Thread: Pictures
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to NeverObsolete Send a message via Yahoo to NeverObsolete
what is considered the "better" way?

Who knows, the bottom line is getting the device to work.

This is my personal preference. If the circuit can be lightly modded and some trace work or holes are needed this will add to the appearance, this is the way for me.

My goal has always been to make the modification look stock. It lends itself to a cleaner appearance. And helps should resale be an option.

Presentation is 90% of the sale.

The work requires attention and patience. It is not recomended that a first attempt to modify be made on the piece you intend to keep. Practice on some broken equipment that has little value or worth.

This is one of the reasons I don't have a problem with gear that is slightly damaged. I love ebay for this.

For instance the SC 70 I purchased from ebay, for $8, didn't function. The guy listed this in description. Cool. I bought as a learning tool. Gave me something to examine up close and personal. If I can repair it so be it. If not, not great loss. Come to find out that someone before me attempted to mod the thing out. Yech, on their work. Shoddy.

Two weeks, a schematic, and viola. The Ashly works as it should and the mods were remove and the unit returned to stock. Now I have another crossover that will eventually wind up on ebay with a clean bill of health.

I like to keep things clean in appearance, and looking like it did when it came from the factory.

Last edited by NeverObsolete : 02-12-2007 at 02:39 PM.