Thread: Output Brooklyn
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Were you actually in the club? Not sure if this was the same room, I really feel the opposite of everything you said.

Everyone from Richie Hawtin to Carl Cox have raved about the PSM318 F1 monitors they have at Output, which are in all the major F1 installs in Ibiza, etc. Who was djing when you were there?

The flow of the club is perfect. Even when packed (as it was for Tenaglia Sat) you can still get around, and it circulates well, considering the size.

I haven't been motivated to be on a club dance floor in a long time, I was on the floor a good portion of the night last Saturday, and when not on the floor, all the zone areas were perfect, not too loud, just enough fill with what looked liked de-grilled F1 F88's, and clean sounding. The sound on the main floor was unparalleled to just about anything I've heard lately. Too much in the wrong hands yes could be overbearing, but Danny always has a way of keeping levels in check and working a system properly.

Everyone has been telling me to get to Output since the beginning of the year with most people saying "dude, you'll understand, EVERYTHING, was done right..". I never believe statements like that unless I see it (and hear it) for myself, but I have to say after going for the first time, it lived up to the hype, and I as I stated, I have a new found respect for F1.

I look forward to hearing the Void system and Sankey's, but I really hope they're reworking that space. It had major design and flow issues, let alone the dj booth placement which was terrible. It never felt right in that place, and I spent many nights there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0322
Great club! I only have a few complaints..

Booth monitors are harsh, this is the comment my friend who was playing made to me.. When I stepped into the listening position of the monitors they were uncomfortably loud to compete with the tops hanging just a few feet away.

The club has no flow, hard to move around when full, impossible to dance. Not sure what they were doing with those three small staircases accessing the dancefloor from upstairs..

The sound on mezz can get harsh when pushed.

From what I hear, I think Sankey's in the D36 space with the Incubus system from Void will prob sound way better