About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
I am not a Thrive dealer, but if you call Eric @ Summit Audio I'm sure he will be glad to help you out. All of their amps are readily available, prices are reasonable and technical specifications are available.

Possibly you can direct me to wards a website for the only Summit Audio I know is this one and, they are known for audio processing not amplifiers. I cannot seem to locate any amplifiers on their site either. So, possibly you are referring to another Summit Audio?

Quote:
So let me ask you a question, if tomorrow Richard Long came back to life and created a new product, would you ask him to validate his products with in-depth specifications or trust his background and knowledge to create a great product?

I would request a specification sheet to see if his product meets up to my requirements. Surely if Behringer which copies products can draw up a specification sheet, there should be no reason for Richard Long (if he were alive) not to since it is supposed to be a proprietary design.

Quote:
You guys are trying to question a company that only makes some of the finest equipment in the world.

I guess that is where you and I differ. If a manufacture is proud of his or her product they will happily offer the specifications for all to see. I could understand if it were schematics for fear of copyright infringement. However if I feel like evaluating my 1955 Valve amplifier instruction manual, I can just look in on of my binders and refresh my memory on its capabilities. I don’t see why it would be an issue for a small manufacture find such a request insulting.

Quote:
I'm not saying Studio R is a bad amp but why would I want to order an amp from some foreign country by a brand I know only through 3rd person word of mouth when I can order an American made product built by one of the most reputable brands in the biz? That's just me.. what can I say.

I would imagine many might feel the same. A sense of patriotism is a very noble jester. As for Elliot, well, I was born in England. I could care less where a product is made. My main concern is the amplifier meeting up to my requirements. Possibly, if I lived in England I would aim for FFA or MC2 since they are made in the England. However, seeing that I live in the States, I am willing to use any product providing it meets up to my requirements.

Quote:
Regarding the MA5000 or 3600 for that matter. I can comfortably say the top two amps from Thrive will have no problem keeping up with your MT's or QSC's.

If Thrive amplifiers can only keep up, then they won’t meet my requirements. I will explain why.

I’ve used Crown MA 5000vz amplifiers since 1996 so, an upgrade is long over do. The Studio R X12 claims to deliver 11,000 watts, which upon reading the specification sheet have the current to achieve it.

220 volts @ 68 amperes equates to 14,960 watts. This is just one of the reasons why I like having specification sheets of products.

For the sake of headroom based on my requirements (4 ohms per channel), I will be –0.6 dB away from +3 dB. Switching amplifiers that match what I am currently using in terms of output power is IMHO a waste of money and will not offer any headroom in terms of amplifier power. So, it really boils down to Studio R, Lab Gruppen or Powersoft K 10.

However, I am willing to evaluate the specs on these Thrive amplifiers for you may not be familiar with the type of specifications I am evaluating. If you can offer a website of where I can evaluate these amplifiers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Elliot Thompson : 04-01-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbellsound
Well, I will say this:

Late last summer, David Lee and I did a little sub demo for a client in Brooklyn. All testing
was done on a PL9.0. When we moved to the SP218 DUB-ILL, we switched to a Lab Grupin
13000. While it did go a bit louder than the 9.0, it sounded pretty bad at speed. No control, sloppy, etc.

The SP218 is a pretty high powered box. Dave has tested it with a PL6.0 bridged all out into one cabinet
without any issues. It has the Faital XL18 drivers in it.

I stuffed a pair of them into my truck in Miami so I have some for demo use here in NYC.

I remember that date Paul. I am still beating myself for missing that event.

By "Sloppy" I would imagine the Lab Guppen sounds similiar to Crown based on having an idea the type of bass you prefer.

Where does the Studio R stand amongst the two (Crown & QSC)?

Best Regards,
Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 PM

By sloppy, I mean the Lab amp sounded kinda bad-not what you’d want on subs. The sub shootout we did at Club Blis all those years ago showed the Crown 5000 to sound great (Elliot you were there). This is not the sound I’d describe the Lab13000 when we pushed it. Very yucky.

I know there is (or was) a website for Thrive Audio but I can’t find it just now. It did not have specs but did have a lot of flash website stuff. I’m sure somebody will jump in with a link, perhaps the site is upgraded with numbers and useful information by now.

