Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatins
Will Deconomix ship to New Jersey Love the Bobby Zoo Unit.

Man, that console is SICK! I wonder if they would ship ship to California......

Id' LOVE to have one built that would be like a cross between the Rav unit & the Bobby Zoo Unit. Set up just like the Rav Unit but for 3 Tech 1200's instead of 2, but with 2 CDJ's set up on stands behind the decks like the Bobby Zoo Unit and with a third stand in the middle for either a 3rd CDJ, a lap top or an EFX. That would be sick.

Does anyone know of any companies on the west coast that build consoles? I only know of DualSF in Frisco.... but their a bunch of duech bags that don't return calls or email inquiries I guess they don't need business, must be nice.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:59 PM

I`m going out to buy myself a digital camera. Once I have it, and Im done redoing the system, and the lightshow, I want to put pics of my place up here, some of you guys are going to have to walk me through doing this. I dont know how.

But, with a little help from my freinds...........

Old 08-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovejunk
Updated pics.

are those cinder block quarters ?

edit****

of course we can help you with that new camera technology Scott--
but I bet; once you get the camera, you will see that you don't really need our help --
it is very easy...

the Mistick Krewe account is temp. disabled,

forgive the ressurection of DSA.audio please...

Last edited by DSA.audio : 08-21-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to NeverObsolete Send a message via Yahoo to NeverObsolete
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
I`m going out to buy myself a digital camera. Once I have it, and Im done redoing the system, and the lightshow, I want to put pics of my place up here, some of you guys are going to have to walk me through doing this. I dont know how.

But, with a little help from my freinds...........

One of the cheapest ways to go about this is to use your server and create a simple website. Like if you are using verizon, you can create a simple drag and drop type of site. Crude but effective. Once created, you can post your pictures there. Then copy the properties of the picture and post them here.

Like this:

Here's a link to my website. and I am not webmaster.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqxcfz/s...ntertainment2/

Then I can right click on a picture and go to properties and click.

When the window opens, click on the address and copy.

Then paste tht copy here

voila done.

Most server allow you a certain amount of space to create a site. Many have a drag and drop option.

I recommend a program like ACDSEE for editing pictures. A good size for saving space and displaying pictures on the web is about 50k.

Last edited by NeverObsolete : 08-21-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:17 PM

Again the WL's sound good when properly level and on Technics. They're the only carts I still can't get level on the TT-200's...for obvious reasons.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA.audio
are those cinder block quarters ?

You mean those little bricks under the Technics? (Yeah I'm dutch.. )
Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 AM

They should just sell the plans for that unit also, does not really look all that hard to build but a set of plans would be nice.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:37 AM

Wow, at around the 36 minute mark the sound quality on that mix seems to get better. New vinyl? I'm blown away by that and the next few tracks' warmth, extension, and purity. Actually, the whole track has something going on in the highs that's kinda startling compared to my setup. Certainly the problem with crummy sound on my setup could not be from three different mixers: PPD01, 5000fx, and Xone 62. Gotta be the tables doing it. You can get the WL's perfectly level on the 1200's, right?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticuli
Wow, at around the 36 minute mark the sound quality on that mix seems to get better. New vinyl? I'm blown away by that and the next few tracks' warmth, extension, and purity. Actually, the whole track has something going on in the highs that's kinda startling compared to my setup. Certainly the problem with crummy sound on my setup could not be from three different mixers: PPD01, 5000fx, and Xone 62. Gotta be the tables doing it. You can get the WL's perfectly level on the 1200's, right?

Is it my mix you're talking about? (if you use the quote function of the board, the replies are a lot easier to follow )

And the Whitelabels are perfectly levelled yes. Note : It's not vinyl I use, but Final Scratch 2 and Powerbook
Old 08-22-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
You mean those little bricks under the Technics? (Yeah I'm dutch.. )

yes, what are they?

sorry for being unclear.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:20 PM

@ DSA. audio : They're just bricks. We used them in our frontyard to make a path to the frontdoor. "pavingmaterial" (dunno if i'm using the right word now. I Can talk / write a whole lot of English, but I'm not an American / english gardener )

Why? Yore looking for something similar?
Old 08-22-2006, 02:40 PM

Ya gotta love bricks

http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...rick_r1_c1.jpg

Yes by Ronco, the amazing audophile brick, it absorbs it isolates it improves bass response... But wait theres more...

