face.

The effect that it has had is incredible, people are smiling and open and talk to each other like friends. We've had between 150-200 people each time, which is just about perfect for the space. I'm so proud of it, they're easily the best thing I've done as a DJ so far.

Thanks again, Scott. You've already been a ton of help. I'll definitely be in touch again once we get serious about building our own subs.

COOL!