Wave Music Home
ReleasesCommunityYour OrderWave Music
ArtistsEventsDJ MixesShop

Wave Music Home


Home
About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links




Search


Adv. Search



Subscribe


Email






Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
  #551  
Old 11-12-2007, 07:15 PM
vinyl_junkie vinyl_junkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South East Kent, UK
Posts: 1,827
WOOO I can spin on radio shack quality stuff and rock it lol

Long story short I went to BPM (like plasa but smaller)....
soo me beeing me..

I really wanted to dj there, I had a reall bad craving ok and the only stand I could play my tunes on loud was the Citronic stand lol so I did hahah (I brang my cd wallet and Technics cans)
CDJ's were shockingly bad and mixer was like mega shite but I was having a wale of a time and the monitor speaker was very very good actually!
Best bit was some kid from some stand moved my monitor speaker pointing it towards them so they could dance n' listen when I was mixing yeah so I couldnt hear propperly and Brett (the guy I went with) said mate he can't hear, you moved his monitor and the twat said yeah it's ok he's only playing a mix c d hahahahah I love that lol

Second highlight was the citronic guy saying I was good and how did I like the gear to witch I told him the trougth hahahah, other than the monitor it was CRAP. Also the people when I was playing picking up brochures I was telling them to go get Pioneer when no one was looking hahah

This was the first time I played on this gearÖnotice as Iím trying to get my bearings on how the fuck do I set a cue point on the first cdj lol, the pioneer way of doing it failed lol.
Shame thatís the only bit of vid as I got a lot better through out.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wDfqC7t5daA
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 AM
bartonn bartonn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 162
Here a few picture of my set up. Everything I have learned, mostly so far, has been a result of this board.
I designed the console myself. It is modular.It's also not finished yet. I am making the front 19" rack space units (3) at work with a cnc router and drill press.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3831.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1618  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3835.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1619  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3839.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1620  

Last edited by bartonn : 11-13-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
MattColeridge MattColeridge is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl_junkie
WOOO I can spin on radio shack quality stuff and rock it lol

Long story short I went to BPM (like plasa but smaller)....
soo me beeing me..

I really wanted to dj there, I had a reall bad craving ok and the only stand I could play my tunes on loud was the Citronic stand lol so I did hahah (I brang my cd wallet and Technics cans)
CDJ's were shockingly bad and mixer was like mega shite but I was having a wale of a time and the monitor speaker was very very good actually!
Best bit was some kid from some stand moved my monitor speaker pointing it towards them so they could dance n' listen when I was mixing yeah so I couldnt hear propperly and Brett (the guy I went with) said mate he can't hear, you moved his monitor and the twat said yeah it's ok he's only playing a mix c d hahahahah I love that lol

Second highlight was the citronic guy saying I was good and how did I like the gear to witch I told him the trougth hahahah, other than the monitor it was CRAP. Also the people when I was playing picking up brochures I was telling them to go get Pioneer when no one was looking hahah

This was the first time I played on this gearÖnotice as Iím trying to get my bearings on how the fuck do I set a cue point on the first cdj lol, the pioneer way of doing it failed lol.
Shame thatís the only bit of vid as I got a lot better through out.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wDfqC7t5daA

Citronic used to make good quality equipment. I still use a mid-90s Citronic mixer in my home setup.

Then they got bought out (I think) and went the road of cheap stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Ryan0751 Ryan0751 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 146
Haha, that looks like the same decks as the american audio one?

I was at a local loungy place and my friend was playing. He was doing the exact same thing trying to set a cue point... turning the jog, hitting all sorts of buttons, it was funny.

Seriously, just copy the pioneer style. Or even the Denon style, but don't come up with your own.

The designers really should take there gear, stick it in front of someone that's never used it and say "figure this out in 5 minutes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonn
Here a few picture of my set up. Everything I have learned, mostly so far, has been a result of this board.
I designed the console myself. It is modular.It's also not finished yet. I am making the front 19" rack space units (3) at work with a cnc router and drill press.
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
vinyl_junkie vinyl_junkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South East Kent, UK
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan0751
Haha, that looks like the same decks as the american audio one?

I was at a local loungy place and my friend was playing. He was doing the exact same thing trying to set a cue point... turning the jog, hitting all sorts of buttons, it was funny.

Seriously, just copy the pioneer style. Or even the Denon style, but don't come up with your own.

The designers really should take there gear, stick it in front of someone that's never used it and say "figure this out in 5 minutes".

Yeah, true true. They all put so much crap on the front panel of things now working out how to fast forward you spend half an hour thinking how on gods earth you do it lol let alone set a cue point. Poor layout, poor jog wheel.
The thing with them Citronics was one was in Vinyl mode and one in CDJ mode, could't work out how the fuck I take the other out of vinyl, what I fist did I got my cue point (VInyl mode CDJ) and paused it then pressed cue...nothing it went back to the begining, so re-cue then press the loop in button whitch worked at last lol.
Also yeah Citronic were brought out a few years back, they used to make ok stuff up untill they were taken over.
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Groovejunk Groovejunk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 93
Bought me a pair of custom 1200's. You can't see it on the picture, but it's metallic carpaint. Cartridges will be replaced soon.

