View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 12:06 PM

Ast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi

I don't recall Scotty saying Richard built the system, Shorty would likely know considering the amount of work he did on the system in that later days.

A voice from past...
http://www.coneyislandhistory.org/news/?p=484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richi

I don't recall Scotty saying Richard built the system, Shorty would likely know considering the amount of work he did on the system in that later days.

A voice from past...
http://www.coneyislandhistory.org/news/?p=484

AST designed and installed the VOTT, in the 80s Richard equed it and did some labor on it.

In the 90s Scott asked me to re engineer and rework it, he was only used to cut only eqs and wanted me to get it up to date with newer processing & merge hifi and vintage together, I talked him to getting the Jhorns from Zanz and have Disco Chuck build the other 2, he built the larger version scott was mad, so i put the small ones 1st 2nd was the larger then past the center stack larger then smaller to get a blend and try to make him happy, he always favored the smaller ones for the punch he did not like sub bass. Then I convinced him to get rid on the baby w bins in the center stacks go ported, so he had widget build him 4 dual 18 subs to replace the w bins.

when I had completed everything in the upgrades and equed it, Sandy his father said Scott you finally have it, he has the room sounding like that other guy we had in here, Scott said who? you know that other guy, scott says Richard? yea, he has the room sounding how Richard long had it sounding and you finally have it, leave it alone, cause I know Shorty if you mess it up he will leave you with it sounding bad.

I spent countless hour on that room I still know that system like the back of my hand all the mods on the processing was a simple system to work on.

Paul with all due respect you and nobody else was in there in the winter time every year when work on the sound was done and had to fix mistakes he made, so here are the facts and I have tape machine messages from scott telling me im the boss what I say goes with the sound. Dont you remember bringing us that trip sub that was another example of a night i was in there till 3am working on it.

Ed Campbell and John John Hernandez can conf all the upgrades and countless hours of work I did in there.

Last edited by SBS Designs : 03-10-2015 at 12:09 PM.