Thread: Bozak AR-6
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:03 AM

I can't comment on the AR-6 as I've never used one or any of the new Bozak products but I did talk to Paul from the new Bozak company in the past a few times and he said the following regarding the mixer.

"It uses the original design of the CMA range throughout. The AR-6 is the CMA-10 but brought up to current audio and build quality standards with actual balanced outputs at 4dB, lower nosie floor, stereo 3 way eq, FR4 through hole pcbs, shielded toridal transformer and so on and so on.

It would have been so easy to just bring out a "vintage" CMA-10 but thats not we are about, things need to move forward.

The company own the worldwide rights to to everything associated with Bozak. We put our money where our mouth is to buy the rights to a product we believe in and to bring it bang up to date so it is available to everyone and not the selected few."

I don't think you can go wrong with either vintage or new, just down to taste and needs I think. They probability sound different but not that different and if based on the CMA-10-2DL should sound nice.
To me the mixer looks well made. The phono and other cards do also look very similar in layout to the original, it would be nice if there were schematics to see what is what though.

It would also be good if some one posted an unbiased review of the AR-6 who also owns or has owned the original mixers.

Last edited by vinyl_junkie : 03-24-2014 at 10:23 AM.