There’s been a sub amp shootout going on in Pensacola Florida. I had a QSC PL9.0 on hand for it. They also reviewed amps from FFA, Mc2 and Powersoft.

The amps were pushed very hard with very low frequency music into 2 Ohms per channel. My PL9.0 simply could not follow this as I’m sure the loads dipped below 2 Ohms. From what I’m reading, the Mc2, Studio R and FFA amps did very well. FWIW, these amps are powered at 208 volts. Of all of them, the Studio R unit is the only one that never complained even when over driven. My PL9.0 is older technology and I figured the newer stuff would walk away from it. It being powered at 110 Volts limited to 30 Amps certainly came into play.

These tests were done at extreme levels with many thousands of watts going to the speakers. The levels were pretty violent.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare Thrive amps to any of these. These amps are designed for very high power levels. Case in point, the FFA has dual 30 amp plugs at 208 volts. Thrive is geared more towards boutique installs, not concert touring rigs.

Last edited by pbellsound : 04-01-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Neither QSC or Crown currently have amps that would compare to FFA, Studio R or Mc2 amps.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Hey guys, I actually had thrive on my party at WMC.

I have done extensive testing on our Thrive Nyla's and Ionas.

I would say that the Thrive Nyla will outperform a QSC PL340 all day any day of the week. I would say that it will outperform a Lab 6400.

It will do this with massive current delivery, and a fidelity that is second to none.

I would not tour with these amps, as they are designed to deliver very fast , massive current, long term, and ultimate fidelity. They have a very special linear class A powersupply and special op amp stage on the input that is seperated from the polution of a shared power on the output stage.

It is a simple matter of picking the right tool for the job, and meeting your and your clients budget while delivering your best representation of product.

We chose to shock mount and use Thrive on our mids and highs. PL380's on our subs. This is the best sound for us.

I have also heard wonderful things about Studio R, and they are built for some serious abuse.

Maybe eric will build me an ugly reinforced battleship with Thrive guts.... Off to the phones!!! Maybe, I like the pretty led's!!!

F
Freelance FOH/Monitor/System Tech/Stage Manager/
Stagehand Lead/Production Coordinator/Sound Enthusiast/Speaker Design

www.facebook.com/nathanshort
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 PM

Nathan,

Is Xilica making the processor for Void? Looks alot like the the XP 3060 I got, which I like alot.

AL
Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Yes, the xillica is a top piece and holds up well in their higher end units.

F

Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 AM

Got peoples?

Last edited by pbellsound : 04-02-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
By sloppy, I mean the Lab amp sounded kinda bad-not what you’d want on subs. The sub shootout we did at Club Blis all those years ago showed the Crown 5000 to sound great (Elliot you were there). This is not the sound I’d describe the Lab13000 when we pushed it. Very yucky.

Thanks Paul. That will save me the time of trying to interpret Lab Gruppen’s specs beyond their Peak/Burst ratings.

Quote:
I know there is (or was) a website for Thrive Audio but I can’t find it just now. It did not have specs but did have a lot of flash website stuff. I’m sure somebody will jump in with a link, perhaps the site is upgraded with numbers and useful information by now.

There’s been a sub amp shootout going on in Pensacola Florida. I had a QSC PL9.0 on hand for it. They also reviewed amps from FFA, Mc2 and Powersoft.

The amps were pushed very hard with very low frequency music into 2 Ohms per channel. My PL9.0 simply could not follow this as I’m sure the loads dipped below 2 Ohms. From what I’m reading, the Mc2, Studio R and FFA amps did very well. FWIW, these amps are powered at 208 volts. Of all of them, the Studio R unit is the only one that never complained even when over driven. My PL9.0 is older technology and I figured the newer stuff would walk away from it. It being powered at 110 Volts limited to 30 Amps certainly came into play.

I noticed someone mentioning this. It appears their wasn’t enough current available for the PL 9.0 why it would constantly shut down during the test. Possibly there is a low voltage protection mechanism built in the amplifier, like the Crown 5000vz.