__________________
ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 11-15-2007, 08:56 AM
uncleskyway uncleskyway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Hi there

I'm new to this forum; although I've been using it as a reference for a while. There's a shocking amount of knowledge on here, especially about all things analogue, which I find fascinating and really useful. Anyhow, I though a good way to start would be to post a picture of my home set up.

Cheers - Skyway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skywaysbooth.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1621  
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 AM
DSA.audio's Avatar
DSA.audio DSA.audio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: hoodoo audio heaven
Posts: 1,330
welcome aboard!
__________________
.............................

the Mistick Krewe account is temp. disabled,


forgive the ressurection of DSA.audio please...
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM
DUNE493's Avatar
DUNE493 DUNE493 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 265
Nice 1200 Groovejunk..
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Groovejunk Groovejunk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 93
Thnx. Will shoot some new pics when my new musicroom is finished
__________________
ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)
Reply With Quote
  #561  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
DUNE493's Avatar
DUNE493 DUNE493 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 265
WOW.They got a great deal for this one.http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/Boz...spagenameZWDVW
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
man_traic man_traic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovejunk
Bought me a pair of custom 1200's. You can't see it on the picture, but it's metallic carpaint. Cartridges will be replaced soon.


lol you got the same vu meter as me and vinyljunkie - small world!
Its the Stageline one isnt it?
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Groovejunk Groovejunk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 93
Yes, it's Stageline
__________________
ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
vinyl_junkie vinyl_junkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South East Kent, UK
Posts: 1,827
Thought of updating my pics since I got a few small additional things.
New cool looking Technics slipmats lol, new Technics headphones (RP-DJ-1200; I really really like them for DJíing, design suits me right down to the ground ) and my Shure M35X needles ( I love them, they got me spinning vinyl again and they sound nice too, also just sold my Night Club E's)







Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 12-06-2007, 07:04 PM
JohnDP JohnDP is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 98
ey, great pics, do you mind sending me the second one, with the Shure needle in front, in High Res? I'd like to make a poster out of it.

email is fede1 at web.de

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Sonicanvil Sonicanvil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 71
Work in progress

its no console/work of art.
my entry level mobile setup.
at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0192 3.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1667  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0198 3.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1668  
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Sonicanvil Sonicanvil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 71
Amen Bozak Brother! Amen.
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Atarien Atarien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 18
here's my new setup (home made) from Paris, France



Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
vinyl_junkie vinyl_junkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South East Kent, UK
Posts: 1,827
Hey that's a very nice setup you got there Atarien, speakers on the floor isn't great but hey the DJ booth looks very nice, I would mix on that any day lol, how's the Vestax mixer? I was going to buy one ages ago before I had the money for the LE
__________________
--The future scares me, any chance of a lift back to the past any one?--
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Kevin James Kevin James is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,005
Made a couple of updates to my booth. I picked up a CDJ1000 MK3 to replace the CDJ 800 I was using for the 3rd cd deck, and I added a new flat screed monitor.





and heres my shitty little makeshift work station

__________________
Download my latest mixes here
http://house-mixes.com/artists/Kevin_James
New mix added 11/28/09

Watch me spin live Saturdays 3-5PM PST here
http://www.stickam.com/faderwaveradio

Baba Booey!
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
fleep... fleep... is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to fleep...
My New Home: Part 1

So I thought i should add mine to the collection. Currently I'm about 2/3 of the way finished. I still have the final painting to be done and the side / top panel to be finished.

It is designed for 3 SL1200's but can be adapted to 2 CDJ 1000's or any mixture of SL or CDJ on what I want. Everything is wired to the 2 patchbays and every connection of the UREI is connected. Even the Effect send on the UREI is connected normally and I'm using patch cords to route it to the DopeReal and back.

When I finish i'll post the final pictures then.

BTW, that is only half of the record collection you see in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1675  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1676  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1677  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1678  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1679  

Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
fleep... fleep... is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to fleep...
My New Home: Part 2

Part 2 of the pictures.

Also when painting in an apartment make sure you open all windows and doors. It smells!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1680  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1681  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1682  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1683  
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
johnpuga1982 johnpuga1982 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 425
Send a message via AIM to johnpuga1982
I've been looking at these sets ups for a long time. Some are simple and some are complex. From my own experience, the best dj set up I've played on is at home. Most clubs and bars in my area have shit setups anyway.
__________________
"I like to move it move it."
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
djhh212 djhh212 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleep...
Part 2 of the pictures.

Also when painting in an apartment make sure you open all windows and doors. It smells!

great looking setup! simplicity at its finest...
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
fleep... fleep... is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 51
Send a message via AIM to fleep...
I forgot to add if anyone wants the PDF's of the timber layouts i'll post them up too when I clean them up and make them more readable.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2006 Wave Music


© Wave Entertainment Group, Inc.