Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 05:09 PM

E&S 400 problems

Hey all.. I've got serious issues w my E&S 400 mixer and looking to get some help.
I bought it new from E&S and it's had problems since day one. Sale and delivery went smooth.. but as soon as I let Jerome know I was having problems he pretty much stopped answering my emails? Looking now for someone who can work on these in the states so the shipping don't hurt so much? See a lot of talk about Mario G on here. Guessing he's the man? Anybody else?
A contact would be greatly appreciated.
My shit is totally fucked on all the line channels, cues cut in and out and wont monitor in stereo. Right now it's basically $3k paper weight.
Thanks, t
Old 03-18-2014, 10:01 PM

Any good technician should be able to repair it for you. It's just a mater of circuit tracing and knowing what you are doing. Problem is finding a good technician and not parts replacers who claim to be technicians. I am sure there are wave members who know of some good technicians that could help you out here in the USA. This community is very helpful when it comes to these type problems.

Last edited by Captainjr : 03-18-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:56 PM

That's not the Jerome i know, i have done repair work for Jerome's Australian customers and he has always taking the repair of units seriously.

What exactly is wrong with you unit, can you describe in detail what the issue is and what troubleshooting you have done.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Yea Jerome is on top of his shit all the time, maybe he is in the middle of several orders he is trying to get out the door, but i know from expereince, he is very good at communicating and addressing the issues. Mario G & David Meza are the only 2 i know that work on the E&S here in the states. Also, it wouldnt hurt to call Jerome on the phone..
Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 PM

From what I have read on many wave posts Jerome is supposed to be reliable. I would think if there is no physical damage and you haven't tried to repair it yourself that there should be some kind of warranty on the unit. How you would acquire the service might be a bit of a dilemma if nobody state side works with him to honor a warranty repair.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 AM

not so sure about Jerome. I emailed him about my problem (no sound from left master XLR). He did initially get back to me, but told me he'd email me again with name of tech in US, but never did. Also had less than stellar customer service in the past. nothing that is alarming but it would be fair to say that he needs some help in that department. just my 2 cents.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:16 AM

In addition, i think he should have someone here in US as an authorized service person! The fact that he cant even give out a name of someone is a little wierd.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM

I've recently returned my unit to Jerome to get something fixed. It does take a lot of emails to him to get a response back but he will reply back. I had left voice messages too which seemed to speed up his replies.

I've yet to hear back from him regarding my repair, but 1 step at a time I know he does have a lot of orders at the moment.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 PM

Quicker than I thought, Jerome responded back with all my requested mods.

Try and call him if you can, that would be the best way to see what your options are.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 PM

aquabooty, back to your original post. Have you got anything resolved with your mixer? Seems like a couple others have had success with theirs.