Wave Music Community Board

Wave Music Community Board (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/index.php)
-   Tech Talk for Gearheads (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Where to buy Urei 1620LE silver pot caps? (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/showthread.php?t=14122)

CJ Branda 01-11-2014 02:17 PM

Where to buy Urei 1620LE silver pot caps?

Not getting much luck with sourcing silver pot caps for the 1620LE. Been in contact with Justin (Isonoe), who put me in touch with JohnK and also tried messages to djmariog with no success. Anyone got any others info on sources for these?

vinyl_junkie 01-11-2014 03:40 PM

I've tried getting silver caps for my Bozo as mine look like some one took a poo on them then put PVC glue but getting any one to talk is like trying to get blood out of a stone when it comes to old mixers now days even down any kind of useful info. I heard not even the NSA have been able to crack these people and secrets

I miss Scott rip and share the knowledge

jnkarrik 01-11-2014 05:55 PM

CJ you may want to try emailing Mario rather than PM'ing through Wave.

I think his email is djmariog@aol.com - at least it used to be. Good luck!

Captainjr 01-11-2014 07:05 PM

vinyl_junkie...If you mean Bozak mixer parts the person to contact in the U.S.A. is Buzzy Beck. Lots of guys will help but nothing is top secret with him. I know he has helped repair mixers over the phone and through e-mails including one of mine that had a common analog bleed over issue. He would agree with you because he once told me that after doing this for over 50 years he could not understand why so many technicians today treat everything as top secret. Two years ago he supplied me with knob caps for my DLA and the cost was a couple bucks for postage. That is why Scott and so many talked highly of him and also people who knew Scott besides many members here I am sure miss all his postings and knowledge. I am sure you could still get in contact with Buzzy Beck if you need info or parts for a Bozak mixer or amplifier.

vinyl_junkie 01-11-2014 08:51 PM

Thanks Captainjr, PM'd you

Captainjr 01-11-2014 10:31 PM

vinyl_junkie, sent a response not sure you got it. Thanks.

CJ Branda 01-12-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnkarrik
CJ you may want to try emailing Mario rather than PM'ing through Wave.

I think his email is djmariog@aol.com - at least it used to be. Good luck!

Cheers John! Been there and done that - kinda lost at the moment :rolleyes:

CJ Branda 01-12-2014 01:57 PM

Hey I'm not too bothered about the circle for each balance pot - so Bozak caps with just straight sexy silver caps all over would do me just fine haha !

djmariog 02-08-2014 01:14 PM

Hello All,

Cap sets are are back instock, also Knobs if needed.

for more info djmariog@aol.com

djmariog 02-08-2014 01:14 PM

Hello All,

Cap sets are are back instock, also Knobs if needed.

for more info djmariog@aol.com

CJ Branda 03-22-2014 06:04 AM

OK - just received the new silver caps set..! Now which is the best kind of glue to use for fixing the new silver caps in place (once the old ones have been removed)?