With almost all the amplifiers offering Class D topology and current limiting, it would be difficult for QSC 9.0 to keep sitting 30 amperes, 120 volts. This might have been different if the 9.0 were on a 50-amp breaker.

Quote:
These tests were done at extreme levels with many thousands of watts going to the speakers. The levels were pretty violent.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare Thrive amps to any of these. These amps are designed for very high power levels. Case in point, the FFA has dual 30 amp plugs at 208 volts. Thrive is geared more towards boutique installs, not concert touring rigs.

Observing Nathan’s comments on the Thrive, and stating he uses it midrange oppose bass doesn’t come across as this amplifier offers a lot of power.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Elliot Thompson : 04-02-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanShort
Hey guys, I actually had thrive on my party at WMC.

I have done extensive testing on our Thrive Nyla's and Ionas.

I would say that the Thrive Nyla will outperform a QSC PL340 all day any day of the week. I would say that it will outperform a Lab 6400.

It will do this with massive current delivery, and a fidelity that is second to none.

I would not tour with these amps, as they are designed to deliver very fast , massive current, long term, and ultimate fidelity. They have a very special linear class A powersupply and special op amp stage on the input that is seperated from the polution of a shared power on the output stage.

Thanks Nathan.

Class A plus comparing it to Lab Gruppen 6400 & QSC PL 340 will not suit my requirements.

Best Regards,
Old 04-02-2010, 07:16 PM

HEY Paul, WOW that's some crowd!

Off the hook,
Old 04-02-2010, 11:03 PM

Yhup, there was a lot of people. We had a crowd hook in use but it broke... We
had golf carts on a dedicated, outside path to get to and fro. I met Nathan briefly
on one of these paths in our travels. Otherwise, there was just no way to get around.

Elliot, I donít think a 50 amp breaker wouldíve helped the 9.0. It never blew the
breaker feeding it. This amp, as well as many others, was designed to not trip a 30
amp service and was internally working towards this. Hence itís shut down when
they tried to make the jump to Ludicrous Speed.

Last edited by pbellsound : 04-02-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 AM

I will also say that The iona's I have at Level here in chicago for the past few years have had zero failures and zero individual faults.

I also use them on WS218x by Martin audio and heard a low end quality second to none, the only thing that got a wee bit louder on them over the PL380 was the Crest CA18. The Iona did make them sound like they went an extra 10Hz lower.

We also have used the Maya by Thrive , this amp definately gives the PL380 a run for its money. But the 380 is smaller and more cost effective for us right now. There are also a few items like a custom Maya HV version Shorty uses and a few things in the works for ridiculous sub bass applications.

Just keep in mind people, these are boutique install amps. Their sound only needs to be heard once. For touring, you want a tank that is bulletproof and abuse-able. Different worlds.

Don't worry though, my new OEM line is working on a PL380 killer, it will take a single 30, 2x20, or a 220v input. very flexible. It will actually do 4000w a channel, no flim flam burst ratings. Pure sine wave rated destruction.

F

Old 04-03-2010, 01:44 AM

I also have to say that Paul's side stage had the most musical bass at the show, his modded bassmaxx z's were very very musical.

oh and to clear it up, the Nyla and Iona are Class a/b mosfet hybrids. The seperate linear class a supply is only for the input stage and is literally half the
magic of the amp. Its like having a summit preamp and no garbage from the charged rails.

F

Last edited by NathanShort : 04-03-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanShort
I will also say that The iona's I have at Level here in chicago for the past few years have had zero failures and zero individual faults.

I also use them on WS218x by Martin audio and heard a low end quality second to none, the only thing that got a wee bit louder on them over the PL380 was the Crest CA18. The Iona did make them sound like they went an extra 10Hz lower.

We also have used the Maya by Thrive , this amp definately gives the PL380 a run for its money. But the 380 is smaller and more cost effective for us right now. There are also a few items like a custom Maya HV version Shorty uses and a few things in the works for ridiculous sub bass applications.

Just keep in mind people, these are boutique install amps. Their sound only needs to be heard once. For touring, you want a tank that is bulletproof and abuse-able. Different worlds.

