Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 04:33 PM

tony are things getting a little better today? We care, and we wanna know. My offer of hep is a standing offer.

If you nned, lert me know, bro from the heart,
Old 05-28-2010, 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear this terrible news ........ please if you need help in any way ask here we'll help in any way we can.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to NeverObsolete Send a message via Yahoo to NeverObsolete
I want to thanks everyone who has responded with words of encouragement. It really helps to know that there are those who can empathize with our present situation.

It has been a week yet. I went back today to the rubble and did some digging around. Then I just said, I need a back hoe and bucket for this mess. As closer inspection with the ash convinced me that nothing was spared.

The beginning picks up with acquiring documents. This has been most testing. Social Security asks for documentation that was burned. Birth Records need to be re issued. The driver's license was the easiest to get. Go figure.

This week was applying here and there for services that cater to victims of a disaster. Next week as the holiday weekend closes will bring more light as to what is available to assist my family.

Red Cross gave us a voucher for the local thrift shop. And it was needed. And led us to other resources that we are tracking down.

Finding a place, temporarily is priority at this time.

Keep the positive feelings coming guys. It helps. God knows it does.

Last edited by NeverObsolete : 05-28-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to NeverObsolete Send a message via Yahoo to NeverObsolete
If anyone want to help here's how.

Music. That's what I need. digital is fine. Whatever you feel you can burn on disc would be appreciated. DVD is great, CD is fine. MP3 is very acceptable.

No mixes, single songs please. As much as you feel you can part with without causing no ill feelings.

I don't have a computer at the moment, that would be nice to have too, however, once one is acquired, tranferring wouldn't be an issue.

Music, any form, HOUSE specifically, but as of the moment, any and all will do.

If you can mail it to the below address it would be appreciated.

Music, Muuuusic, music is the answer.

Anthony Wright
470 Cousintown Road
De Kalb Junction, New York 13630-4157
315 386 4892 (where I am staying at the moment)

Maybe a beat up laptop is lurking out there somewhere.

Last edited by NeverObsolete : 05-28-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:35 AM

next time im out and about ill pick up some dvds and and upload some music from my collection of cds i have literally thousands of house tracks from jackin to deep to classics

i dont have any old laptops im afraid but music i can def get you started

stay strong
Old 05-29-2010, 01:48 AM

That'll work. That would be the most appreciated. I don't mean to beg, but any and everyone can get on this bandwagon.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:37 PM

I will see if MY original G4 can be fixed. If it can, I will have that taken care of, and your welcome to to it. It, working, will get you started. It did get me up and running, I just quickly ran out of enough memory and HD space. and it wasn't upgradable to something like I have now. BUT believe it or not, this little G4 is a GOOD sounding unit for files, it just is! Or I can find one IF necessary, whatever, whatever, we will help you.

Tony, you got my reply PM, you know what to do!

Don't say to us your begging, we are your friends, and WE HAVE TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS TRYING TIME! I don't believe ANY human being could have read this thread and NOT feel something.

You know? Bottom line, friends help each other, and this is a BIG situation, one that is easily overwhelming. We understand this, and WE CARE! WE DO. It's just that simple.

I also understand that you having a family to care for, physically, financially, and EMOTIONALLY, your the one has to keep them together. THIS in itself is a huge huge job. IF I didn't have, and wasn't able to do something it would be one thing, BUT God has been good to me, and I AM ABLE TO HELP. See what I'm saying? WE WANT TO HELP, IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO, and THE RIGHT WAY TO BE! No one was happy to read about what happened to you and your family

AFAIC, THE LAST THING I WOULD EVER WANT TO HEAR ANYONE SAY, IS MY CHILDREN ARE HUNGRY!

Like I said, Tony, WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS! And I AM HAPPY I AM ABLE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP.

Tony, I have amps, processors, EQ,s, and mixers, all sorts of things I don't use. I am planning to sell off much of what I will never use, but, right now I am just sitting on things, things you will need to get a system together, that gets you back up and able to earn for you and your family. So, when you begin putting this system back together, I can help you here, too. Don't you see, I would rather the gear be put to work and be part of your system, that your going to need. Rather than sitting and collecting dust, or sell to someone I DON'T KNOW!

YOU GOT FRIENDS HERE TONY!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Yo Tony, I'll see if I can send you some time next week a SATA laptop drive full of tunes (I'll try and put it in a USB caddy) and some Stanton 680EL's that I no longer use to get you started for when ever you get 1200's again.
I'll probs do it some time after the 7th as I have some free time off work around then
Old 05-29-2010, 06:01 PM

i went through my dj stuff today i have some 680's on headshells with two sets of needles one new set and one old, and i have some slipmats and some records and a few odds and ends cable wise,well as 40 gigs of music ill send this out next week

hope your doing ok
Old 05-30-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
Tony, I have amps, processors, EQ,s, and mixers, all sorts of things I don't use. I am planning to sell off much of what I will never use, but, right now I am just sitting on things, things you will need to get a system together, that gets you back up and able to earn for you and your family. So, when you begin putting this system back together, I can help you here, too. Don't you see, I would rather the gear be put to work and be part of your system, that your going to need. Rather than sitting and collecting dust, or sell to someone I DON'T KNOW!

YOU GOT FRIENDS HERE TONY!

Go on donate that lonely 1620LE you have to him
Old 05-30-2010, 05:55 PM

Tony, I sent you some money on paypal, I hope your checking your account. You should list your paypal account info so other people can make donations as well.

And to anyone that has bought a stix from Tony and already has his paypal info, I would encourage you to make a small donation, whatever you can afford. It really does make a difference, its something that anyone can do to help and it adds up. This is real life and Tony is a friend and needs our help, its the right thing to do.

