About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
XFX Audio :: Pitch - Launching SOON!

Awesome that the board is back! Thanks Francois!

For me this is great time, I'm finally about to launch (within the next couple weeks): Pitch, a unique midi controller geared toward the audiophile and audio professional.

http://www.xfxaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/xfxaudio

Pitch is a perfect complement to your Kontrol X1 based Traktor setup for those difficult to sync tracks and acapellas. Or configure Pitch as a 2-channel MIDI internal mixer or effects controller. Serato Scratch users can use Pitch with similar functionality or use as an alternative to control discs and vinyl. Pitch can also be used with Ableton Live or in the studio with any class compliant MIDI controller software.

Last edited by atf104 : 06-23-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 AM

Looks like an interesting niche product, in that it's designed to do a few things very well, rather than being all things to all people.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 PM

Yes whaaat. The concept came to me as something made for me and the way I like to DJ. I love using Traktor, but sync can be finicky sometimes, and playing acapellas and certain tracks are difficult without a lot of prep time. So the box works great for me with an X1 + Traktor.

Then I thought Serato users might really like it as well, for the guys that don't really scratch and need turntables. You plug in the controller, not having to deal with control discs, and off you go.

It's built like a tank and intended for people that appreciate a quality build and feel. Oh, and the built-in USB hub was the icing on the cake for what I'd want in a MIDI controller. No more bringing an external hub.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 PM

Looks great! Couple of questions, is there a center detent on the faders? Will there be range markings on the production version?

My SoundCloud
Old 06-25-2012, 07:38 PM

Thanks! There is no center detent which also related to the range markings. Because the device can be used not only for pitch control, but any mappable function (channel fader, efx dry/wet, etc), it was felt that no detent should exist. I might have some actual markings to delineate reference, but no "1","2" or anything that would prevent the fader from being re-purposed to another function.

The promotional video for the product launch on kickstarter will be done this week and I'll post that here to give you better insite into how it works.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:45 AM

Smart. If there's something I've always missed on controllers I have tried it's a good pitchfader that works fully!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:21 AM

Nice :-)

An option for Center detent could be to change the fader background LEDs from Red to Green when the fader reach the "center" area. And have this mode activated/deactivated via a special button combination.

www.Bozure.com

On Facebook

Last edited by Pern : 06-27-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM

Thanks Pern

The fader color change is already on the table for the production model Pern.

I originally had another "brightness adjust" knob on the top (you can see the hole is still there). I've tried to keep controls minimal. Brightness will most likely be adjusted by multiple key presses instead. It would be possible to do the color change functionality in a similar manner. The code is quite simple actually.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 PM

This is dope and I think it could work great with Serato. It would be perfect for situations when the decks are not up to par. Also it would be great if you only had 2 decks and wanted to be able to control 4. It has everything I really need to control a song. Cue, Play, Pitch Bend assigned on the buttons. =)
Old 07-11-2012, 05:12 PM

I have to say I'm not a Serato guy (although I started with Serato before moving to Traktor), but I did extensive testing on both platforms (and Ableton) and I have to hand it to Serato for their ease of midi mapping. I shot promo video content with both Serato and Traktor and will have that up here soon. It works really well and I would personally rather use the XFX instead of the hassle of hooking control discs, etc..
Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 PM

Looks beautiful. rs
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 AM

Preliminary promotional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIG91NQcwio

Last edited by atf104 : 07-24-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:15 PM

This is the first controller I've seen that would convince me to leave 1200s at home for tiny gigs.

Far enough along to have estimated price & availability? Personally I'd pay up to $300 or so. (Just one person's opinion of what the market might bear.)

rs

Last edited by rs_ : 07-25-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:28 AM

I just submitted on kickstarter. Hoping to have live by Friday. Price is $350 for the first production run of 100 units. I'll post the link as soon as it's approved.

I mean, not to be a promo whore, but I can't DJ without it. For me it's the missing piece of the puzzle for using Traktor... Obviously it works the same on Serato, Ableton, etc. I've also used it in the field when I didn't have a dj mixer at parties as dj mixer. Just go line out from the interface (or worst case headphone out jack), set to mix internal and you map the faders to channel faders and voila, a DJ mixer with 100mm faders. Or map to the knobs for some rotary action :P