Thread: Output Brooklyn
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Hey ATF103, I love how you question me being in the club.. thats just awesome bro.

I had no need to hear the monitors until the DJ asked me to hear them in the mixing position after he said they were giving him a headache and he should get some plugs like mine.. He DJs at Stereo so he is prob way spoiled as their monitoring is the best Ive heard anywhere in any club.

As for flow, 1400 ppl in a club where there are three narrow staircases.. with a narrow mezz on either side, dance floor off center, place works amazing at 1000, more than that its madness..

I still think its a great club, very good.. Just would like a room where you can get anywhere without having to negotiate traffic moving in all directions at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanShort
Having just worked with Richie and his F1 triaxial monitors I can say this. They sound good for a triaxial 18 that goes against most convention of proper crossover points and cone sizes. It did seem on our amps to be loud and clean, but the limiter settings they wanted were very odd... once again asking lighweight drivers to be pushed further than they should. I know what my large amps do on many other drivers and it just didn't seem to get loud before running out of gas. But my designs I use my amps on are very high power drivers that are still eficient , in VERY efficient enclosures. Think Faital HP1030 driver.

So in closing, its a good sounding box, they had replacement Triaxial drivers shipped to them when they showed up, "new design" I was told... But in all, most of what I hear about from all my install buddies is F1 drivers blowing up all the time. Its the same old Turbo Flash/Flood loading techniques Sealed back chamber lightweight driver firing into a compression area and then expansion horn. Very hard on a driver, but great transient response.

I thought they played clean enough, but they were harsh.

there was one speaker in the corner upstairs, near the entrance to the terrace, it was really amazing, a little 2 way design, sounded super tight and punchy..

Last edited by charles0322 : 09-25-2013 at 07:18 PM.