Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2002, 06:36 AM

Lollipop headphones again

Hi there,

I recently read discussions on this board about the Sony lollipop headphone. Having wanted one for quite some time now, I could only find one available at the Body & Soul Cybershop. So I went ahead and ordered one but nothing has happened. Does anyone know if the shop is still open?

On the previous discussions some one mentioned that you could buy lollipop headphones from Just Records in japan. Does anyone have a web adress?

Well, any help on actually buying a lollipop headphone will be greatly appreciated.

Keep the good music alive.

/The Freshmaker

Old 06-19-2002, 05:49 AM

Lollipop headphone

order it at www.dancetracks.com
they have them in stock and very good service.
I have ordered one overseas and it only took 1 week or so.

One love
Old 01-01-2003, 12:37 PM

lolipop headphones SONY MDR-V700

i know where to get the lollipop sony mdr-v700dj headphones with the blinking led light, for $150.00 which is is still cheaper than Danctracks in N.Y. that sold them for $175.00 or more.(and i heard they stop selling them)
so if your looking for one just Email me, and i'll put you in contact with the person who makes them!!! Email: sfussalva@aol.com

peace!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:27 AM

VESTAX KMX-3-lollipop

Hello everone!

Has anyone tried the VESTAX KMX-3-lollipop?

I've never heard of it but it seems to be the only one you can order from here in Sweden (much cheaper than ordering overseas..)

Hansi
Old 02-10-2003, 02:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mattu
KMX-3

Hansi,

the Vestax is OK but the bass response is way weaker than the specifications might lead one to believe. It also retails at 1295SEK and is only available on special order, so it's going to take at least 3-4 weeks before you get it. If you're ever in London, visit Sapphires or some other more well-stocked retailer and try one out before ordering it in case you'd hate it.
It sure looks funky though

Kul med fler svenskar!
Old 02-10-2003, 02:55 PM

Grado headphones

I ordered a Grado RS-2 set of phones that I am going to have made into lollipops. Ill give my reveiw when I get em. When I went to listen to headphones the Grados got great bass!
Old 02-11-2003, 04:38 AM

lolli

Thanks for the tip+info, Mats!

Maybe I'll go for a Sony-lollipop in case I don't get to try several different ones...

(any more swedes in here?)
Old 02-11-2003, 05:17 AM
Senior Citizen

Sweden in da house

Hi Hansi

I'm one of the Swedish Guys on this board.
Regarding the Lollipops, I have a friend in NY who wanted to sell me a Sony based one a while ago. I'm going to see him in April, so if you're interested I can see if he has still got it for sale.

/D

/Daniel
Old 02-11-2003, 10:17 AM

lollipop

Hi Daniel!

If you don't mind asking him, please do! And ask him which Sony-model it's made from! (and the price...=)

Thanks!

Hansi
Old 02-20-2003, 07:04 PM

phones

I can build you a lollipop headphone from any Sony headphone you like from $125 for the MDRV700/MDRV600 and $150 for the MDRV900.

I am in the Los Angeles area and will ship anywhere.

My email is: meza@umail.ucsb.edu

Peace
Old 02-21-2003, 02:24 AM
Senior Citizen

Lollies in Sweden

Hi Hansi

I have talked to my friend and I've got the details on the lollipop headphone. Please e-mail me for more details.
skolddaniel at hotmail.com

/Daniel S

/Daniel
Old 03-07-2003, 03:19 PM

sony lollipop mdrv-700

TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU IF YOU WANT A SINGLE SONY LOLLIPOP MDR-700 W/BLINKING LIGHT I HAVE A FRIEND NAMED ORLANDO AND HE CAN GET YOU THE SONY LOLLIPOP FOR 160.00 SO FORGET PAYING 185.00 AT DANCETRACK OR EVEN 200.00 AT OTHER PLACES...ORLANDO CAN GET YOU THE ULTIMATE ONE FOR 160.00 JUST TELL HIM DJ STEVE THE SAGA PEREZ SEND YOU...MY E-MAIL IS PEREZS@NEWPALTZ.EDU AND I'LL PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH THE MAN...PEACE
Old 03-18-2003, 10:23 AM

lollipop

David and Steve: Thank you for your offers! But it looks like I'll get the one from Daniel in Sweden (simpler). I'll keep you, David, and Orlando in mind for the next time though...

John: I'm really interested in the led-technique for making more special/experimental lollipops myself. If you'd like to share any tips etc my email-adress is:

hagu@nacka.se

Peace!

Hansi

Old 04-05-2003, 02:07 AM

LOLLIPOP HEADPHONES

my new email is: KONTINUOS.MUSIC@VERIZON.NET

O.K. people once again!!! i know where to get the lollipop sony mdr-v700dj headphones with the blinking led light, for $150.00 TO $160.00 which is is still cheaper than Danctracks in N.Y. that sold them for $175.00 or more.(and i heard they stop selling them)
so if your looking for one just Email me, and i'll put you in contact with the person who makes them!!!

trust me i must of dropped my lollipop half a millon times in the booth and there still going strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 06:11 PM

well...

or.....

