Wave Music Community Board

Wave Music Community Board (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/index.php)
-   Tech Talk for Gearheads (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pioneer dance stack WTF??? (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/showthread.php?t=13753)

Laurin 07-02-2013 06:37 AM

Pioneer dance stack WTF???
 
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/n...ound/page.html

:eek:

allen 07-02-2013 07:46 AM

Yeah Gary !! RIP

Very happy to see his legacy live on and very happy for Marta and his family

:) :) :)

AL

Estacy 07-02-2013 08:45 AM

It's even called the Wave series ;)

Laurin 07-02-2013 09:30 AM

http://pioneerproaudio.com/en/products/index.html

+/- 3dB at 50Hz for the Bertha??? :confused:

Estacy 07-02-2013 11:11 AM

It seems that the lenses do a lot of work, both mid and high. Is this normal for lenses?

Laurin 07-02-2013 01:27 PM

At District Gary used the 4592ND for the Lenses.
I think they tried to recreate that with TAD components, sounds interesting.

atf104 07-02-2013 06:01 PM

This could get real interesting. Pioneer definitely has the resources to push this on the global market as a true competitor to F1.

charles0322 07-02-2013 06:09 PM

Amazing news for GSA and his family, I am so happy someone else saw the benefits of his configurations and his ongoing relationship with Powersoft, Wonder if the club owner at District knew he was throwing out a Pioneer DJ system, put the word pioneer and ppl go crazy ;)

this is a good day on Wavemusic community!

charles0322 07-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estacy
It seems that the lenses do a lot of work, both mid and high. Is this normal for lenses?


its how GSA used the 2x BMS 4590 & 2x 2395, split the frequencies using two compression drivers ranges with the same driver providing different coverage while using the lens for dispersion. Love it!

Estacy 07-02-2013 07:17 PM

If only there were clubs nearby with proper soundsystems... would love to hear this system!

DSA.audio 07-02-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen
Yeah Gary !! RIP

Very happy to see his legacy live on and very happy for Marta and his family

:) :) :)

AL


agreed....

are we sure TAD drivers are being used?
I see no mention in the marketing copy...

k-cee 07-03-2013 08:29 AM

This could be the start of proper sound systems in mainstream nightclubs
http://pioneerproaudio.com/en/news/e...p?ent=20130702

jensx 07-03-2013 07:57 PM

this is surreal !!! Honestly can't believe this is true !!! At the rate Pioneer is charging, I'm afraid it will be a rare apperance. Nevertheless, good news !!!

Richi 07-03-2013 08:52 PM

Will the Kids who see the Pioneer badge on these in future have any idea of the heritage of such a system?

omari7 07-03-2013 09:33 PM

Sounds great if they will be using TAD... but RLA...Levan
 
Somehow Richard Long and Larry Levan should get some mention when they are talking about the Bertha and the Levan extension.

They should be noted as the pioneers of these type of Disco Stacks.

I'm glad that at least they have the lenses, which will be more accessible than the discontinued JBL 2395. I wonder if they are the the same (36 in) size?

What type of bullet tweeters?

Pete54 07-04-2013 06:06 AM

However good this system might sound, I think it will be tarnished by the Pioneer brand name. Honestly, what club owner is going to boast about their 'new Pioneer soundsystem'. Most of us know that their mixers are a pos

Estacy 07-04-2013 08:49 AM

most of us know that, but pretty much all other DJs see Pioneer mixers as the summum of DJ gear. And besides, their new mixers aren't that bad. I think that clubs are definitely going to advertise a full pioneer system

der geile ami 07-04-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete54
However good this system might sound, I think it will be tarnished by the Pioneer brand name. Honestly, what club owner is going to boast about their 'new Pioneer soundsystem'. Most of us know that their mixers are a pos


quite possibly, the millions of club owners that buy their mixers and cd players

Laurin 07-04-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omari7
Somehow Richard Long and Larry Levan should get some mention when they are talking about the Bertha and the Levan extension.

They should be noted as the pioneers of these type of Disco Stacks.

I'm glad that at least they have the lenses, which will be more accessible than the discontinued JBL 2395. I wonder if they are the the same (36 in) size?

What type of bullet tweeters?


It is not the same size.
Talked with Gary about it because I want to buy 12 of his smaller version.

Bullet looks like Beyma.

DSA.audio 07-04-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurin
It is not the same size.
Talked with Gary about it because I want to buy 12 of his smaller version.

.


talking about the americana size acoustic lenses?

they are 20" wide, seem to be a perfectly scaled down version of the 2395 horn and lens assembly... I sold Gary the lenses he had cloned, I think that's what he had mentioned at least as his intention when I shipped them his way....

http://www.wavemusic.com/community/s...highlight=lens

nice horns/lens set up if you are space constrained, or plan on using a higher xover point
than most use with 2395 & 2" driver deployments

DSA.audio 07-04-2013 11:09 PM

but, isn't 1153 x 573 x 515 in mm equal to roughly
46 x 22.5 x 20.25 in inches?

those are the wav-lens dimensions....

tamaracat 07-08-2013 11:43 AM

why would anybody want to combine some of the best speaker components with some of the worst amps available? customers are not stupid these days. any modern horn loaded pro audio system would outperform it easily. :)

edit: just got the information: no tad inside. its a pioneer system, no tad system.

bartonn 07-08-2013 03:07 PM

Why do you feel that powersoft makes some of the worst amps?


Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaracat
why would anybody want to combine some of the best speaker components with some of the worst amps available? customers are not stupid these days. any modern horn loaded pro audio system would outperform it easily. :)

edit: just got the information: no tad inside. its a pioneer system, no tad system.


Laurin 07-08-2013 03:23 PM

Talked with Gary about that topic to.
He told me he tried everything that is on the market and the Powersoft K had the best sound.

Had the chance to listen to some K Amps on a good system and the sound was great.

tamaracat 07-08-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurin
Talked with Gary about that topic to.
He told me he tried everything that is on the market and the Powersoft K had the best sound.

Had the chance to listen to some K Amps on a good system and the sound was great.


PS have the largest power reduction of all amps on the market, they reduce their output immediately after hard signals in milliseconds. they cannot drive loads less than 4 ohms properly, they have the largest amount of HF cut. they distort heavily while they reduce their output. distorsion always sounds sweet to a certain point.

i have tested one of the M-series which they say is their best horse in their stable and i was surprised about the low frequency output until i measured them: no highs, no midrange details, nothing. just read several tests in sono and production partner magazine. they all tell you the same.

i doubt an american company has heard all amps on the market. pure blabla. its about the same when F1 said some years ago we built the best mixing console, we listened to all of them. also pure blabla. human ears can store sounds for 20 seconds. there is no way of comparing "all of them".


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006 Wave Music