View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf104
Well I A/B'd Thrive vs an equivalent wattage Lab in a controlled environment at a reputable speaker manufacturer's facility and the results we're not just negligible but quite remarkable. Even the guys at the speaker manufacturer double checked to see if the setting on the dsp processor changed as the difference in fidelity was nothing short of amazing. This was with Lab, with Crown there's not even a contest.

Hi.

Hopefully you will understand what I am about to say for it appears you are having difficulty understanding what I mentioned in the previous thread. Your work consists of club installs with treated rooms, proper cooling and (hopefully) stable voltage. I do events in which my gear will to be faced with the rigors of the road. We are two different elements in the world of Professional Audio. A controlled environment is not going to tell me how well the amplifier performs under worst-case scenarios.

I am happy to hear Thrive Amplifiers meets your requirements. However, upon my own research they do not meet mine based on lack of power and, no technical papers (Owners Manual PDF, Service Manual PDF, or Schematics) for all to see. The Thrive Amplifier could possibly be a great amplifier. However it does not meet my requirements.

From a Salesmanís point of view it offers all the qualifications (huge marketing hype, lack of technical specs and, directed to wards the majority who are not technically inclined) as a boutique amplifier. It may be a large amplifier under club standards, however the standard for those who are moving about with large systems today, 10,000+ watts is the common trait.

I believe we have gone through this already in another thread, which I assumed I covered thoroughly from different sides of the spectrum. It is precisely the reason I commented on the Crown I Tech series and, did not mention anything pertaining to Thrive Amplifiers.

I congratulate you for finally finding the amplifier(s) that met your requirements. I will pursue what meets my requirements. That is 10,000+ (or higher) watt amplifiers (which will give me a minimum of +3 dB in terms of headroom from my current Crown 5000vz amplifiers) from a manufacture that market their products for my line of work.

Best Regards,