Links

Search

Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 10:42 PM

good luck and have fun in greece shorty!

we want loooottts of pics too

this sounds like the most ambitious system install yet for you

peas
Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM

That's interesting that you plan on converting the whole place to single phase AC power.
Good luck with that, as most distribution is 3 phase and and using only one leg will severely put the local load out of balance which will probably introduce some strange EMI on the line.
I have heard much on this single vs. multiphase issue and I really don't think it's worth the extra hassle to go single phase as long as you have everything grounded properly and have electronics and amps with well designed power supplies.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 AM

So I got

everything going very late last night after i arrived early yesterday what a long day lol, and i gotta say how blown away i am with this system just with a quick tunning by ear, it just fell pretty much into place in no time @ all.

I thought it would take a bit of work to get the Mark Levinson and Krell amps to voice how i wanted them to on this system, being they are fully Class A amplifiers and all, but that was not the case at all.They work incredible on this system, you just hear EVERY little detail thru the TAD components in the SBS Custom Cabinets. The Mark Levinson & Krell amps have incredible synergy with the Thrive Audio Maya & Alva amps processed with SBS electronics & Thrive Audio Processing aswell.

I will post more details when i can tommorow after we install all the DACS and other toys, Like Thrive Audio Bad Neighbor & final outcome of this system.

www.systemsbyshorty.com
www.myspace.com/soundmanshorty

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 05-30-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:41 PM

day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
everything going very late last night after i arrived early yesterday what a long day lol, and i gotta say how blown away i am with this system just with a quick tunning by ear, it just fell pretty much into place in no time @ all.

I thought it would take a bit of work to get the Mark Levinson and Krell amps to voice how i wanted them to on this system, being they are fully Class A amplifiers and all, but that was not the case at all.They work incredible on this system, you just hear EVERY little detail thru the TAD components in the SBS Custom Cabinets. The Mark Levinson & Krell amps have incredible synergy with the Thrive Audio Maya & Alva amps processed with SBS electronics & Thrive Audio Processing aswell.

I will post more details when i can tommorow after we install all the DACS and other toys, Like Thrive Audio Bad Neighbor & final outcome of this system.

www.systemsbyshorty.com
www.myspace.com/soundmanshorty

has gone by and the system is alighned and tuned. Man does it sound incredible, everyone was blown away by the final adjustments after hearing it for hours last night, they did not think it could get better, but it did, and i am really blown away hearing all this amazing product on a huge sound system like this with all the final adjustments.

My Client had a few of his audiophile friends come by to check out his new system that have really HIFI sound systems in there home, and the first thing they said was, This is NOT Pro Audio, This is HIFI, they said if they were blind folded & heard this same system and did not know how large it was or for the application it was desighned for which would be large dance floor playing mainly dance music, they would swear it was a HIFI sound system, and if they were told while they are still blind folded, that you listening to the finest in pro audio, they would say there is no way this is pro audio sound system for a dance club.

All they kept sayin, how is it possible pro audio can sound this good, its not possible, but it is, we are hearing it. They said when they hear pro audio systems they never think much or at all about the quality just how loud the sound is, but this is something else, its completly opposite.

So after they left we started playing with DACS, we all agreed that we liked the Benchmark DAC and how it sounded on the system,a real sweet sounding DAC, and made the CDJ 1000 sound amazing.

We really listened from 1 player with 1 a DAC, and 1 without, we all agreed it made a dramatic diff in the players quality with this DAC hooked up.

Then we hooked up The Bad Neighbor, and we were blown away yet again, it was the first time i had heard our processor on a large HIFI sound system especially 1 of this size with so many amazing products in the system, and it worked great it really textured the music the rt way. I was really happy with the performance of The Bad Neighbor & this system

Tommorow the Booth gets equed and set up. Off to bed lol a long 3 days.

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 05-31-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
has gone by and the system is alighned and tuned. Man does it sound incredible, everyone was blown away by the final adjustments after hearing it for hours last night, they did not think it could get better, but it did, and i am really blown away hearing all this amazing product on a huge sound system like this with all the final adjustments.

My Client had a few of his audiophile friends come by to check out his new system that have really HIFI sound systems in there home, and the first thing they said was, This is NOT Pro Audio, This is HIFI, they said if they were blind folded & heard this same system and did not know how large it was or for the application it was desighned for which would be large dance floor playing mainly dance music, they would swear it was a HIFI sound system, and if they were told while they are still blind folded, that you listening to the finest in pro audio, they would say there is no way this is pro audio sound system for a dance club.

All they kept sayin, how is it possible pro audio can sound this good, its not possible, but it is, we are hearing it. They said when they hear pro audio systems they never think much or at all about the quality just how loud the sound is, but this is something else, its completly opposite.

So after they left we started playing with DACS, we all agreed that we liked the Benchmark DAC and how it sounded on the system,a real sweet sounding DAC, and made the CDJ 1000 sound amazing.

We really listened from 1 player with 1 a DAC, and 1 without, we all agreed it made a dramatic diff in the players quality with this DAC hooked up.

