About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 AM

Coming Soon- SystemNY feat The SBS SLAMMER

THE SBS SLAMMER

THE SLAMMER IS A 100% CUSTOM BUILT 6 POINT HAND MADE HIFI ANALOG SOUND SYSTEM, THAT WILL FEAT ALL NEW STATE OF THE ART SBS CABINETS..

SyetemNY is being built the old school way of designing a space, from the dance floor out, so its being designed with sound 1st in mind, then a floating dance floor like a dance studio, then the overall design for the vibe of the room, so it shld be amazing when completed

Recent comments on SBS

DAVID MORALES Recent comments in Jan of 2011 on the SBS audiophile system, formally @ Stereo MTL

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...2440172&ref=nf

Dj David Morales - Man we would throw ppl around that room lol. She was tweaked every month. That's the difference. Me and Shorty worked that beast for points. I haven't heard anything like it ever again. Except the Garage.

Dj David Morales AMEN! A legacy was born and will always be remembered.

Dj David Morales My longest set was 27 hrs in there. LOL!! We had a blank check for that girl. She was the finest bitch in the world! LOL!!!

Here are a few pics of The SBS Slammer, i am not displaying all the cabinet pics, untill SystemNY opens, you can see progress of the space and alot of pics of the Slammer on my facebook page

www.facebook.com SBS Shorty
www.systemsbyshorty.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	167678_1416673357462_1851472355_733187_6073539_n.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2821  Click image for larger version

Name:	168114_1417774264984_1851472355_735879_696291_n.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	2822  Click image for larger version

Name:	180564_1417280052629_1851472355_734883_4640046_n.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	2823  Click image for larger version

Name:	180517_1417911268409_1851472355_736125_5390721_n.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	2824  Click image for larger version

Name:	180591_1417911068404_1851472355_736123_1921098_n.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	2825  

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 01-24-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 PM

where do i find the pics on your facebook....do i need to friend you first?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM

yes i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto65
where do i find the pics on your facebook....do i need to friend you first?

have to friend you to view
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM

Yesterday I had the pleasure

of having 2 music icons at System to check out the Slammer and SystemNy Jellybean Benitez & David Morales..

They came by to hear and play on the Slammer to break her in, these guys have a crazy schedule but wanted to check it out, so they came down for about 3 or 4 hours and just jammed out playing anything and everything,, the system left an amazing impression on the both of them, and they commented multiple times on there facebook and Twitter pages..

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 04-10-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Yesterday we had the

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
of having 2 music icons at System to check out the Slammer and SystemNy Jellybean Benitez & David Morales..

They came by to hear and play on the Slammer to break her in, these guys have a crazy schedule but wanted to check it out, so they came down for about 3 or 4 hours and just jammed out playing anything and everything,, the system left an amazing impression on the both of them, and they commented multiple times on there facebook and Twitter pages..

Pleasure of Having David Depino, Joey LLanos, Spinna and Jellybean at System to check out the Slammer, Joey had some nice things to say on his facebook page''

Joey Llanos
Just heard Shorty's "SYSYTEM" Tight, articulate, a room to be reckoned with in New York City. Congrats Shorty SBS by Nature!

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 04-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:17 PM

We Had Jellybean John Benitez last

Quote:
Pleasure of Having David Depino, Joey LLanos, Spinna and Jellybean at System to check out the Slammer, Joey had some nice things to say on his facebook page''

Joey Llanos
Just heard Shorty's "SYSYTEM" Tight, articulate, a room to be reckoned with in New York City. Congrats Shorty SBS by Nature!

night at system and it was an amazing party real dancers with REAL house music and classics, here is JB post on his facebook page..

John Benitez
There's no place like home, New York's global soul/soulful/deep house scene is alive & well.

I want to thank all the dancers, house heads & Ain't Nuthin But A House Party members that came out last night 2 System Danceclub for a evening of pure magic.

Sbs Shorty 's SBS SLAMMER, by far the best sound system in North America. Stay tuned: 4 my new weekly residen

Just wanted to share that with you
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 AM

Nice article on System

Quote:
night at system and it was an amazing party real dancers with REAL house music and classics, here is JB post on his facebook page..

John Benitez
There's no place like home, New York's global soul/soulful/deep house scene is alive & well.

I want to thank all the dancers, house heads & Ain't Nuthin But A House Party members that came out last night 2 System Danceclub for a evening of pure magic.

