Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 AM

BOZAK identity help!

Looking at a BOZAK DLA that is suppose to be authentic on eBay and asking $3000.00 for it. It looks to be really nice but maybe to nice. I am wondering if it is an original DLA as stated or if it is a late F serial number that was modified. I was told by Mr Beck that F series DL mixers could have been modified by the factory or someone else with the extra inputs added but the real DLA mixer was not available until the release of the G serial numbers that incorporated the Alps pots and some other upgrades. The new release models with the Alps pots and upgrades starting with serial number G0001 were the DLA, DLS, DLB, and later the DLC mixers. Also many DL mixers from this production point up were released with the upgrades. Does anyone have an F serial number DLA with factory print, Alps pots, etc. Just trying to verify before I make an offer. Thanks!

Last edited by Captainjr : 10-04-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainjr
Looking at a BOZAK DLA that is suppose to be authentic on eBay and asking $3000.00 for it. It looks to be really nice but maybe to nice. I am wondering if it is an original DLA as stated or if it is a late F serial number that was modified. I was told by Mr Beck that F series DL mixers could have been modified by the factory or someone else with the extra inputs added but the real DLA mixer was not available until the release of the G serial numbers that incorporated the Alps pots and some other upgrades. The new release models with the Alps pots and upgrades starting with serial number G0001 were the DLA, DLS, DLB, and later the DLC mixers. Also many DL mixers from this production point up were released with the upgrades. Does anyone have an F serial number DLA with factory print, Alps pots, etc. Just trying to verify before I make an offer. Thanks!

not many aftermarket type of modifications get rivits.....

but I really have no idea....

the Mistick Krewe account is temp. disabled,

forgive the ressurection of DSA.audio please...

Last edited by DSA.audio : 10-04-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:35 PM

Mistick, good point but if you look real close the rivets are crushed a little different on the top RCA jacks then the bottom RCA jacks. I do not know why the print on the rear top RCA jacks is missing and the holes look drilled not punched when you enlarge the photo. The chassis is real clean but the BOZAK info on the top back right chassis corner is also missing. Before I offer I want to be sure I am getting the real deal. I noticed when you enlarge the front face photo that the AUX SELECT print is not proper looking.

Last edited by Captainjr : 10-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.