Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2003, 06:28 AM

Bozak Mixer

There are optional(third) LINE&CUE AMP CARD slot.
What happen when you put third LINE&CUE AMP CARD card?
When you ONLY use tape out.
it is possible to use without LINE&CUE AMP CARD of master gain?
and how to do the 30 db mod?
Old 09-30-2003, 12:04 PM

Card and 30db mod

I'm pretty sure all the card does when inserted is boost your tape output. You can use the card with just the tape out going to a tape player and have the loop not copleeted as long as the loop switch is in the right position. I'm not sure if you would want to use the card with the loop engaged because than you would be adding an extra stage of gain. You're question about it being possible to use the mixer without LINE&CUE AMP CARD of master gain cannout be done. If you remove that card you will have no output for one channel of your master out and hedphone output. If you took out both cards than you would have no output from any channel. As far as the 30db mod you want to talk to Mario (djmariog@aol.com) about that. He helped me do mine and has the parts you need to do it. Its also a great mod. Hoped this helped

Allen
Old 09-30-2003, 09:48 PM

Re: Card and 30db mod

Hi
Taisei & Allen

Allen is correct on what he wrote. The reason for the third card was another hot signal. What the Bozak mixer was intended for was for broadcasting. They would have the third card installed incase the main output blew or to switch to another studio. This card is not the same card as the other two line/cue cards. The two cards in the Bozak are .225-11 line / cue amp cards. The card near your power supply was right channel for the main output and your cue/monitor. The next card in was your left channel main output/cue. The cue output was about 4db lower than the main out. This is where the .225-11s optional line amp card came in. This card was left and right line amp 28db which can be changed to 30db. This also is a great way to install a true booth out with the same level as your house output , but you also have to add a 50k pot. The only problem is where do you find a .225-11s line amp card????

Mario G.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:37 PM

Re: Re: Card and 30db mod

Quote:
Originally posted by djmariog
Hi
Taisei & Allen

Allen is correct on what he wrote. The reason for the third card was another hot signal. What the Bozak mixer was intended for was for broadcasting. They would have the third card installed incase the main output blew or to switch to another studio. This card is not the same card as the other two line/cue cards. The two cards in the Bozak are .225-11 line / cue amp cards. The card near your power supply was right channel for the main output and your cue/monitor. The next card in was your left channel main output/cue. The cue output was about 4db lower than the main out. This is where the .225-11s optional line amp card came in. This card was left and right line amp 28db which can be changed to 30db. This also is a great way to install a true booth out with the same level as your house output , but you also have to add a 50k pot. The only problem is where do you find a .225-11s line amp card????

Mario G.

thanks allen and mario
I am very clear about that

again thank you

taisei

http://www.musicmushroom.com
Old 10-01-2003, 09:57 PM

there are

there are 20k pot on line/cue amp and power supply
how to use them?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:09 PM

I wouldn't touch them

The pots on the line cue card are for fine adjustment of the levels, you shouldn't touch them without using a scope and a signal generator to properly set the levels. The one on the powersupply card is for fine adjustment of the output voltage. I don't see any reson to touch them unless you're having problems with your mixer and you realy know what your doing. There is the potential to mess up your mixer. I'd leave adjusting them to a tech.

Allen
Old 11-20-2003, 08:40 AM

Re: Re: Card and 30db mod

Quote:
Originally posted by djmariog
Hi
Taisei & Allen

Mario G.

I was thinking of adding a booth output using my existing tape out jacks, but doing it without the third line amp card. I think this can be done based on pictures on Mick Music page of units with booth controls but no third card. Since I want my booth outs to be post tone controls and program only, I was thinking I could just tap off the leads to the input of the master volume pot. Then run those leads to a 50K Alps pot to act as a voltage divider with the wiper lead going to my booth output. I'd essentially have a "cut only" booth output with unity gain at full volume. I think I'm right on this, someone (Mario, Allen, Tom) please confirm. What I'm not sure about is whether or not splitting off from the master signal pre fader will have any effect on the master output (i.e. voltage drop, etc).

Similarly, I'd also like to add an effects send (just a send not a loop) that is switchable to either cue or program for the purpose of sending signal to my Jamman. It needs to be pre fader program or cue, so the logical place to tap in seems to be the output of the headphone cue/program switch. Same question again - will splitting off here have any effect on either the master or the cue outputs.