Don't worry though, my new OEM line is working on a PL380 killer, it will take a single 30, 2x20, or a 220v input. very flexible. It will actually do 4000w a channel, no flim flam burst ratings. Pure sine wave rated destruction.

Hi Nathan.

If I were looking for a boutique amplifier, I would design it myself using Mullard valves and Peerless transformers. The sound of valves and brass instruments is what made me fall in love with music at a very young age.

I find it more challenging (in a good way) to achieve a Hi Fidelity sound using amplifiers and loudspeakers aimed for the sound reinforcement industry. A club install can rely on walls and ceilings to achieve more dB. However, outdoors where there are no boundaries other than the ground the subs are resting on, power is essential.

If your “PL 380 killer” will offer 4000 watts per channel under sinusoidal wave conditions, it would be best if you offered the option for your customers to select the voltage type instead of having it fixed to one setting. Personally, that was the smartest thing Crown did when they designed the MA 5000vz for it will draw a total of 80 amperes at 50% duty cycle, under a 2 ohms per channel load, getting a sinusoidal wave on 120 volts.

Keep in mind, 1/8th of a power is the standard today (it is no longer 1/3rd of a power) with the biggest amplifiers made by QSC, & Crown getting pink noise. If you examine the PL 380 and, I Tech 8000 current ratings at 1/3rd of a power getting pink noise under a 2-ohm per channel load, both amplifiers begin current limiting. If the United States offered 220 – 240 volts, I doubt burst ratings would be listed on the PL 380.

Best Regards,
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Elliot, I don’t think a 50 amp breaker would’ve helped the 9.0. It never blew the
breaker feeding it. This amp, as well as many others, was designed to not trip a 30
amp service and was internally working towards this. Hence it’s shut down when
they tried to make the jump to Ludicrous Speed.

Thanks Paul.

Best Regards,
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM

BTW folks, the crowd photo above is only showing stage right. Center stage is to the left of the face on the screen.

This is why everybody is looking left.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Elliot-

It's clear you have a biased opinion because of Thrive's association (namely with Shorty). It's a shame that you use personal opinion to source components as your customers in the end are the ones who suffer not having the best product available.

I am very familiar with Crown and QSC and the amps in particular you mention. Quite frankly the amps you mention are not even in the same league. I have over 2 1/2 years now of on-site 5 day a week brutal real world testing now of the Thrive range where they have outperformed beyond any of my expectations. I also have two new venues in Philadelphia opening this Fall featuring all Thrive where you're more then happy to come and demo the amplifiers for yourself.

Nathan is just another example of someone in the know using Thrive. Is it the perfect amplifier? No, as Nathan said it's not a touring amp as they are heavy and built like bricks, but I don't do touring sound, just installation, so in touring applications, yes perhaps a Crown I-Tech or QSC PL amp is the more appropriate choice. However, for sharp transients, incredible high-fidelity imaging and sonic performance, there simply is no other amplifier for installed sound on the market today that compares. And yes it's THE Summit Audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Thompson
Thanks for your reply.

Possibly you can direct me to wards a website for the only Summit Audio I know is this one and, they are known for audio processing not amplifiers. I cannot seem to locate any amplifiers on their site either. So, possibly you are referring to another Summit Audio?

I would request a specification sheet to see if his product meets up to my requirements. Surely if Behringer which copies products can draw up a specification sheet, there should be no reason for Richard Long (if he were alive) not to since it is supposed to be a proprietary design.

I guess that is where you and I differ. If a manufacture is proud of his or her product they will happily offer the specifications for all to see. I could understand if it were schematics for fear of copyright infringement. However if I feel like evaluating my 1955 Valve amplifier instruction manual, I can just look in on of my binders and refresh my memory on its capabilities. I donít see why it would be an issue for a small manufacture find such a request insulting.

I would imagine many might feel the same. A sense of patriotism is a very noble jester. As for Elliot, well, I was born in England. I could care less where a product is made. My main concern is the amplifier meeting up to my requirements. Possibly, if I lived in England I would aim for FFA or MC2 since they are made in the England. However, seeing that I live in the States, I am willing to use any product providing it meets up to my requirements.

