About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Thrive Audio

THRIVE : High-fidelity laboratory grade nightclub amplification and processing. Feel free to contact me for more information or to purchase any of the Thrive products.

http://www.fast-and-wide.com/faw-new...w-sound-system

http://www.thrivesound.com/Products.html
www.sonicsolutionsav.com

Last edited by atf104 : 12-17-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:25 AM

Thrive isolator at final inspection before being sold to a top global touring dj.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Danny Tenaglia using his Thrive isolator:

Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Price on the 3 band ISO? Still $1795?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:47 PM

I believe dat unit is discontinued. Shorty is no longer with Summit Audio to produce Thrive products. He's now teamed up with Wave distribution and now made the ISO-Q2 which I can't recall exact price but I believe it's about $1100/$1200??
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 PM

I thought I had heard that you could purchase Thrive products
through any Summit authorized dealer a while back....

I could be very wrong...
but the whois for the www.thrivesound.com website does point to a guy named Erik Papp....

who maybe is the same Erik Papp tied to Summit...
http://www.summitaudio.com/aboutus.html

Last edited by Mistick Krewe : 02-10-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:37 PM

Absolutely not true my friend. Thrive always was and always will be engineered and manufactured by Summit Audio and availability today is the same as in the past.

This includes: the high-end [Isolator] version pictured above, and the more minimal [Cutter] version.

Thrive processing and amplifiers are right now being sold to top dj's, nightclubs, studios and musicians around the world. I have Thrive products in nightclubs going on 5+ years of continuous use. I really can't speak more highly about the line. There are some fantastic competing products out there, but to my experience, Thrive processing and amplification is simply the best out there.

I am a Thrive dealer and would be more then happy to get anyone more information, pricing and availability. Just e-mail me at: adam@sonicsolutionsav.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulous
I believe dat unit is discontinued. Shorty is no longer with Summit Audio to produce Thrive products. He's now teamed up with Wave distribution and now made the ISO-Q2 which I can't recall exact price but I believe it's about $1100/$1200??

Last edited by atf104 : 02-10-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:24 PM

I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
Absolutely not true my friend. Thrive always was and always will be engineered and manufactured by Summit Audio and availability today is the same as in the past.

This includes: the high-end [Isolator] version pictured above, and the more minimal [Cutter] version.

Thrive processing and amplifiers are right now being sold to top dj's, nightclubs, studios and musicians around the world. I have Thrive products in nightclubs going on 5+ years of continuous use. I really can't speak more highly about the line. There are some fantastic competing products out there, but to my experience, Thrive processing and amplification is simply the best out there.

I am a Thrive dealer and would be more then happy to get anyone more information, pricing and availability. Just e-mail me at: adam@sonicsolutionsav.com

Blue Audio aquired summit?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 PM

#1 it's acquired, #2, Yes, April of last year, so not sure of the point in your comment. Summit is still Summit and Thrive is still designed, engineered and built by the same people.

By the way, this link might be helpful for you: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...pell%20checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
Blue Audio aquired summit?

Last edited by atf104 : 02-11-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 PM

kool

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
#1 it's acquired, #2, Yes, April of last year, so not sure of the point in your comment. Summit is still Summit and Thrive is still designed, engineered and built by the same people.

By the way, this link might be helpful for you: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...pell%20checker

Was posting from my cell phone quickly, which was the spelling error
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Thrive Status

I am Erik Papp. The former CEO of Summit Audio Inc. I am the founder, director and owner of Thrive. In 2011, the Summit Audio Brand was acquired by Blue Microphones. Thrive Equipment is available and currently built to order. The same individuals that have always designed and built Thrive Gear are involved in producing product. Thrive was in no related to the acquisition of the Summit Brand.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrive
I am Erik Papp. The former CEO of Summit Audio Inc. I am the founder, director and owner of Thrive. In 2011, the Summit Audio Brand was acquired by Blue Microphones. Thrive Equipment is available and currently built to order. The same individuals that have always designed and built Thrive Gear are involved in producing product. Thrive was in no related to the acquisition of the Summit Brand.

Thanks for setting the record straight Erik.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:36 AM

In the picture of the isolator at the top of this thread, the knobs are much larger than the picture on the Thrive website. Is it possible to purchase these larger knobs?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM

The photos on the site were a prototype or first run I believe. The knobs on the unit in this thread are what come with the Isolator now.

The photo below are from the last major install I did with the Thrive amplifiers.

Just a comment on them: We've had HVAC problems at this club. When its full, the club overheats, including the cooling area behind the racks. We've had some massive parties over the last year and it's just amazing how reliable and resilient the amps are. They never miss a beat. I have another install all Thrive powered that's coming up on 5 years old soon, with about 6 Thrive amps and a dozen Crown amps for aux zones, etc. I've gone through 2 or 3 of the Crowns, fans gone, misc problems. The Thrive stuff NEVER dies. Besides the amazing fidelity, it's a proven roadworthy product that I just can't speak highly enough about.

Last week at the club, Nicky Romero, close to 1000 people, club packed, and Nicky commented that it's one of the best sound systems he's ever heard.
Nicky's a young guy, part of the new generation of dj's and currently has like 4 tracks on the Beatport charts including the #1 with David Guetta.

Last edited by atf104 : 02-28-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 PM

'this sounds amazing'

redlining the mixer like crazy in the meantime (I can't see it, but I know it)

I always like seeing smaller companies that do custom work do so well! makes me keep hope for a better club sound quality standard someday
Old 08-27-2012, 07:32 PM

One of the greatest DJ's in the world at arguably one of the greatest clubs on Earth: Danny Tenaglia using the Thrive isolator for one his marathon sets at STEREO

Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM

What a great night/day that was at stereo ((())). Left at 5am, slept till 11, went back at noon and had a wonderful afternoon in church! More space to spread out and Danny toned it down a notch and let loose with some seriously good music.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 AM

Hey Adam,

The picture of Stereo's DJ booth should be included in the "Pictures" thread.

NICE!