Watch me spin live Saturdays 3-5PM PST here
http://www.stickam.com/faderwaveradio

Baba Booey!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 PM

I am so sorry to hear of whats happened to you. Thankfully your family is ok.
Please post your paypal email so we can send money via that account if it works for you.

Efrain
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 PM

Wow

The folks here are really coming together. Thanks to everyone. We are still displaced, nevertheless, we are looking for a place to rent. That takes some time. There a few coal in the fire, pun intended, and we are hoping something works out.

The various resources in the area has been forthcoming with assistance in varying forms. Food voucher from the Red Cross, Clothing from the community and the church out reach program.. Tuesday we are going to HEARTH, they are assisting with some starter furniture. Once we have a place.

Things are looking up. I am in a much better state of mind today, then I was last week.

The kids have some clothes, that's my concern. And people are handing us bags of clothes for the kids. This is a good thing.

Hopefully, we can be in a place by next week, the week after the latest I pray. One organization will pay security and one months rent up to $450. We need to find a place in that range. At this stage, we will take what we can get.

Guys you all have been right on point with the call for help. It won't be forgotten.

The music is still the primary request. I cry, literally, every time I go back to the house and look at the vinyl melt. All the other gear can be replaced. But the vinyl, we know the deal with that. I guess for the time being, I am thanking the digital gods for the technology. I may have lost many classic records, but I can, with the help of the people on the forum get some music back. And once we are settled in, and have a roof, I can begin the long search for those little ditties that we love to spin.

I don't want to sound corny, but I LOVE YOU GUYS. I mean that.

neverobsolete@twcny.rr.com

Is my email and pay pal address.

Last edited by NeverObsolete : 05-31-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 AM

i got 36 gigs of music (12'' versions mostly) burned to dvd,s today ill send it along early next week

if you have a list of things your looking for it would make it easier as what ive done is uploaded what i have backed up from beatport and traxsource and other compilations i had that were labled, its a lot of music but i also have 1000 cdrs of wavs of music i use to dj with so send me a wish list and ill do my best to dig it out of my collection and make some cdrs of wave files for you
Old 05-31-2010, 09:23 AM

Anthony, I sent you a PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM

i got your box packed up tonight and the earliest i can get it sent out is this friday

ill pm you for the address beforei send it to make sure i have the corect one

peas and cheers hope your family is doin ok

fred
Old 06-01-2010, 03:12 AM

Way to go guys. My care goes out in the morning, I am happy to help.

GOOD PEOPLE HELPING GOOD PEOPLE!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm glad you're feeling a little better Anthony, I will also contribute and send you some music thru DVDs this week. Keep the faith bro, we're here for ya.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Donation of music !!!! :-)

I am fairly new to this forum and I would like to contribute to the music fund for you tony. I am not sure what to send I mostly spin tech-house and techno but I do have some house but most of my music is in this genre if you want to put a label on music. Can you let me know if you would be interested in any of my music and I will send ???? I am sorry this happened to you and hope things will continue to get better for you and your family. If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:58 PM

This is a blessing

Anything, at the moment. Genre? Can I dance to it? I am seeing this a blessing because I hope to get a taste of what each individual has to offer. My sets are diverse, and the music reflects that.

I will accept what is being offered. Send what you feel you would play. I am a House head, but that's a broad genre too. I live by the motto, :"Can I dance to it?" And dancing is an individual effort.

I will love what ever from the folks here, we are all under the umbrella when it come to the music.

I will be exclusively digital at the moment with tactile manipulation, of course. Therefore, anything put to disc will be used in the above manner.

Music folks, and I know the choices will be on point.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVDEEP
I am fairly new to this forum and I would like to contribute to the music fund for you tony. I am not sure what to send I mostly spin tech-house and techno but I do have some house but most of my music is in this genre if you want to put a label on music. Can you let me know if you would be interested in any of my music and I will send ???? I am sorry this happened to you and hope things will continue to get better for you and your family. If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

At this stage, I am looking to acquire enough to play out. Been spinning a long time and music can be applied as the feeling suits. Mp3 are small to get a lot on disc. However, I am accepting what your heart will provide.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Tony, as soon as I get a moment, everything I can give you I will. Hang in there brother.. I send you and your family blessings and look for a care package as soon as possible. please keep updating your whereabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverObsolete
Anything, at the moment. Genre? Can I dance to it? I am seeing this a blessing because I hope to get a taste of what each individual has to offer. My sets are diverse, and the music reflects that.

I will accept what is being offered. Send what you feel you would play. I am a House head, but that's a broad genre too. I live by the motto, :"Can I dance to it?" And dancing is an individual effort.

I will love what ever from the folks here, we are all under the umbrella when it come to the music.

I will be exclusively digital at the moment with tactile manipulation, of course. Therefore, anything put to disc will be used in the above manner.

Music folks, and I know the choices will be on point.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 PM

count me in also, il send you everything
Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Tony, I sent you a small box of about 30 records this morning via USPS media mail. Not much to rock the house but hope it helps.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:02 AM

Clean up is the next thing. Its cooled down now to work on it.

One Tube 36 still left out of Eight. One of the few things standing.

Some home made bass bins and a pair of EV 152's. See the speaker on the floor?

My Rane 2016 and XP 2016. Just hollow cases. It all burned out.

My Techs. Been with me since 81. Damn!

The amp racks.

Some of the thousands of albums burned.

The whole house gone.

The next series of shots will be the clean up. Trying to get a back hoe and bucket to move things along quickly. There's nothing to save so, scoop, dumped a hole, and burn again. The metal will be used to buy more wood.

We are going to rebuild. Still displaced. Finding a place to live isn't easy in my area and still keep the kids in their school district.

Well, this is some of the after math.

I cried again.