View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Another happy customer

Received my ISO in the mail yesterday, arrived in perfect shape with the Bozak knobs and Bozak round, green LED. A dead-ringer for the original light.

The sound is really fantastic: very musical, sharp cuts, sparkling highs. I was actually surprised when I flipped the Loop/Direct switch on the back of the Bozak and didn't hear a thing. Seriously, not even a click. There was absolutely no difference between the two signal paths that I could hear. Very impressive.

The pots feel great, I know they're ALPS Blue Velvets, but these feel like they have a bit less resistance than the knobs in my old 1620LE which had the same pots. Good news as far as I'm concerned, I didn't want them to be that tight considering I make faster movements with an isolator pot than the mixer volumes.

Looks good too: build quality, finish, construction. It's light, not too deep, the RCAs at the back don't shift when you attach cables. The 3-way switch is solid. As I've said elsewhere, I don't think build quality is a real factor in something as simple as an isolator; you'd really need to cheap out on something to screw that up and that obviously isn't the case here.

Mario was also great to do business with online. Completely outside of eBay, Craigslist, or any site, he did exactly what he said he would. I'd recommend him to anyone who asked.

Can't keep my hands off it. Thanks Mario!