Sbs Shorty 's SBS SLAMMER, by far the best sound system in North America. Stay tuned: 4 my new weekly residen

Danceclub

http://site.urbanflrt.com/blog/2011/...tlet-to-dance/
Old 05-22-2011, 12:17 AM

Some Pics of

Quote:
THE SBS SLAMMER

THE SLAMMER IS A 100% CUSTOM BUILT 6 POINT HAND MADE HIFI ANALOG SOUND SYSTEM, THAT WILL FEAT ALL NEW STATE OF THE ART SBS CABINETS..

SyetemNY is being built the old school way of designing a space, from the dance floor out, so its being designed with sound 1st in mind, then a floating dance floor like a dance studio, then the overall design for the vibe of the room, so it shld be amazing when completed

Recent comments on SBS

DAVID MORALES Recent comments in Jan of 2011 on the SBS audiophile system, formally @ Stereo MTL

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...2440172&ref=nf

Dj David Morales - Man we would throw ppl around that room lol. She was tweaked every month. That's the difference. Me and Shorty worked that beast for points. I haven't heard anything like it ever again. Except the Garage.

Dj David Morales AMEN! A legacy was born and will always be remembered.

Dj David Morales My longest set was 27 hrs in there. LOL!! We had a blank check for that girl. She was the finest bitch in the world! LOL!!!

Here are a few pics of The SBS Slammer, i am not displaying all the cabinet pics, untill SystemNY opens, you can see progress of the space and alot of pics of the Slammer on my facebook page

www.facebook.com SBS Shorty
www.systemsbyshorty.com

SystemNY and the Slammer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2934  Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2935  Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	2936  Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	2937  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 AM

LAst night Jellybean had Jihad Muhammed

Quote:

John Benitez

Dj David Morales
Disco nap is done. Getting ready for my night out w a HOT babe.........her name is SYSTEM.

Had a great time @ SYSTEM. Thanks to all my friends and family that came out. The last hour is always the best! Shorty thank u for my new toy. You're def a cut above the rest. Your dedication is unmatched. Kudos.

Dj David Morales, Went by SYSTEM and played around w the SBS SLAMMER. Played some of my fav sounding records and all I can say is that Shorty did a great job. She's sooo smooth and warm. I look forward to working her w ppl in the room. Congratulations Shorty. Job well done.

David Compliments again on 7 Apr Twitter, DJDavidMorales David Morales,
Checked out the SBS SLAMMER @ SYSTEM yesterday. Wicked Analogue system. Shit ROCKS!

Joey Llanos
Just heard Shorty's "SYSTEM" Tight, articulate, a room to be reckoned with in New York City. Congrats Shorty SBS by Nature!

Queens Pride party Feat:
Tom Stephan - Super Chumbo

thanks to Michael Hades Yusef Xtravaganza Roze Black King Ralphy Sbs Shorty and everyone who came out to System last night!! what a great party- what a great SYSTEM!! I'm jealous! I want to take it back to London with me!!!

as his Guest DJ,

Jihad comments on the SBS Slammer (tm)

Shorty... U put your foot in that system....By far the best I've heard so far in a long time. Next up Bang The Drum this Saturday w/ Dean and the Boatride on the 25th. Hope y'all got your tickets.

Jihad Muhammadposted to Sbs Shorty
Dude .... Your the best. That system is a beast. It's the best I've heard hands down in a long time. Thank you for last night.

Just wanted to share more DJ feedback on the SBS Slammer (TM) 100% Analog sound system.

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 06-13-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Dj Kamala gives some Serious compliments on the SBS Slammer

Quote:
as his Guest DJ,

Shorty... U put your foot in that system....By far the best I've heard so far in a long time. Next up Bang The Drum this Saturday w/ Dean and the Boatride on the 25th. Hope y'all got your tickets.

Dude .... Your the best. That system is a beast. It's the best I've heard hands down in a long time. Thank you for last night.

Just wanted to share more DJ feedback on the SBS Slammer (TM) 100% Analog sound system.

Kamala Jefferson Most impressed by the sound yesterday.

Warm on all levels. Only other venue I've heard the music sound so great is at Mancuso's party. So that is definitely a compliment!

Thats an amazing Compliment knowing David uses Khorns,

When Jellybean played the FK Version of Prince Sexy dancer which is VERY (RARE) very hard to come by this was from an acetate recorded to cd, it sounded wicked, esp the boom kicks with the reverb they hit u like a truck you really felt these efx like you were supposed to, you felt and heard the air and space between every note.. the dynamics on this mix is Unreal

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 06-13-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 AM

Seems like the Slammer is

Quote:
Kamala Jefferson Most impressed by the sound yesterday.

Warm on all levels. Only other venue I've heard the music sound so great is at Mancuso's party. So that is definitely a compliment!

