Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to RETRODISKO
funny question

Guy what ou recomend for a club owner that used to be a dj...and he likes to spin at home

he needs a pair of speakers no matter if they're active or passive, he need a good pair of speakers to his home setup, he already blowns a pair of small alesis , he likes to play it loud,

and those mackie and eon with him are the perfect match to leave him def in a year, i know that yopu can recomend a better sound quality speaker and also powerful
(pls something that you can get new or in stores in US)

Options ?? Will be fun
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 AM

The new Mackie SRM450s are louder and lighter (I am not sure about quality).
The powered RCF are very nice. You can also get some passive JBL MRX, or some other mass produced company such as EAW etc... I believe they will be sufficient for dj monitoring. If you want a "club" sound you will need a separate sub. It makes all the difference when you don't push the tops hard to get out low frequencies. You can also build some.

I would not try to dj through studio monitors. Its too risky when you want high SPL and heavy bass.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRODISKO
Guy what ou recomend for a club owner that used to be a dj...and he likes to spin at home

he needs a pair of speakers no matter if they're active or passive, he need a good pair of speakers to his home setup, he already blowns a pair of small alesis , he likes to play it loud,

and those mackie and eon with him are the perfect match to leave him def in a year, i know that yopu can recomend a better sound quality speaker and also powerful
(pls something that you can get new or in stores in US)

Options ?? Will be fun
B & W 802,s and a GOOD subwoofer, maybe Thiel.

But, you still have to be careful.

On a more economical tip, I have a very real recommendation to make to you! Im not kidding either.

JBL L-880,s. Like $800 - $1000 a pair, and they are fucking punchy, dynamic, and for 6.5" or 8" woofers, they do OUSTANDING BASS! We had a whole thread on these babies at Lansing Heritage. And they have a smooth top end, nice dynamic mid, warmish midbass, ( we like that around here ) and they really do sound good!

For less than what other speakers cost per/pair, you can get 4 of em, and be happy!