Wave Music Home
ReleasesCommunityYour OrderWave Music
ArtistsEventsDJ MixesShop

Wave Music Home


Home
About Us
Labels
Distributed Labels
Links




Search


Adv. Search



Subscribe


Email






Go Back   Wave Music Community Board > Tech Talk for Gearheads > Sound Installers and Manufacturers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
How can you make

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
Yes, I did notice a gain drop.

And with the Urei mixer this was also noticeable.

a credible statement on a piece you claim you own that you dont and is not in your system to claim it is doing things, when it is not in your system?

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 12-15-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Mistick Krewe Mistick Krewe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hoodoo audio heaven
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
how can you make a credible statement on a piece you claim you on that you dont?

are you saying the Thrive unit wasn't ever in the Eldorado system?

Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
It was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
are you saying the Thrive unit wasn't ever in the Eldorado system?

but he never PURCHASED the unit. So again i ask how can you say you own a unit you never purchased how can he claim he owns a unit he never bought????

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 12-15-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:43 PM
marcellus marcellus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
i think that the price/additional feature set issues were actually brought up initially by people other than Clubman5...
(in some earlier Thrive marketing threads)

I was referring to what he said in his post about the GSA Iso, R.I.F.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
clubman5 clubman5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellus
I believe that YOU think you made credible and valid statements. I never said the GSA Iso was a good or bad unit. The issue with the price of this unit and that of other units was brought up by....YOU! The issue of having one unit instead of six units was brought up by....YOU! Although this was not your sentiments that long ago. So, again I say YOU think you made credible and valid statements!
But, I never said I DON'T like the Thrive, I may have a preference for a tighter feeling pot, but that is an individual preference of mine.

It seems like i am not the only one who noticed a gain drop when using it either, and YET? The Thrive still is a good sounding unit.

Initially, others brought up price as an issue, and I am merely pointing out that now another unit is available that is $900.00 less, thats ALL!

The additonal features for running a CD or TT thru it is also not something i planned to use, so, again, up to the individual to decide whether theywant/need these or not.

And in spite of whatever, I am still going to listen to the GSA, and buy it if I like it.

Again, I can like both units, and like them for different reasons.

BUT I will talk about gear and listen to everything I want to, these posts were never intended to trash any products.

Again, BMW and mercedes both make well designed, and well made automobiles,
__________________
Mr. Scott Fitlin
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
The pots

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubman5
But, I never said I DON'T like the Thrive, I may have a preference for a tighter feeling pot, but that is an individual preference of mine.


Are Alps pots with a tight rotational turn on them, The unit YOU tried was the prototype with the loose burns Pots, this is nit the pot this isolator comes with.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
clubman5 clubman5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
but he never PURCHASED the unit. So again i ask how can you say you own a unit you never purchased how can he claim he owns a unit he never bought????
THATS BULLSHIT, I DID BUY A THRIVE FROM YOU!

That I had two issues about it, and you ended up taking the unit back and refunding my money is another story!

I DID OWN A THRIVE!
__________________
Mr. Scott Fitlin
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:58 PM
clubman5 clubman5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
Are Alps pots with a tight rotational turn on them, The unit YOU tried was the prototype with the loose burns Pots, this is nit the pot this isolator comes with.
And THIS THREAD IS NOT THE THRIVE VS GSA THREAD!
__________________
Mr. Scott Fitlin
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 PM
benjaminb benjaminb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 320
i think scott is being very diplomatic with his comments here - you might want to tone down the defensiveness, or you're going to end up baiting some people into posting much less tactful opinions on the unit.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM
djcm djcm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistick Krewe
Mario or Gary, (or anyone that knows, really)
about the isolator's efx switch...

Is that a three way (momentary engage/off/on) or two way (off/on) toggle?

best of luck with the new unit! looks sharp


The effect switch is 3 way. On, off, and momentary engage.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:54 PM
duron tarik duron tarik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 387
U guys need to stop. GET A ROOM!!!

lmao
__________________
Elevation Party
http://www.eclecticentertainmentinc.com
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 822
Scotty I would like to thank you for the good things said.

There are are only a few units left. I will be running another set of 50.

Just a reminder the unit price is $895.00 and you are welcome to demo the unit on your system or mine. I am located in NJ, you are welcome to email me djmariog@aol.com


I will post a few more pics soon of some superstar DJ'S that are also proud owners of THE GSA-ISO3001

Thank You All &
Happy Holidays
Mario G
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
Are Alps pots with a tight rotational turn on them, The unit YOU tried was the prototype with the loose burns Pots, this is nit the pot this isolator comes with.

Shorty,

I did not want to turn this into a GSA VS THRIVE.

But to clear up a few things I owned a THRIVE UNIT AND I DID NOT BUY IT FROM YOU. I & ALSO ANYBODY CAN GET A UNIT FROM ANY SUMMIT DEALER. Here is the photo of the inside of the thrive and THEY ARE NOT ALPS...

I will state the THRIVE ISOLATOR is a well built unit.

AND TO ALL CUSTOMERS YOU SHOULD DEMO BOTH UNITS

Just keep in mind as I had asked SHORTY before which I never got answers..

Are they in stock ?
What is the price ?


__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 PM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmariog
Shorty,

I did not want to turn this into a GSA VS THRIVE.

