Wave Music Home
ReleasesCommunityYour OrderWave Music
ArtistsEventsDJ MixesShop

Wave Music Home


Home
About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links




Search


Adv. Search



Subscribe


Email






Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:32 AM
dogmatic's Avatar
dogmatic dogmatic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kennel
Posts: 99
Question ARS Model 6700


5,999.99!


http://www.juno.co.uk/products/alpha...ary/596839-01/

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2016, 09:15 PM
vinyl_junkie vinyl_junkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South East Kent, UK
Posts: 1,842
Just wondering, do the people who buy this stuff listen to the gear or the music? Or just their wallet
__________________
--The future scares me, any chance of a lift back to the past any one?--

Last edited by vinyl_junkie : 03-21-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2016, 12:22 AM
Richi Richi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 583
Gear envy will prevent music accumulation as cash moves into hardware.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2016, 04:20 PM
jensx jensx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 116
Not that I'm gonna buy it at this price point, but I think you have to put it into perspective: for some folks GBP 6k isn't much money. If such fortunate person which maybe was not even lucky, but just worked for it is also a house music lover, then why in the world not? Just that generally (house) music lovers aren't the best businessmen and don't have loads of cash (why is that btw?) doesn't mean there aren't folks out there who have the funds. For the others, there's e.g. the new rane rotary which will also do a great job and is more reaonable priced. Also remember that a Xone V6 would have been a good investment. You can probably sell it for more bucks today then you paid for it....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-2016, 01:32 PM
in2house in2house is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 344
Here is Louie Vega at Phonica Records working the ARS 6700...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XJaoiMcHsI
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2016, 03:24 PM
dogmatic's Avatar
dogmatic dogmatic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kennel
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensx
Not that I'm gonna buy it at this price point, but I think you have to put it into perspective: for some folks GBP 6k isn't much money. If such fortunate person which maybe was not even lucky, but just worked for it is also a house music lover, then why in the world not? Just that generally (house) music lovers aren't the best businessmen and don't have loads of cash (why is that btw?) doesn't mean there aren't folks out there who have the funds. For the others, there's e.g. the new rane rotary which will also do a great job and is more reaonable priced. Also remember that a Xone V6 would have been a good investment. You can probably sell it for more bucks today then you paid for it....

There's no support team in the UK & no showroom.

I can't imagine any sane person buying an untested mixer for 6k from an online record vendor.

Would love to do a shootout between this & my V6.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2016, 06:30 PM
vinyl_junkie vinyl_junkie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South East Kent, UK
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmatic
There's no support team in the UK & no showroom.

I can't imagine any sane person buying an untested mixer for 6k from an online record vendor.

Would love to do a shootout between this & my V6.

Yea but this one has magic beans in it, dem gold plated TL074's.
__________________
--The future scares me, any chance of a lift back to the past any one?--
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Captainjr Captainjr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 251
Looks kind of like a enlarged version of the HBG/BOZAK DLX. Those when available were 100% analog and sold for $2500.00 in the states. I just seen one of the few sell for near $3500.00 so they weren't to bad of an investment. They just did not have the channel EQs and were a 3 rack space unit.

Last edited by Captainjr : 04-07-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2016, 05:53 PM
DSA.audio's Avatar
DSA.audio DSA.audio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: hoodoo audio heaven
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi
Gear envy will prevent music accumulation as cash moves into hardware.

Very true...
__________________

.............................
Doolittle & Seymour Associates
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006 Wave Music


© Wave Entertainment Group, Inc.