Thread: Output Brooklyn
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM

Having just worked with Richie and his F1 triaxial monitors I can say this. They sound good for a triaxial 18 that goes against most convention of proper crossover points and cone sizes. It did seem on our amps to be loud and clean, but the limiter settings they wanted were very odd... once again asking lighweight drivers to be pushed further than they should. I know what my large amps do on many other drivers and it just didn't seem to get loud before running out of gas. But my designs I use my amps on are very high power drivers that are still eficient , in VERY efficient enclosures. Think Faital HP1030 driver.

So in closing, its a good sounding box, they had replacement Triaxial drivers shipped to them when they showed up, "new design" I was told... But in all, most of what I hear about from all my install buddies is F1 drivers blowing up all the time. Its the same old Turbo Flash/Flood loading techniques Sealed back chamber lightweight driver firing into a compression area and then expansion horn. Very hard on a driver, but great transient response.

F
Freelance FOH/Monitor/System Tech/Stage Manager/
Stagehand Lead/Production Coordinator/Sound Enthusiast/Speaker Design

www.facebook.com/nathanshort