About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Void Incubus.

And now for something a little different, a little new, a little revolutionary.

This project has been in the design and prototype process for over a year and is now ready to launch at Frankfurt this year.

4 horn loaded 12" mids, 4 very unique 3" compression driver/paper cone hybrid mids, and 6 premium HF 1" comps on a constant curvature line source.

This sits on top of 2 new Quad 15" kick section, and that rides above 2 of our new Incubus Sub 6000w triple 21". This is the pic I can share now, more to come. This stack will be sold only as a stack and stands roughly 18ft tall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	incubus photo.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	3077  

F
Freelance FOH/Monitor/System Tech/Stage Manager/
Stagehand Lead/Production Coordinator/Sound Enthusiast/Speaker Design

www.facebook.com/nathanshort
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Looks really interesting.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM

how big an outfit is VOID?

they seem to be HUGE in the EU,
judging from speakerplanz user postings....
Old 02-28-2012, 02:15 PM

The key is that its not a "big" outfit. We have a great designer at the helm who believes in the aesthetics and beauty of a design as well as uncompromisable sound. I have access to discuss design mods and upgrades with him based on real world situations, and being from the USA our market trends and needs vs Europe, Ibiza, Russia, Dubai, and UK where Void is very popular. I have always been a very big fan of British Sound Martin Audio, Flashlight Floodlight Turbo, and Now Void. I believe that no one designs a high output sub like Rog does, not since the days of David Martin. And it allows us to bring a unique look and flavor to market that no one else is doing. Lets face it, there is no one perfect solution for every club, and the nightclub and entertainment scene is actually benefited by F1, Gary, Infinite/Lord,Fulcrum, Shorty, Bassmaxx, and all these companies pushing the boundaries of acceptable (puke) out of the box Avalon and calling it an install.

I LOVE seeing everyones big installs, because it means people are spending MONEY on BIG Crazy Systems again. There is room for all to play, and keep doing big and crazy things and trying to be the best. It makes everyone sharper and better in the long run.

Rant? Maybe. But I just want everyone here to know how much I love and respect the hard work everyone does from L.A., to Vegas, Miami, and NYC to around the world, just to make the bass thump and people smile.

F

Old 02-28-2012, 03:03 PM

so large enough to have the wherewithal to provide stunning products
through R&D/empirical testing -- but still small enough to respond to user needs....

seems to be an ideal arrangement!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM

Will this system

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanShort
The key is that its not a "big" outfit. We have a great designer at the helm who believes in the aesthetics and beauty of a design as well as uncompromisable sound. I have access to discuss design mods and upgrades with him based on real world situations, and being from the USA our market trends and needs vs Europe, Ibiza, Russia, Dubai, and UK where Void is very popular. I have always been a very big fan of British Sound Martin Audio, Flashlight Floodlight Turbo, and Now Void. I believe that no one designs a high output sub like Rog does, not since the days of David Martin. And it allows us to bring a unique look and flavor to market that no one else is doing. Lets face it, there is no one perfect solution for every club, and the nightclub and entertainment scene is actually benefited by F1, Gary, Infinite/Lord,Fulcrum, Shorty, Bassmaxx, and all these companies pushing the boundaries of acceptable (puke) out of the box Avalon and calling it an install.

I LOVE seeing everyones big installs, because it means people are spending MONEY on BIG Crazy Systems again. There is room for all to play, and keep doing big and crazy things and trying to be the best. It makes everyone sharper and better in the long run.

Rant? Maybe. But I just want everyone here to know how much I love and respect the hard work everyone does from L.A., to Vegas, Miami, and NYC to around the world, just to make the bass thump and people smile.

Be at WMC 2012? Wld love to hear it..
Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM

I will be making a post soon when we have full details of the parties and schedules we will have Void and what products on. This Incubus system will debut in Frankfurt Germany just after WMC and soon after be making its way to the USA.

F

Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 AM

Nathan will you be in Frankfurt?

Another Pic:
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 AM

those Quad 15" kick look a lot like the Paraflex subs!

I would really like to hear this system, But that's not going to happen any sooner or later....

Where is this marketed? below or above the Airmotion system?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 AM

those subs may look like paraflex, but instead of a piston, they have 4x15" woofers. Much different and a huge rise in SPL.

PS. this pic is not a good indication of the final product. This was released by an ad agency in the UK prematurely. Unfortunately. The cabs will be black, and the preferred option of black mids and horn assembly will be standard. Was waiting on that photo, but it was leaked too soon.

F

Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 AM

And, no, sorry I will not be in Frankfurt, Rog and Alex the owners will be, I will be busy in Miami for WMC and Ultra. I wish the dates did not overlap!

F

Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM

looks really

Interesting and prob sounds amazing, when will it be here stateside
Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanShort
those subs may look like paraflex, but instead of a piston, they have 4x15" woofers. Much different and a huge rise in SPL.

4 15"? holy moly now I'm getting an idea of the scale, that's humongous! those cabinets look tiny...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM

That mid-high looks incredible.

void may be talked about havily on speakerplans, but the users of that forum are overwhelmingly located in the uk.

in berlin, there is just one void system, as far as I know. Loftus Hall, which is run by a few irish guys, has a small 4 point and mono sub system. The result does not sound that good. I have been there regarding quality issues, but tons of crap in the room vibrate, the speaker aiming is poor, and hte acoustics need to be worked on. The speakers seemed ok to me. The particular speakers are of one their lower lines. Loftus is basically a bar, not a big club.

I am actually more curious about smaller versions of the incubus system. That stack looks devastating, but only fits on the biggest of big dancefloors. However, a mid-high of half that size could easily fit more typical "large" dancefloors, all depending on coverage angle, of course.

there is a possibility I'll be at the musikmesse this year (hopefully as a buyer and not technician!). if so, I'll definitely take a demo, and also say hi to shorty.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 PM

This system has already been sold to a new club here in good ol' NYC!!!!!! We will be installing it toward the end of 2012. VOID!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Met Rog and heard the system.

Wow.

holy shit.

dont know the pricing, but we'll be seeing a lot of these in big room clubs, and deservedly so. crystal clean, no hf shreddiness, smooth transition out of hf horn coverage, solid chest rattle 15m away, and the dsp outputs were only running at -6.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
The word from WMC is if there was a "product" talked about it was the Incubus. Nice work Nathan.