Adv. Search

Subscribe

Email

Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretflute
d-edge is the webster hall of SP... nothin original and the djs usually are garbage but everyonce in a while they have a banger... the sound system is decente... the first one in SP that didnt distort like shit after 3 hours of bumpin... the dance floor has annoying lights in it that make it hard to really dance so i dont go very often because im Always tripping up over them!!!! i wouldnt make a special trip here for d-edge... thats for sure... the best clubs are on the beach in the South of the country... ive never played them or been to them but thats where all the best djs Always are.... even so good deep house cats come there... not just edm....

careful now, a couple forum members here have worked at webster hall!

steffi, seth troxler, ellen allien are all on the current months lineup, so im not sure the webster label fits. maybe with the crowd. one of my roommates is from s.p. and while he is down with the d-edge people, the parties there arent his favorite. however, he lives in berlin...
Old 11-14-2013, 10:37 AM

sorry!!! didnt mean to step on anyones toes.... just sayin thats its been open forever and its kind of the granddaddy club around here... there are older clubs of course--- but their sound systems really suck!!! painfully bad!!! some other extremely expensive clubs have ok systems but nothing great... and the djs play very comercial garbage... but theres way to much blow for me in the scene here and i cant really deal when people are all bumped up!!! im doing some production for funk carioca people so im gonna start playin at the pancadãos... the big favela parties!!! very dangerous.... but huge systems!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 AM

No worries people, Webster Hall is just chugging along. They get quite a few acts and always seem to do a decent business.

While I stepped away from the internal operations of Webster years ago, I'm still the supporting sound provider for rentals, repairs and purchases.

However, I would say that it's disturbing to me the (low) level of DJ's and their music. This is not a Webster Hall thing, it seems to be everywhere. Most DJ's simply run in the red on the mixer so hard the red lights don't even flicker. And today's club goers are the Ipod generation so they don't know any better and don't care.

Rant over.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:39 PM

Amen! Preach!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbellsound
No worries people, Webster Hall is just chugging along. They get quite a few acts and always seem to do a decent business.

While I stepped away from the internal operations of Webster years ago, I'm still the supporting sound provider for rentals, repairs and purchases.

However, I would say that it's disturbing to me the (low) level of DJ's and their music. This is not a Webster Hall thing, it seems to be everywhere. Most DJ's simply run in the red on the mixer so hard the red lights don't even flicker. And today's club goers are the Ipod generation so they don't know any better and don't care.

Rant over.

not something new, either

and since it happened in the vinyl days, also not based on format
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 AM

On a DJM 900 or something running in the red wouldn't matter right? the 0dB mark is actually at -18dBfs, so you can actually go 8dB above the top red lights.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 PM

I just wanted to add that I went to check out Output this past Saturday, and it is the best sounding system I've heard in a long time. I was expecting the bass to be very "boomy" based on that giant sub under the DJ booth, which I can confirm, really is hilariously awesome in person. But the bass had a very tight feel there. It pounds you in the upper sternum. I remember some of the old Steve Dash systems used to make my Adam's apple vibrate, but this one definitely hit you just above your pecs!

The music that night was very minimal tech, so I didn't get to hear a variety of sounds on it, but what I did hear was great and made the music very exciting. The highest compliment I can pay is that the sound did not fatigue my ears over 4 hours, and I was alternating between using musician earplugs and going au natural. No ringing or white noise afterwards. I spent most of my night on the main floor. It played great compared to the following night at Santos, which required earplugs all night.

Does anyone know what the tall skinny folded horns are in the main stacks at Output? They seem to be using that for mid-bass and I've never seen them before in any system, F1 or otherwise.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM

they need to livein that place up with some more positive sounds instead of minimal tech hippie shit
Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbalpudding

Does anyone know what the tall skinny folded horns are in the main stacks at Output? They seem to be using that for mid-bass and I've never seen them before in any system, F1 or otherwise.

F315 - not in their website product list yet.
More info in this article:
http://www.funktion-one.com/news/to-the-5-boroughs/
Old 12-20-2013, 03:16 PM

Wow, thanks Stephen! That certainly seems like a weird and interesting speaker. Does anyone else use folded horns for midbass in signature nightclubs? I don't think I've seen that before.

I wonder if that model is a huge part of 'the secret sauce' at Output...
Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 AM

Martin, EAW, Void, Turbosound, ...