View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
Those Dance 5 cabs, were not the same thing my friend...

What was lost on them and perhaps on some here, was Gary was one of the best people in the business with the best results for these types of systems and stacks. The fit & finish of his stacks are second to none for custom cabinetry, and this is coming from a cabinet maker

It was his last install, and to me if they werent going into the Smithsonian they should have went somewhere where that lineage and history was cherished.

You can be sure if I was there or had anything to do with it, I would have carried those things away and stored them, maybe to never be able to use them.. but if Sting International has 10 stacks, hmmm.. maybe they would have been put to use by someone else with the same vision.

Im done with clubs. its over for me, I retire.. almost all the owners are shady and short sighted in club land and are in it for the wrong reasons..

Before his passing Gary complained to me D36 owed him money, was very unprofessional to him..

This to me is the final disrespect to an installer and artist that we may never see the likes of again.

RIP. GSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbellsound
I would believe that. When it comes to large speaker cabinets that very few people can use and would be a huge project to sell, move, ship, etc, it's simply not worth the effort, especially if they're in the way of a fast tracked construction project.

I had a hell of a time unloading those huge JBL Dance5 cabinets, it certainly wasn't worth the effort for the money they got. I was one step away from putting a saw to them.