I'm selling them to audiphiles @ 20 bucks a pair...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:03 PM

Not the first time I've seen bricks used in an audiophile environment. I used to work in a mid - high end audio shop (we sold Krell, Conrad Johnson, Martin Logan, etc.), and one of the managers used to use bricks to isolate his speaker cables from vibrations in the floor. He would set up a line of bricks like dominoes between the amp and speakers, and route the cables through the holes in the bricks. He swore it made a huge difference.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM

That was my point exactly

Audio philes do some strange things and pay big money for them. So I figure if I give my bricks a name they will ignore the ones @ home depot for 95 cents and buy mine for 20 bucks a pair...
Old 08-22-2006, 03:25 PM

I love the Shun Mook stones, they magically improve every aspect of your sound, imaging, spatial cues, depth, blacker, yes velvety black backgrounds, and stunning transients! All from placing a little rock ontop of your components and speakers.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:29 PM

Now get ready for this!

Putting some sand from the Coney Island beach, specifically the beach between W10th st and W12th st, inside your speakers gives your bass dramatic punch and fullness, with exceptional transient clarity.

And best of all? Its free, yes totally free, so come on down to Coney Island to get your free beach sand, from the beach between W10th and W12th st, and be amazed.

And, once at home with your sand installed, the more beer you drink, the better your shit sounds!!!!!!

Dont believe me, come get your sand, and see for your self.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:35 PM

Great idea

*books flight from the Netherlands instantly*
Old 08-22-2006, 04:16 PM

Quote:
@ DSA. audio : They're just bricks. We used them in our frontyard to make a path to the frontdoor. "pavingmaterial" (dunno if i'm using the right word now. I Can talk / write a whole lot of English, but I'm not an American / english gardener )

Why? Yore looking for something similar?

I thought they were bricks....

no I am presently using empty tuna cans with rubberbands to isolate my decks... I was just wondering what they were...

sorry for opening up this can of worms....

I think $20 is a 'steal' in the audiophool community

Old 08-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkarrik
Not the first time I've seen bricks used in an audiophile environment. I used to work in a mid - high end audio shop (we sold Krell, Conrad Johnson, Martin Logan, etc.), and one of the managers used to use bricks to isolate his speaker cables from vibrations in the floor. He would set up a line of bricks like dominoes between the amp and speakers, and route the cables through the holes in the bricks. He swore it made a huge difference.

I have also seen certain folks raising the speaker cable off of the floor to 'reduce interference' -- I think it is just a scam to part a fool and his money....

Old 08-22-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Now get ready for this!

Putting some sand from the Coney Island beach, specifically the beach between W10th st and W12th st, inside your speakers gives your bass dramatic punch and fullness, with exceptional transient clarity.

And best of all? Its free, yes totally free, so come on down to Coney Island to get your free beach sand, from the beach between W10th and W12th st, and be amazed.

And, once at home with your sand installed, the more beer you drink, the better your shit sounds!!!!!!

Dont believe me, come get your sand, and see for your self.

and no sandy trip to coney is complete without a ride on some bumper cars, right :P Really wish I had heard about the place before i moved.

I have successfully replaced a rubber band suspension with molded silicone. I poured it into molds sized to standard TT feet. They are especially helpful for mobile setups where a table is hte console and large floating platforms are too bulky. 4 of them can even support a board with 2 turntables and mixer sitting on top. Most techno and hiphop djs cant stand it when the decks bounce on rubber bands. Much lighter than steel or concrete as well
Old 08-22-2006, 07:11 PM

Does isolating turntables get rid of hum?
When I max out my mixer levels I get a serious looping feedback hum, is that a ground loop thing or whats going on?
Many Thanks
Old 08-22-2006, 07:17 PM

Done properly, a rubber band suspension pretty much eliminates low frequency rumble and 400hz howl. However, if your playing SO loud, you can hit the tonearms resonant frequency if the recording contains enough signal content around 400hz, then you will hear the arm howl.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Done properly, a rubber band suspension pretty much eliminates low frequency rumble and 400hz howl. However, if your playing SO loud, you can hit the tonearms resonant frequency if the recording contains enough signal content around 400hz, then you will hear the arm howl.

Thanks alot Scott, I don't really play it that loud, just wondering what it was.
Even if a record isn't playing and I max out my channel volume and have my house output around nine I get this this loud howl.
I'm just interested to know what causes it, have I maxed out all my headroom and this hum is looping and getting louder?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:34 PM

The problem is running your phono input wide open, its similar to microphone feedback. Your hitting the table or arm at the right frequency, it resonates, this goes through the mixer, and system, back into the tonearm or table, and back through the mixer, etc, etc, so, yes, its feedback, very similar to a mic feeding back. And the cartridge starts acting similar to a mic as well, too wide open on the input, and your picking up things right through the needle/cartridge.

Last edited by clubman5 : 08-22-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the knowledge, I think I'll have to isolate my tables.