But to clear up a few things I owned a THRIVE UNIT AND I DID NOT BUY IT FROM YOU. I & ALSO ANYBODY CAN GET A UNIT FROM ANY SUMMIT DEALER. Here is the photo of the inside of the thrive and THEY ARE NOT ALPS...

I will state the THRIVE ISOLATOR is a well built unit.

AND TO ALL CUSTOMERS YOU SHOULD DEMO BOTH UNITS

Just keep in mind as I had asked SHORTY before which I never got answers..

Are they in stock ?
What is the price ?



Isolators were released with the Bourns pot , @ that time when we 1st offered the Isolator, Alps had not delivered the pots, and we were shipping units with Bourns pot because of the demand for the unit and people did not mind the looser pot, which is the unit you have posted the pics of. But, our Isolators are available and are shipping with the Alps Pot

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 12-15-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
Isolators were released with the Bourns pot , @ that time when we 1st offered the Isolator, Alps had not delivered the pots, and we were shipping units with Bourns pot because of the demand for the unit and people did not mind the looser pot, which is the unit you have posted the pics of. But, our Isolators are available and are shipping with the Alps Pot

I do understand as I also had a 13 week lead time on the pots from Alps.

Shorty you are welcome to hear the unit , but you never answered the questions?

DO YOU STOCK UNITS?
AND WHAT IS THE PRICE?
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM
clubman5 clubman5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,946
OK, GREAT, so now everyone knows, that your piece is available with Alps pots.

And, NO ONE IS TRASHING YOUR ISOLATOR!

AND when I recieve my GSA from Mario, I am going to install it, listen to it, use it for as long as it takes me to decide, and post what I think about it.

Once again, Shorty, nobody trashed your piece.

There are many brands of amplifiers to choose from, and now, there are simply more choices of isolators available. And WE want to talk about our choices.

CHOICE! Key word.
__________________
Mr. Scott Fitlin
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Dj Greg G Dj Greg G is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 236
As much as been talked about the tube this and the tube that, I thought there would be at least be more than one in there.

Damn that thing is huge!
What's it about a foot deep? I think I see a hard drive in there.


No blood either
__________________
" Are you out of your freakin mind? Turn that shit down!

My Beloved Wife

Last edited by Dj Greg G : 12-15-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
djhh212 djhh212 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminb
i think scott is being very diplomatic with his comments here - you might want to tone down the defensiveness, or you're going to end up baiting some people into posting much less tactful opinions on the unit.

I agree Ben. Scotty was more than diplomatic. Shorty, this isnt your website. It doesnt always have to be about you and your never ending sales pitch for SBS.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
LOL yea they

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmariog
I do understand as I also had a 13 week lead time on the pots from Alps.


DO YOU STOCK UNITS?
AND WHAT IS THE PRICE?

take alil while for delivery,

Question

Your pot layout is exactly spaced like the E & S X3004, is it a copy or did you license the design from E&S

http://www.electronique-spectacle.co...v_ar_grand.jpg

Last edited by soundmanshorty : 12-15-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:31 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 822
[quote=Dj Greg G]
What's it about a foot deep? I think I see a hard drive in there.


GREAT POINT ...

The GSA ISO3001 IS ONLY 5 7/8 DEEP will fit in any console.
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanshorty
take alil while for delivery,

Question

Your pot layout is exactly spaced like the E & S X3004, is it a copy or did you license the design from E&S

http://www.electronique-spectacle.co...v_ar_grand.jpg

SHORTY

KIND OF CUTE THERE....

THE GSA ISO3001 IS SPACED 4 1/4 APART

THE E&S IS 5 1/4 APART AND NO THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE E&S
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.

Last edited by djmariog : 08-07-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 PM
soundmanshorty soundmanshorty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 1,421
OK kool

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmariog
SHORTY

KIND OF QUITE THERE....

THE GSA ISO3001 IS SPACED 4 1/4 APART

THE E&S IS 5 1/4 APART AND NO THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE E&S


was jus curious, it looks similar
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
duron tarik duron tarik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 387
The E & S iso are the real deal. But i would love to see the side by side inside view of the E & S & the GSA.
__________________
Elevation Party
http://www.eclecticentertainmentinc.com
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:43 PM
djmariog djmariog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 822
oh and on another note what have you designed since we are now taking it there

Our unit is fully designed based upon myself, Gary and Buzzy Beck

KEEP IN MIND WE HAVE A 110/220 POWER SUPPLY FULLY AMERICAN MADE

I WILL ASLO POST A PICTURE OF THE INSIDE OF MY UNIT AND THE E&S

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE NUTS DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!!!

but good luck to you and your landrover
__________________
djmariog@aol.com
Mario G.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
duron tarik duron tarik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmariog
oh and on another note what have you designed since we are now taking it there

Our unit is fully designed based upon myself, Gary and Buzzy Beck

KEEP IN MIND WE HAVE A 110/220 POWER SUPPLY FULLY AMERICAN MADE

I WILL ASLO POST A PICTURE OF THE INSIDE OF MY UNIT AND THE E&S

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE NUTS DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!!!

but good luck to you and your landrover
I would love to see them two pics. A pm to me will do, no need to put it in public if u dont want. its just for my personal.
__________________
Elevation Party
http://www.eclecticentertainmentinc.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006 Wave Music


© Wave Entertainment Group, Inc.