Wave Music Home
ReleasesCommunityYour OrderWave Music
ArtistsEventsDJ MixesShop

Wave Music Home


Home
About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links




Search


Adv. Search



Subscribe


Email






Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2012, 02:00 AM
in2house in2house is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 344
Pioneer's RMX-1000 Remix Station

Well I was wondering if Pioneer would ever "update" the EFX-1000 (not that I thought it needed to be updated but surprised that it has been around a lot longer than most of the gear in the line-up) and they did, I think...

Looks like a toy and considering how buttons and knobs get abused on these things, I hope they used quality parts.

Got to love the promo vid...



RMX-1000 Remix Station is an innovative technologically advanced device for enhancing DJ performances with its ability to create and add a variety of new and unique remix effects, as well as rhythmic sampling capabilities. The RMX-1000 incorporates four remixing functions: Isolate FX, Scene FX, X-Pad FX and Release FX for simple musical arrangements with intuitive control, all accessible at the user's fingertips. The device comes with Pioneer's remixbox editor software for customizing almost every function and feature of the unit, while the hardware itself can be used as a USB controller to perform with the included VST/AU RMX-1000 Plug-in.

Features:
•Scene FX allows users to choose between 5 build up or break down effects
•Isolate FX focuses on HI/LOW/MID frequency bands
•X-Pad FX enables users to develop and add new sounds
•Release FX lever eliminates the current music and leaves only sound effects
•Remixbox software and RMX-1000Plugin VST/AU plug-in software included
•High quality sound
•Easy connection to DJ mixer or studio computer
Audio Output:
•Sampling rate: 48kHz
•A/D, D/A resolution: 24-bit
•Frequency characteristics: 20Hz - 20kHz
•S/N ratio: When CONNECTION is set to "SEND/RETURN (-10dB)" 102dB
•When CONNECTION is set to "MASTER(+4dB)" 98dB
•Distortion: 0.005%
•Headroom: 20dB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKXNNK92_Mg

Last edited by in2house : 03-22-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Laurin Laurin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 471
Tried it at the Musikmesse and really liked it.
__________________
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 AM
jnkarrik jnkarrik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurin
Tried it at the Musikmesse and really liked it.

So its a sampler and not merely a controller, right? I.E. it could be used to the same effect with vinyl?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Laurin Laurin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 471
It is like an updated EFX.
So yes.
__________________
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Disko Ole Disko Ole is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ~Oslo, Norway
Posts: 208
I think it looks okey, but does it sound okey? I got an old EFX 500 now that I use mainly for it's echo effect, but to be honest it really degrades the sound quality so I would be happy to replace it.

Also, wonder what the price will be, I'm guessing way more than I feel comfortable to spend on a unit like that. I'm thinking somewhere between the EFX 500 and EFX 1000 in price, maybe leaning a bit more towards the latter one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Mistick Krewe Mistick Krewe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hoodoo audio heaven
Posts: 1,403
i bet it's more than the efx1000 when released
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
milan242 milan242 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
I believe the the Pioneer RMX-1000 will retail for around 599, $1000, 699
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Toni Cogin Toni Cogin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan242
I believe the the Pioneer RMX-1000 will retail for around 599, $1000, €699


Your beliefs are astonishingly right

The recommended retailprice for the US is 999$ (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ctor/RMX-1000).


For the EU it's 599 GBP / 699 EUR respectively (http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/n...00/index.html).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 AM
ArmenianSoul ArmenianSoul is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 267
i got an email saying its going for $799
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Mistick Krewe Mistick Krewe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hoodoo audio heaven
Posts: 1,403
i'm WRONG AGAIN!

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-24-2012, 12:44 AM
shihp001 shihp001 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 252
So it gives completely different effect than the efx1000?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
SmoothOperator SmoothOperator is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23
It seems to be a cross from the DJM2000 and the DJM900 effects processors. You get the isolator fx controls found on the djm2000 and the ribbon effects used on the djm900. I like having an isolator control on the delay/echo effects so I think that would come in pretty handy but I prefer having the individual buttons for the beat timing over the new ribbon control. At least the isolator controls should be somewhat more useful than having only kill switches for each band like the previous efx models.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
I had the chance to

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2house
Well I was wondering if Pioneer would ever "update" the EFX-1000 (not that I thought it needed to be updated but surprised that it has been around a lot longer than most of the gear in the line-up) and they did, I think...

Looks like a toy and considering how buttons and knobs get abused on these things, I hope they used quality parts.

Got to love the promo vid...



RMX-1000 Remix Station is an innovative technologically advanced device for enhancing DJ performances with its ability to create and add a variety of new and unique remix effects, as well as rhythmic sampling capabilities. The RMX-1000 incorporates four remixing functions: Isolate FX, Scene FX, X-Pad FX and Release FX for simple musical arrangements with intuitive control, all accessible at the user's fingertips. The device comes with Pioneer's remixbox editor software for customizing almost every function and feature of the unit, while the hardware itself can be used as a USB controller to perform with the included VST/AU RMX-1000 Plug-in.

Features:
•Scene FX allows users to choose between 5 build up or break down effects
•Isolate FX focuses on HI/LOW/MID frequency bands
•X-Pad FX enables users to develop and add new sounds
•Release FX lever eliminates the current music and leaves only sound effects
•Remixbox software and RMX-1000Plugin VST/AU plug-in software included
•High quality sound
•Easy connection to DJ mixer or studio computer
Audio Output:
•Sampling rate: 48kHz
•A/D, D/A resolution: 24-bit
•Frequency characteristics: 20Hz - 20kHz
•S/N ratio: When CONNECTION is set to "SEND/RETURN (-10dB)" 102dB
•When CONNECTION is set to "MASTER(+4dB)" 98dB
•Distortion: 0.005%
•Headroom: 20dB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKXNNK92_Mg

work a lil bit with this processor @ WMC with Louie Vega parties @ Vagabond, Yuka for Flashback and the Closing party @ The Shore Club.

The RMX 1000 is a pretty interesting piece, a bit more forgiving then the EFX 1000, has interesting effects that you can sweep and do over lays and I like how the delay works. Has a drum machine on it to so you can add drum fills to a track or do drum rolls. I like that you can load your own sounds on it to.

I didnt have a long time to really learn it, but from the short time i used it was a fun piece, and DEF better then any of the efx units available b4.

it will be avail in Late April very early may of 2012 from what Lars told me from Pioneer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	3100  Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	3101  Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	3102  Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	3103  
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
jnkarrik jnkarrik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 568
Sorry to venture off topic, but I really dig that blacked out Urei. What kind of knobs are those? Or if you'd prefer not to share details, do you have a set available for sale? I'd be interested.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
Pm Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkarrik
Sorry to venture off topic, but I really dig that blacked out Urei. What kind of knobs are those? Or if you'd prefer not to share details, do you have a set available for sale? I'd be interested.

for details, that Urei was SBS Slammed!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 PM
jnkarrik jnkarrik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 568
PM Sent.

*10 chars*
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM
charles0322 charles0322 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 697
Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurin
Tried it at the Musikmesse and really liked it.

I think a lot of ppl will echo that..

this is a very good piece from the demos.

with lots to screw around with ppl. will be experimenting with this for a long while..

one of the reasons I went to Traktor was for the x1 and effects control.

but I love the simplicity of walking in to the club with usb and no soundcard/laptop..:P
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006 Wave Music


© Wave Entertainment Group, Inc.