I've got tons more questions, but I'll save them for a different thread. 'Til next time....
Old 11-20-2003, 05:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Card and 30db mod

Quote:
Originally posted by jnkarrik
I was thinking of adding a booth output using my existing tape out jacks, but doing it without the third line amp card.
Mario did this to mod to my mixer. He drew a diagram - see below.

Last edited by tom smith : 11-20-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Card and 30db mod

here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg booth mod bozak.jpg (8.6 KB, 848 views)
Old 11-20-2003, 05:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: Card and 30db mod

Quote:
Originally posted by jnkarrik
What I'm not sure about is whether or not splitting off from the master signal pre fader will have any effect on the master output (i.e. voltage drop, etc).

no it doesn't, this design of mixer has such a good power supply that the amplifier cards can drive extra ouputs, like this booth mod, without much trouble.

couldn't tell you what's best to do about the FX send... Mario, could the same be done here?

Last edited by tom smith : 11-20-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:46 PM

Booth Mod is finished!!!

Thanks Tom for all the help. I got her up and running (well at least the booth output - I still am trying to figure out what to do about that relay situation.) I actually got the bug a little early today and started soldering leads to the alps pot to get a head start. I used shielded cable similar to the OEM stuff, and tried to mimic the factory standards in terms of which end (or ends)of the shield got grounded.

Here's a suggestion of something NOT to do. To make room for my booth knob, I had to either eliminate or relocate my power switch. I sort of like having it, so I moved it to the back in what would be a factory hole location if I had the loop in jacks. I suppose I could have put it anywhere, but I wanted it to be in a "factory" hole location in case I ever decided to bypass it altogether. Good thing because I picked the wrong spot for the switch. The 120V AC goes right beside the summing amp, and induces a serious hum in the right channel. So I guess I'll probably nix the switch.

OK, I couldn't end without another question. Some of you may cringe that I'm defacing my silver faceplate, but I have added the two aux select switches like on the DLA model. The problem I have is the sleeve portion (as opposed to the pin) of the rca jacks that I picked up make direct contact with the mixer casing. On all the factory jacks, the sleeve portion of the jack is grounded to the chassis through a capacitor (and also directly grounded to a pin on the mother board.) Whats the purpose of this cap, and do I need to consider getting some externally insulated jacks so that I can use a cap. WBT makes some nice ones, but they're not cheap.

Thanks again guys,
Jason
Old 04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
nubroon

TRIED TO E MAIL BUT DIDNT WORK THIS GUY HAS A AND B POTS TRY HIM ip500@cox.net HOPE HE HELPS YOU PEACE MY BOZAK FRIEND
Old 04-13-2004, 08:45 PM

great

Quote:
Originally posted by nubroon
TRIED TO E MAIL BUT DIDNT WORK THIS GUY HAS A AND B POTS TRY HIM ip500@cox.net HOPE HE HELPS YOU PEACE MY BOZAK FRIEND

great thank you very much for quick respond
if you wanna have AB modpot (series 72) please ask me
i send you free.
email me qwr02435@nifty.com
series 72 still nice sound (and able to order)

taisei
Old 04-14-2004, 04:35 AM
nubroon

TAISEI DONT BUY THESE POTS THEY ARE MONO ONLY SORRY I GAVE YOU A BUM STEER
Old 04-14-2004, 05:02 AM
nubroon

TAISEI I WILL HAVE SOME OF THOSE POTS OFF YOU ENOUGHT TO REFIT A BOZAK IF YOU HAVE THEM TO SPARE IF YOU WANT PAYMENT NOT A PROBLEM OR CAN SEND SOME OF MY US GARAGE MIX CD'S IF YOU ARE INTERESTED BIT LIKE A TRADE PHIL
Old 04-14-2004, 09:17 PM

hi

Quote:
Originally posted by nubroon
TAISEI I WILL HAVE SOME OF THOSE POTS OFF YOU ENOUGHT TO REFIT A BOZAK IF YOU HAVE THEM TO SPARE IF YOU WANT PAYMENT NOT A PROBLEM OR CAN SEND SOME OF MY US GARAGE MIX CD'S IF YOU ARE INTERESTED BIT LIKE A TRADE PHIL

it's a gift to another bozak friend
i am going send some.

----------------------------------------------------------
people from all over the world like US, UK, Japan and others
talk about very specific topics (like bozak mixer, paradise garage..etc)
I love this tech talk forum and MR. K!!!!