......you can buy the headphones directly from the maker (me). $50 to convert MDR V600 and V700 (each stick phone); $100 for the MDR V600 or V700 (built); $150 for the MDR V900 (built) Any color LED you wish and your choice of angled or straight handle. All come with gold plugs and play both left and right sound.

You can see my work on auction at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14985&item=2521471 529

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14985&item=2521473 618

Email: meza@umail.ucsb.edu
Old 04-07-2003, 06:54 PM

Stick

Where are your E-bay pictures?

I could make these as well.

Might do a Sennihiser HD 25. Since when could the Japanesse design transducers anyway? They buy all our British and American speakers and they had to get a JBL designer to do TAD!

That is a good humoured post by the way,not anti anyone!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:52 PM

pics

Here's a photo of the MDR V900 conversion

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Apr/2003475391614902252376.jpg

and of the MDR V700 conversion

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Apr/2003474316989286033880.jpg

I think a Sennheiser (or Beyerdynamic) conversion is worth doing. I haven't checked out their DJ headphones in person to hear how much better they are than the Sony's. Just by the numbers; Sony has the widest frequency responce range (5Hz-30kHz) and a higher power capacity (3W max). Neither Beyerdynamic nor Sennheiser has a headphone that rates better (by the numbers). I'd like to try them out myself to hear which performs better. I own some Sennheiser HD590s that I use for listening, but realize that a DJ environment tends to require a loud and detailed headphone driver.

The Sony's can be made easily and are some of the most commonly used by DJs and are therefore in demand. Some time in the near future I will make other lollipop headphones with other brands.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:39 PM

LED on the lollipop

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is the purpose of the LED feature on the lollipop headphone? Is it blinking following the signal?

What is the prupose of it?
Old 04-08-2003, 03:03 PM

The LED

It blinks to the beat! It has NO PURPOSE other than looks whatsoever! When your spinning only those looking AT YOU can see it, you cant see it! Sonically, it does absolutely nothing. It just looks cool.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:40 PM

Thanx Scott!

So I thought. That means I could easily make mine out of the old pair I have here, joining both channels to one diaphragm. Had the LED been necessary, I would have refered to an experienced electronician.

Any tips on how to have both channels play in one earphone guys?

M

PS: Scott: did you get my review of week 1 of Shorty @ Stereo? I'll have a lot more to say after the weekend.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:27 AM

about joining....

If you join the left and right wires together to make a mono single-earcup, it would be *very* important to use resistors on the two "hot" leads. A value around 22 or 33 ohms would probably work well in low-impedance phones without losing too much volume, use a one or two watt rated pair of resistors if you really crank the volume. Use carbon *not* wirewound resistors for this.

If you don't use the resistors you'll be effectively shorting both channels of the headphone amp, most likely causing distortion and possible circuit damage.

http://www.markandrus.com
Old 04-09-2003, 11:56 PM

2 channels arent really neccesary

If you must have both channels playing through 1 cup you must use a summing resistor soldered into the headphones jack.

Personally I have had this done in the past but I dont do it anymore! 1 channel through single cup sounds better! And it gets the job done!

yes mat i read your reveiw and look forward to reading more!

Rgards!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:18 AM

lolipop headphones

hello my name is mario I am known in the san fran and san jose area of calif for building custom head phones been doing for two years ,also build themed headphone cups as in xmas and 4th of july, harley davidson head phones and even super hero designes can be built also any color of lighting can be used ,well that of course with a switch you can chose blue or red or even white so you can use as a flashlght to see your recs also, headphnes with various types of handles all customs ,no one that I have ever seen can come close to it!it takes time to make each one becouse it is custom! (five hours went into albert campoys now famous helter skeltor head phone) or ( brotha reeses disco blu candy head phone)I work with aluminum, plexiglass abs.pvc,acrylic,leather ,beads,glass(for the diso balls)can produce the little lou headphone and I will challenge any one to make a better themed head phone than I can curtail to any ones taste tell me what you want I will do my best good night mario garay san jose ca deep house fevr.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:27 AM

lolipop headphones

hello my name is mario I am known in the san fran and san jose area of calif for building custom head phones been doing for two years ,also build themed headphone cups as in xmas and 4th of july, harley davidson head phones and even super hero designes can be built also any color of lighting can be used ,well that of course with a switch you can chose blue or red or even white so you can use as a flashlght to see your recs also, headphnes with various types of handles all customs ,no one that I have ever seen can come close to it!it takes time to make each one becouse it is custom! (five hours went into albert campoys now famous helter skeltor head phone) or ( brotha reeses disco blu candy head phone)I work with aluminum, plexiglass abs.pvc,acrylic,leather ,beads,glass(for the diso balls)can produce the little lou headphone and I will challenge any one to make a better themed head phone than I can curtail to any ones taste tell me what you want I will do my best good night mario garay san jose ca deep house fevr.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:32 PM

pudding

Let's see some photos of your work.