View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to atf104
Charles, I love ya, but the reality is quite frankly I could care less what Elliot, you or anyone that wants to trash me thinks. I don't represent Thrive or Summit Audio yet for some reason everyone keeps making the inference that I do. I'm VERY happy using their products and my clients are very happy with their products as well. The fact that I'm one of the few people using Thrive only gives me an edge against competitors that have too much pride to get over themselves and try something that is simply a superior product.

Raw power? I-Techs are a bunch of nonsense. 8000 watts out of a 20A/120V outlet as they claim? As someone said the other day: "I need to buy some I-Techs for my house so I can triple the power coming out of my outlet, it's like cold fusion lol". Do your ohm's law and tell me how you get 8000 watts out of a 20A/120V outlet.

Marketing hype? Uhh, if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Thrive gives real world numbers and Crown comes up with all this creative ratings to give you ridiculous power output. A "lol" is in order for that claim...I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles0322
I think if the product literature was there we would have more faith in the line. Boutique club systems by Shorty have the goods I know first hand, the amps have the balls and the equipment is good.. maybe not the digital balls of an i-tech in terms of raw "power", but I wanna hear the warmth of an amp and I don't give a crap about less than perfect scenarios, it needs to be better than good everytime. I could care less about blowing peoples ears off with "loud" sound that is just crap, i-techs for some things sure, demanding power hungry bass applications, but you know what, if I can get around it.. I'd buy something analogue thank you very much. And as good as D/A gets and even though the source is Digital, there is something to be said about that analogue punch.

just show me the manuals, proper product photography.. marketing. word of mouth is great, the products do speak for themselves as well.. but if you ain't showing us pics and we aint seeing third party tested analysis and reviews. How much does one cost, what is the lead time..

'the trust me its the best approach' is very yawn these days especially when the thread title says aplifier??