If Thrive amplifiers can only keep up, then they wonít meet my requirements. I will explain why.

Iíve used Crown MA 5000vz amplifiers since 1996 so, an upgrade is long over do. The Studio R X12 claims to deliver 11,000 watts, which upon reading the specification sheet have the current to achieve it.

220 volts @ 68 amperes equates to 14,960 watts. This is just one of the reasons why I like having specification sheets of products.

For the sake of headroom based on my requirements (4 ohms per channel), I will be Ė0.6 dB away from +3 dB. Switching amplifiers that match what I am currently using in terms of output power is IMHO a waste of money and will not offer any headroom in terms of amplifier power. So, it really boils down to Studio R, Lab Gruppen or Powersoft K 10.

However, I am willing to evaluate the specs on these Thrive amplifiers for you may not be familiar with the type of specifications I am evaluating. If you can offer a website of where I can evaluate these amplifiers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
Elliot-

It's clear you have a biased opinion because of Thrive's association (namely with Shorty). It's a shame that you use personal opinion to source components as your customers in the end are the ones who suffer not having the best product available.

How can I "have a biased opinion because of Thrive's association (namely with Shorty)" when I have never met Shorty? For the record, the only person I've met from Wave Music is Paul Bell. Based on attending two of his Subwoofer Shootouts I have a good idea what Paul likes and dislikes in terms of sound in regards to bass. So his opinion would hold more weight than a person I have never met when tonal characteristics is topic off hand.

The best is based on your opinion. We have never formally met. Why should I take your word over some one I've chatted to face to face when there is such a reluctance in posting something as simplistic as the wattage figures 8 & 4 ohm loads stereo mode on the Thrive amplifiers?

Quote:
I am very familiar with Crown and QSC and the amps in particular you mention. Quite frankly the amps you mention are not even in the same league. I have over 2 1/2 years now of on-site 5 day a week brutal real world testing now of the Thrive range where they have outperformed beyond any of my expectations. I also have two new venues in Philadelphia opening this Fall featuring all Thrive where you're more then happy to come and demo the amplifiers for yourself.

Thanks for the invitation. I do not do installs. My amp racks are moved about in trucks or vans at all times.

Quote:
Nathan is just another example of someone in the know using Thrive. Is it the perfect amplifier? No, as Nathan said it's not a touring amp as they are heavy and built like bricks, but I don't do touring sound, just installation, so in touring applications, yes perhaps a Crown I-Tech or QSC PL amp is the more appropriate choice. However, for sharp transients, incredible high-fidelity imaging and sonic performance, there simply is no other amplifier for installed sound on the market today that compares. And yes it's THE Summit Audio.

I am happy hear you are content with Thrive Amplifiers. However the best sounding amplifier in the world will be useless if it is not powerful enough for the job.

Surely, I should not need to contact a company, listen to a marketing pitch from a salesman trying sell a product just to get the wattage figures under 8 & 4-ohm load stereo mode?

So I am asking you, as a proud Thrive user. What is the continuous average power rating under 8 & 4-ohm load stereo mode @ 20-20,000 kHz or 1 kHz in which you appear to be claiming is more powerful than the Crown 5000vz?

Those ratings are supposed to be listed in your user’s manual.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Elliot Thompson : 04-12-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 PM

Well you got my Elliott, I only do installed sound at nightclubs, corporate, etc, not mobile jobs.

And as I said, you're free to contact Eric @ Summit Audio if you're truly interested in the product, but as I stated, I highly doubt you are truly interested in the product, just grandstanding.

http://www.summitaudio.com/support.html

Quote:
How can I "have a biased opinion because of Thrive's association (namely with Shorty)" when I have never met Shorty? For the record, the only person I've met from Wave Music is Paul Bell. Based on attending two of his Subwoofer Shootouts I have a good idea what Paul likes and dislikes in terms of sound in regards to bass. So his opinion would hold more weight than a person I have never met when tonal characteristics is topic off hand.

The best is based on your opinion. We have never formally met. Why should I take your word over some one I've chatted to face to face when there is such a reluctance in posting something as simplistic as the wattage figures 8 & 4 ohm loads stereo mode on the Thrive amplifiers?

