Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 03:33 PM

Bozak Urei modification

Hello!
This year I tested the Urei1620 LE and "new" Bozak model..I still use a MP2016 at home but I can finally understand your love for the original 70s/80s mixers. Some time ago there were some pictures for Urei/Bozak modifications in here. Does anybody know who build them or anybody else doing Bozak restauration and modifications? I need something with a "headphone mix" knob so I can also mix in silence. My neighbors always interrupt my daily session

Thanks and have a nice christmas holiday

Last edited by Zen5656 : 12-22-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:20 AM

If you are looking for original USA built BozaK mixer advice the person to get a hold of is Buzzy Beck. I have emailed him on several occasions and he will advise you on repairs or help with mods to the mixers for usually no charge. He actually does the cue/program mix modification for the headphone output that sounds like what you are looking for. Many people here on wave have dealt with him and find it nice to correspond with someone that passionate of what he did for over 50 years. If you are looking to do mods etc. on the newer imported Bozak mixer from analog developments you should contact the guy overseas from audio for the soul. I do not know what kind of luck you will have with that but it's worth a try. When it comes to Urei I understand that Mario repairs and does mods to a lot on them. Happy holidays to all.

Last edited by Captainjr : 12-25-2013 at 10:30 AM.