View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to charles0322
I think if the product literature was there we would have more faith in the line. Boutique club systems by Shorty have the goods I know first hand, the amps have the balls and the equipment is good.. maybe not the digital balls of an i-tech in terms of raw "power", but I wanna hear the warmth of an amp and I don't give a crap about less than perfect scenarios, it needs to be better than good everytime. I could care less about blowing peoples ears off with "loud" sound that is just crap, i-techs for some things sure, demanding power hungry bass applications, but you know what, if I can get around it.. I'd buy something analogue thank you very much. And as good as D/A gets and even though the source is Digital, there is something to be said about that analogue punch.

just show me the manuals, proper product photography.. marketing. word of mouth is great, the products do speak for themselves as well.. but if you ain't showing us pics and we aint seeing third party tested analysis and reviews. How much does one cost, what is the lead time..

'the trust me its the best approach' is very yawn these days especially when the thread title says aplifier??

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
Yes you are correct, Thrive is the epitome of audiophile amplification. Built like the amps from yesteryear yet updated to today's specifications. The question above was regarding real world A/B comparison of one of the most reputable amps in the biz, and the Thrive line kills it plain and simple.

The amps are built like brick tanks beyond any brand you have mentioned. The cooling on them is literally of military grade. My Crowns have to be cleaned every 6 months or so or they'll die. You open a Thrive and a year later there's nothing even inside, they're spotless. Built like a tank, the best fidelity available, and manufactured by one of the most reputable companies in pro audio. I guess you're right in one area, they're heavy, but for me, that's not an issue.

The difference here is I've worked with your said brand, you have not worked with my said brand. And quite frankly, there is no comparison.