Thanks for the invitation. I do not do installs. My amp racks are moved about in trucks or vans at all times.

I am happy hear you are content with Thrive Amplifiers. However the best sounding amplifier in the world will be useless if it is not powerful enough for the job.

Surely, I should not need to contact a company, listen to a marketing pitch from a salesman trying sell a product just to get the wattage figures under 8 & 4-ohm load stereo mode?

So I am asking you, as a proud Thrive user. What is the continuous average power rating under 8 & 4-ohm load stereo mode @ 20-20,000 kHz or 1 kHz in which you appear to be claiming is more powerful than the Crown 5000vz?

Those ratings are supposed to be listed in your userís manual.

Best Regards,
Old 04-12-2010, 02:50 PM

So you're basing your system design strictly on what a manufacturer claims at 8 ohms and 4 ohms without even taking into consideration those numbers are always biased around 1kHz instantaneous figures?

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

I guess that is where you and I differ. If a manufacture is proud of his or her product they will happily offer the specifications for all to see. I could understand if it were schematics for fear of copyright infringement. However if I feel like evaluating my 1955 Valve amplifier instruction manual, I can just look in on of my binders and refresh my memory on its capabilities. I donít see why it would be an issue for a small manufacture find such a request insulting.

If Thrive amplifiers can only keep up, then they wonít meet my requirements. I will explain why.

Iíve used Crown MA 5000vz amplifiers since 1996 so, an upgrade is long over do. The Studio R X12 claims to deliver 11,000 watts, which upon reading the specification sheet have the current to achieve it.

For the sake of headroom based on my requirements (4 ohms per channel), I will be Ė0.6 dB away from +3 dB. Switching amplifiers that match what I am currently using in terms of output power is IMHO a waste of money and will not offer any headroom in terms of amplifier power. So, it really boils down to Studio R, Lab Gruppen or Powersoft K 10.

Best Regards,
Old 04-12-2010, 02:54 PM

can we all just take a moment to step back & breathe...
and re-consider the tone of some of our communication
with each other?

we know where this road will lead....
Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
with each other?

Also, let's try and keep this thread on topic guys. If you really wanna discuss what specs manufacturers should publish start a new thread.

My SoundCloud
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
with each other?

I'm bailing on this. Better things to do... Elliott can flame on, I'm Outtie... 5000
Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 PM

Friends, while I hope Scotty doesn’t knock me around for this but I’d like to chime in here.

As I have met Elliot, I’m aware that he doesn’t give a rats ass where a widget comes from or who represents it. If a product does what he wants it to do and it does it better than the next great shiny thing, he’ll buy it.

I don’t feel he was egging on a dispute or trying to start problems. His postings on this has been polite and to the point, in a non-demeaning way. He is correct. There’s no decent information readily available about Thrive amplifiers. While I doubt he or any other knowledgeable sound engineer would buy an amp simply on it’s 8/4 Ohm rating, it is the most basic specification that’s first looked at when evaluating an amplifier.

I’m certain the Thrive line of amplifiers are very, very good. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. I have no doubt they’re everything they claim to be and worth their cost.

Adam, I’ve viewed your various installation pictures and to say the least, they’ve very impressive. Certainly, your designs and systems rock. Itech amps. BSS Soundweb. RPM88. You do lean towards the high-end good stuff. Surely, you wouldn’t be promoting Thrive amplifiers unless they perform well. However, it appears that you’re a bit protective and perhaps read a little too much in Elliot’s postings. I understand, I’m the same way with Bassmaxx (as there are some people that flat-out hate them, despite never having heard and experienced them). Perhaps you’ve jumped the gun a bit here and went on the defensive too quickly.

Often, postings on internet forums such as this is void of emotion or facial expressions and we lose the sense and abilities to really interpret another’s true feelings.

Why don’t you find and post up some numbers for the Thrive amplifier line? Real numbers, basic or not and perhaps some retail pricing. OR, point us to a website that shows some good info that would be useful to an engineer or designer. There are a good handful of people that would like to see more info.

We are adults here with one goal: Good sound. There’s no reason we can’t get along.