When Jellybean played the FK Version of Prince Sexy dancer which is VERY (RARE) very hard to come by this was from an acetate recorded to cd, it sounded wicked, esp the boom kicks with the reverb they hit u like a truck you really felt these efx like you were supposed to, you felt and heard the air and space between every note.. the dynamics on this mix is Unreal

is really making an impresion fast in less then 10 weeks since opening of SystemNY the SBS Slammer is Making people think about songs they would love to hear on the SBS Slammer(tm)

Taken from facebook from rob to the twisted records facebook page

Rob Warner
A favourite 'DJ tool' release from 1994. A wicked, percussive loop and catchy vocal. Dying to hear this on the Sbs Shorty 'slammer' sound system one day in the future.

Liquid City "Givin My All" (Higher Than All Mix)

Ron Trent KILLED it tonight on the Slammer with Jellybean at System

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 06-20-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 AM

Ray Pinky Valazquez veteran NYC dj from the 70s comments on the Slammer (tm) @ System

I was auditioning the Slammer today for Ray and here is what he posted on his Facebook Page ,

A FANTASTIC SYSTEM PUT TOGETHER BY YOU AT "SYSTEM" IN LONG ISLAND CITY. YOUR SOUND SYSTEMS ARE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS RIGHT NOW.I HAVE NOT HEARD A SYSTEM LIKE THAT SINCE RICHARD LONG WAS TEARING IT UP IN THE 70S.YOU ARE ALSO A SPECIALLY GIFTED PERSON

Ray has been playing all the major clubs from the 70s thru the 80s in NYC, MUCH respect to Ray for his amazing thoughts on the Slammer, its nice to know guys are thinking this highly of the SBS Slammer

[I]Past Compliments, from some of industry Greats:

Quote:

here is JB post on his facebook page..

John Benitez

Dj David Morales
Disco nap is done. Getting ready for my night out w a HOT babe.........her name is SYSTEM.

Had a great time @ SYSTEM. Thanks to all my friends and family that came out. The last hour is always the best! Shorty thank u for my new toy. You're def a cut above the rest. Your dedication is unmatched. Kudos.

Dj David Morales, Went by SYSTEM and played around w the SBS SLAMMER. Played some of my fav sounding records and all I can say is that Shorty did a great job. She's sooo smooth and warm. I look forward to working her w ppl in the room. Congratulations Shorty. Job well done.

Checked out the SBS SLAMMER @ SYSTEM yesterday. Wicked Analogue system. Shit ROCKS!

Joey Llanos
Just heard Shorty's "SYSTEM" Tight, articulate, a room to be reckoned with in New York City. Congrats Shorty SBS by Nature!

Queens Pride party Feat:

thanks to Michael Hades Yusef Xtravaganza Roze Black King Ralphy Sbs Shorty and everyone who came out to System last night!! what a great party- what a great SYSTEM!! I'm jealous! I want to take it back to London with me!!!

Kamala Jefferson Most impressed by the sound at Jellybeans party with Jihad.

Just wanted to share more compliments with you.[/i]

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 06-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:49 AM

Video footage demoing the Slammer Live @ System

Quote:
I was auditioned the Slammer today for Ray and here is what he posted on his Facebook Page ,

A FANTASTIC SYSTEM PUT TOGETHER BY YOU AT "SYSTEM" IN LONG ISLAND CITY. YOUR SOUND SYSTEMS ARE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS RIGHT NOW.I HAVE NOT HEARD A SYSTEM LIKE THAT SINCE RICHARD LONG WAS TEARING IT UP IN THE 70S.YOU ARE ALSO A SPECIALLY GIFTED PERSON

Ray has been playing all the major clubs from the 70s thru the 80s in NYC, MUCH respect to Ray for his amazing thoughts on the Slammer, its nice to know guys are thinking this highly of the SBS Slammer

Past Compliments, from some of industry Greats:

Quote:

John Benitez

Dj David Morales

Joey Llanos

Queens Pride party Feat:

Live on the Ms Gabbie Show

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15629696

enjoy

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 06-26-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Recent interview by Joonbug.com on The SBS Slammer

http://joonbug.com/newyork/frequency...ty/yfK4j2pMc3J

http://joonbug.com/tag/system+dance+club

Joonbug contacted me to find out what NYC is raving about, with The SBS Slammer (tm)

Enjoy
Old 08-20-2011, 03:13 AM

Steve Travolta comments on the Slammer on my Facebook page

Quote:
I was auditioning the Slammer today for Ray and here is what he posted on his Facebook Page ,

Quote:

John Benitez

Dj David Morales

Joey Llanos

Queens Pride party Feat:

Just had an incredible listening session on the Slammer @ system with NY legendary DJ Steve Travolta

We played some incredible music, Clasical, Jazz, new house, classics, then Factory classics, was given some amazing compliments by Steve on the Slammer, 3 hrs went by like 20 min, we could have stayed and listened for another 6 hours, no need to mix, the music alone carried us with no problems.

