View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:43 AM

I will also say that The iona's I have at Level here in chicago for the past few years have had zero failures and zero individual faults.

I also use them on WS218x by Martin audio and heard a low end quality second to none, the only thing that got a wee bit louder on them over the PL380 was the Crest CA18. The Iona did make them sound like they went an extra 10Hz lower.

We also have used the Maya by Thrive , this amp definately gives the PL380 a run for its money. But the 380 is smaller and more cost effective for us right now. There are also a few items like a custom Maya HV version Shorty uses and a few things in the works for ridiculous sub bass applications.

Just keep in mind people, these are boutique install amps. Their sound only needs to be heard once. For touring, you want a tank that is bulletproof and abuse-able. Different worlds.

Don't worry though, my new OEM line is working on a PL380 killer, it will take a single 30, 2x20, or a 220v input. very flexible. It will actually do 4000w a channel, no flim flam burst ratings. Pure sine wave rated destruction.

F
Freelance FOH/Monitor/System Tech/Stage Manager/
Stagehand Lead/Production Coordinator/Sound Enthusiast/Speaker Design

www.facebook.com/nathanshort