Then we hooked up The Bad Neighbor, and we were blown away yet again, it was the first time i had heard our processor on a large HIFI sound system especially 1 of this size with so many amazing products in the system, and it worked great it really textured the music the rt way. I was really happy with the performance of The Bad Neighbor & this system

Tommorow the Booth gets equed and set up. Off to bed lol a long 3 days.

Awesome stuff Shorty! Please post more and get some pics of the system!! We wanna see what youre talking about....

keep up the good work!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM

So today after tunning

the booth and completed that, we were just listening to music, and enjoyin the system again wide variety from Dark side of the Moon which blew us away, and other albums and cds he brang in to demo.

The owner was so pleased he told me it was way better then he expected, and again he says this aint pro audio and never had experienced such a large system sound so gentle when it needed to be esp when we listened to alot of classical, and hit so hard with still so much headroom when it needed to be with dance music. He said the system has so much emotion and so much detail in such a large room that you can hear the automation in critical recordings in the mix, and all the little sounds in the mix with the effects. He listened in tru audiophile form, knew what to listen for and how to listen to music and what the instruments are supposed to sound like. He was pointing out what he was listening for and how it sounded on the system in disbelief sayin i cant believe how good this sounds.

He said he was so thrilled with the system and as we were listening to music he had to leave for a wedding later on that night, and says i dont wanna go to this wedding cause he wanted to stay all nite to listen to his system. i said you gunna blow it off he says yea, i want to keep istening to it, thats how much he loved it lol

So he goes to his car and brings in a ipod, lol yea a Ipod, and it sounded wicked, he bypassed the A-D converters in his Ipod to a custom external box to plug it into, then we ran it thru the Benchmark DAC, with a slight adjustment with The Thrive Audio Bender Program eq it sounded amazing. If you didn`t know a Ipod was hooked up you would swear it was cd playin, and if you were told it was commin from a Ipod you would say i have to see it to believe it lol.

But I really have to say how pleased i am with this job using all the hi quality components that i chose to use and how well they all mated together. The room sounds amazing.

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 05-31-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 PM

soooo...... now that your back shorty hehe show us what you have been working on for the last few months

the suspense is killing us lol

peas
Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
the booth and completed that, we were just listening to music, and enjoyin the system again wide variety from Dark side of the Moon which blew us away, and other albums and cds he brang in to demo.

The owner was so pleased he told me it was way better then he expected, and again he says this aint pro audio and never had experienced such a large system sound so gentle when it needed to be esp when we listened to alot of classical, and hit so hard with still so much headroom when it needed to be with dance music. He said the system has so much emotion and so much detail in such a large room that you can hear the automation in critical recordings in the mix, and all the little sounds in the mix with the effects. He listened in tru audiophile form, knew what to listen for and how to listen to music and what the instruments are supposed to sound like. He was pointing out what he was listening for and how it sounded on the system in disbelief sayin i cant believe how good this sounds.

He said he was so thrilled with the system and as we were listening to music he had to leave for a wedding later on that night, and says i dont wanna go to this wedding cause he wanted to stay all nite to listen to his system. i said you gunna blow it off he says yea, i want to keep istening to it, thats how much he loved it lol

So he goes to his car and brings in a ipod, lol yea a Ipod, and it sounded wicked, he bypassed the A-D converters in his Ipod to a custom external box to plug it into, then we ran it thru the Benchmark DAC, with a slight adjustment with The Thrive Audio Bender Program eq it sounded amazing. If you didn`t know a Ipod was hooked up you would swear it was cd playin, and if you were told it was commin from a Ipod you would say i have to see it to believe it lol.

But I really have to say how pleased i am with this job using all the hi quality components that i chose to use and how well they all mated together. The room sounds amazing.
Hello Shorty,
Now Highend is in the Club.
What's the Name of this Club on Mykonos?
Can you tell the Adress?
Maybe i go for next Holidays.
Show us Photos please.
Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieterj
What's the Name of this Club on Mykonos?
Can you tell the Adress?

Yes, I'm curious too. Is it in Mykonos Town, or down by the beaches?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM

hopefully this can help bring Mykonos back to it's glory days...

i've heard it has been really hopping in Naoussa (on Paros) lately....

how long is transit to greece from the east coast Shorty?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:30 PM

I went on my honeymoon via RDU->PHL->Athens-> Mykonos. I don't remember exactly how long the flight was (couple of Xanax and a few beers and we were there ). We left Philly around 6:00 PM EST, and arrived in Athens as the sun was coming up. I think it was around a 7- 8 hour flight. The flight to Mykonos from Athens is less than an hour but you won't care because the flight attendents on Aegean Air are drop dead gorgeous - my wife even said so.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:26 PM

that's not too bad a trip....

pretty quick installation at the club then, in any event...

was the custom cabling made on site or shipped over prefabricated?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 PM

How about some pictures?
Old 06-15-2008, 10:51 AM

any word on what djs will be playing in this space?

is this place a club or a private space?

peas
Old 09-11-2008, 06:26 PM

How about a picture or two?
Whats the name and location of this place?

Wife and I are want to plan a trip and Greece was on our short list. Would love to check out this place.

Allen
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
sunjitwhy

For anyone interested ... here are some photos:

http://www.sanjaypatel.tv/SBS.html