Steve Travolta

I have worked in every major club as a DJ and more importantly installing decor. I have spent hours upon hours listening to the pros and legends in the business tune system. Usually my ears become fatigued after an hour or two. As powerful as the Slammer is, it is also soft and gentle and never wears your ear drums out. Bravo Shorty!

THANK YOU for playing the SBS SLAMMER for me this evening. It is hands down the best sound I have EVER heard. The SLAMMER truly is a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Once you have heard ANY piece of music translated by it you will never recover from the experience.

Steve Travolta

If we had just a few Systems like that in NYC it would change the face of Dance music as we know it. He played the system for me I danced for 3 hours in the middle of it. Multiple musical goose bump orgasms. ;o)

Steve Travolta

Better than the Factory.

Steve Travolta

Yeah, technology has obviously changed the game, I didn't step foot in the garage but it's like comparing apples and oranges. Larry would have loved the SBS system. He was an engineer and had a precise Idea of what and more importantly how he wanted the dance floor to hear things.

Steve Travolta

After shorty played an incredible range of of music I slipped that memory stick into the CDJ 2000 and that's when things took a turn into one of those magical moments. It was such a pleasure to be that room with shorty selecting the tunes. It was truly and inspirational day thanks to Shorty and the SBS Slammer.

I was supposed to go out for drinks last evening and I had to stay in because that system took me to that place and i knew it would be difficult to hang at at another club last night.

For those that are friends on facebook with me here is the comments in full

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sbs-s...t=note_comment

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 08-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 PM

more compliments

Quote:
Just had an incredible listening session on the Slammer @ system with NY legendary DJ Steve Travolta

We played some incredible music, Clasical, Jazz, new house, classics, then Factory classics, was given some amazing compliments by Steve on the Slammer, 3 hrs went by like 20 min, we could have stayed and listened for another 6 hours, no need to mix, the music alone carried us with no problems.

Steve Travolta

I have worked in every major club as a DJ and more importantly installing decor. I have spent hours upon hours listening to the pros and legends in the business tune system. Usually my ears become fatigued after an hour or two. As powerful as the Slammer is, it is also soft and gentle and never wears your ear drums out. Bravo Shorty!

THANK YOU for playing the SBS SLAMMER for me this evening. It is hands down the best sound I have EVER heard. The SLAMMER truly is a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Once you have heard ANY piece of music translated by it you will never recover from the experience.

Steve Travolta

If we had just a few Systems like that in NYC it would change the face of Dance music as we know it. He played the system for me I danced for 3 hours in the middle of it. Multiple musical goose bump orgasms. ;o)

Steve Travolta

Better than the Factory.

Steve Travolta

Yeah, technology has obviously changed the game, I didn't step foot in the garage but it's like comparing apples and oranges. Larry would have loved the SBS system. He was an engineer and had a precise Idea of what and more importantly how he wanted the dance floor to hear things.

Steve Travolta

After shorty played an incredible range of of music I slipped that memory stick into the CDJ 2000 and that's when things took a turn into one of those magical moments. It was such a pleasure to be that room with shorty selecting the tunes. It was truly and inspirational day thanks to Shorty and the SBS Slammer.

I was supposed to go out for drinks last evening and I had to stay in because that system took me to that place and i knew it would be difficult to hang at at another club last night.

For those that are friends on facebook with me here is the comments in full

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sbs-s...t=note_comment

By Steve Travolta

Steve Travolta, I have always appreciated your work but the new stuff is in a league of it's own. It was hard for me to imagine a Sound that I liked better than then the 27th Factory and you have absolutely done something above and beyond that system.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Ed Campbell gets SLAMMED

Quote:

Quote:

John Benitez

Dj David Morales

Joey Llanos

Queens Pride party Feat:

I had Ed & Manny Queen over to System yesterday, Ed comments on my facebook page

Edward Campbell

MY chest is still vibrating from that BASS. Woke up my body still feels the after shock. Fine Work by the man himself. SBS ISO is killer. SWeettttttt

Ed Campbells Facebook page post today,

Edward Campbell

THAT SLAMMER SLAMMED. THE ISO-Q2 is a piece of work . Sweet sounding. The SHORTED sessions are becoming legendary. Good seeing Manny come through as well.

Edward Campbell

I just realzied I believe we played from

http://wavemusic.com/community/showthread.php?t=12383

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 11-20-2011 at 02:32 PM.