Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Angry Some slanderous posts deleted...

Hey guys, keep the personal attacks out of this forum.

As some of you saw, deleted a whole bunch of posts just now.

Wave Music is kindly providing this here space online for all who share a passion about Pro Audio, Club sound equipment and related to have a place to share their ideas, knowledge and discussions.

Please be aware that up until now, people here have been pretty good about regulating themselves, and we'd like to see it remain that way. If this is becoming too much of a nuisance, we'll just close it down. We have no spare time for babysitting it....

Lessons learned:

-1) Personal attack = posts deleted. More? We have your IP address, and besides banning from this forum, can also block your IP. Please let's not go there.

-2) Self-promotion invites attacks. Keep the talk here to your interests, not trying to trumpet endlessly about your latest venture, once or twice is enough, wouldn't you agree.
(Or maybe we should start charging those who do for advertising space?...)

-3) The Internet is a great place, but it allows anyone to get noticed with easy flaming posts. That's not always good, and most of us are still trying to cope with those implications. Become part of the solution, not add to the problem. Take everything with a grain of salt...

Thank you.

Wave Music
Old 03-17-2004, 06:46 PM

Friends,

I would just like to thank the Wave Forum Administrator for wisely removing the post about Shorty. Itís a sign that someoneís at the helm here. If someone has something to say about somebody, it should be in a more tactful, mature and businesslike manner, perhaps even off board. One never knows whom he will need to work with in the future, burning bridges in the present can ruin opportunities on the horizon.

I agree, some of the things Shorty has been posting are self-promoting and much like advertisements. I too am guilty of the same and will be more conscientious about my posts.

Shortyís initial response to the offending post was to list events he had been involved in. Many events were listed such as nightly guest DJís at Club Stereo. This seemed to inflate the list. If I were to do this, my list would be hundreds of lines long. Just considering Webster Hall, Iíve done Evenessance, Duran Duran, Cheep Trick, Usher and many more. This kind of exaggerating appears to exasperate the issue.

We all have a lot to learn, I hope to learn something everyday of my life. Shorty has a lot to learn, I have worked with him and seen/heard about his work in various locations and I dare say the offending poster wasnít totally off target with some things he stated. I've heard Shorty's been doing quite a job at Stereo and he is starting to do some on the road events. He's soon to be at the "big people's table."

Best to all,
Paul Bell
Old 03-18-2004, 01:31 PM

Let`s all work together and be friends

Let`s all work together and be friends in a Business
and Professional manner and help each other out.
I personally do not like negativitybecause it can
cause some bad and ugly situations that is hard to
get out of. I my best do not like negative situations.
Also I am sure and positive that everyone and everybody
does good and fantastic work and sometimes should help
each and other out in a situation that needs
to be carried out that sometimes some task might be over
ones head but somebody that has done that task before
and it is not over their head can help that person out
with the task that is complicated which is over their head.

Peace

Last edited by jaybike : 03-18-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:45 AM

Paul,

You're just hilarious. For some strange reason you always make it seem you like you're this god-like authority on NYC sound installs.

It amazes me how you manage to suck up to forumadmin, and yet still bash shorty's work in the same post. In a less harsh tone of course but the meaning is the same.

Now I have never heard any of neither your's or shorty's installs, so of course I can't comment on the quality of neither. But I would be more inclined to take a trip to Montreal rather than NYC, if I were to seek out good club audio.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:09 AM

Mortin,

You hit it on the nose.

Mario G.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:36 PM

Wow everyone just did exactly what the forum admin asked them not too.
Right in his/hers own post.. lol
Old 03-21-2004, 03:29 PM

Interesting analogy. I'll ponder that on the way back from NSCA in Las Vegas tonight. Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a nice pic that may be construed as an advertisement.

PB