Wave Music Community Board

Wave Music Community Board (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/index.php)
-   Sound Installers and Manufacturers (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gsa In Nyc! (http://www.wavemusic.com/community/showthread.php?t=10317)

clubman5 03-13-2010 05:18 PM

Gsa In Nyc!

And now, congratulations of the highest order to Mr. Gary Stewart, and Kenny Powers, as NYC will be the home to a KING SIZE KILLER DANCE CLUB SYSTEM by GSA and RLA International!

New club, being built as we speak, scheduled opening June 2010, let the dance begin, and I'm asking Gary himself to come online and give us more details.

GSA is building a new system for NYC!

CONGRATULATIONS

:D

NeverObsolete 03-13-2010 05:43 PM

This

is what's needed. Now let the magic begin. I know I love the Sound of LOVE in NYC. So much so, I wrote a review here. Now that another version, bigger, better, stronger will be created. I still love the man's work. I can sing that song on the web site. hahahahhah

I will be looking forward to the end results.

This is also good for party goer's. Looks like it has the potential to be outstanding.

Fred Bissnette 03-13-2010 05:45 PM

so kenny powers was/is the owner of what rla was/is?

ive heard of him but not much talk floating around any links??

peas

clubman5 03-13-2010 06:09 PM

was/is/yeah/kind of/sort of/yes/ok!

Kenny Powers in conjunction with Gary Stewart will provide a NYC dancefloor with the fidelity and energy to dance for decades. I have asked Gary Stewart to chime in and tell us more.

johnpuga1982 03-13-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clubman5
New club, being built as we speak, scheduled opening June 2010, let the dance begin...

Do you know what kind of club it will be? For me, the grimmier, the better.

clubman5 03-13-2010 07:38 PM

I don't exactly what kind of club, other than a dance club. As soon as Gary tells me more, or comes online Himself, which I have asked him to do!

I'm happy NYC is getting a room with a great system.

gstewart 03-14-2010 09:10 PM

A Word from Gary Stewart

First off I would like to thank FK for his kindness and generosity to allow all of us to have such a wonderful forum such as wave music. We must always respect his gift.

New York this June, 2010 is in store for a real special treat. Some of you who know what amazing sound RLA was able to produce in the past and for the new younger generation of people who have never had such a sonic experience of mind, Body & Soul. Are about to experience what New York had in the 1980’s. GSA is going to produce a sound system that all the other club owners in the industry will be jealous of. NY is once again going to have a real RLA style sound system. I am very happy to join with the past and currant owner of Richard Long & Associates, Mr. Kenny Powers. Kenny and I have worked together in the past on other GSA projects. His shown experience has earned Kenny the utmost respect from me and Richard Long, Which is why Richard made him his right hand man from the moment they met back in 1980. We at GSA are so happy and thankful to have been chosen for this special project. Our contribution to the dance music scene is truly from the heart. We wish all of our believers to enjoy life, be happy and please keep dance music alive!
God Bless,
Gary Stewart

Ravinder Teji 03-15-2010 02:56 AM

Now this going to be something really great.

About time too.

Good Luck with the project, gonna start saving now so I can hopefuly come out to NY in the summer to hear it!

Teji:)

boogieman 03-15-2010 07:46 AM

Congrats all round to those involved, wish I could be there to share the experience.

pbellsound 03-15-2010 11:11 PM

Welcome home Gary:D

herbalpudding 03-16-2010 10:02 AM

...But will the club have bottle service? :D

As soon as I get home from South Africa in July I will be there! This is amazing news!

eoin 03-16-2010 12:44 PM

Hitting NYC in september for a few days so might have to hit this up wherever it is!

charles0322 03-18-2010 12:04 PM

Excellent announcement!

Wish you continued success and very curious to HEAR for myself :) Great news for anyone in sound, clubs or NYC. Sincere congrats to Gary & Kenny and the Legacy of RLA

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstewart
First off I would like to thank FK for his kindness and generosity to allow all of us to have such a wonderful forum such as wave music. We must always respect his gift.

New York this June, 2010 is in store for a real special treat. Some of you who know what amazing sound RLA was able to produce in the past and for the new younger generation of people who have never had such a sonic experience of mind, Body & Soul. Are about to experience what New York had in the 1980ís. GSA is going to produce a sound system that all the other club owners and sound companies in the industry will be jealous of. NY is once again going to have a real RLA style sound system. I am very happy to join with the past and currant owner of Richard Long & Associates, Mr. Kenny Powers. Kenny and I have worked together in the past on other GSA projects. His shown experience has earned Kenny the utmost respect from me and Richard Long, Which is why Richard made him his right hand man from the moment they met back in 1980. We at GSA are so happy and thankful to have been chosen for this special project. Our contribution to the dance music scene is truly from the heart. We wish all of our believers to enjoy life, be happy and please keep dance music alive!
God Bless,
Gary Stewart

Richi 03-19-2010 09:01 AM

Hope i get to come over for a visit and experience this one.

Are they spending any money on the acoustic evironment?
________
Tifosi

gstewart 03-26-2010 04:45 PM

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your kind words! This project is going to be great!
Gary Stewart:cool:

Mistick Krewe 03-26-2010 05:35 PM

can you share any teaser info?

size of the room? anything at all?

congrats!

djone 05-08-2010 05:00 PM

that would be a good reason to visit ny again.
sounds good. we guys in europe are jalous

any idea when the club will open and what kind of music to expect?

c-rock172 06-30-2010 01:20 PM

Are there any updates regarding this club? Is the club open? Just curious

dino59 07-07-2010 12:22 PM

gary said september now

Kevin James 07-07-2010 02:00 PM

Has there been any news on what the system will consists of? I'm wondering if there will be any exiting new speaker cab designs or electronics designs going in :)

RJJNYC 09-25-2010 10:29 AM

El Mayimbe posted this photo on DHP, sounds like the opening is delayed.

http://www.deephousepage.com/forums/...=216944&page=9

charles0322 09-26-2010 04:31 PM

Looks the business.. cant wait to Hear it !

Very nice stack.. Will they have a rotary in the booth though?? lol..

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJJNYC
El Mayimbe posted this photo on DHP, sounds like the opening is delayed.

http://www.deephousepage.com/forums/...=216944&page=9

mg75 09-27-2010 02:32 PM

6 stack system?

dino59 09-28-2010 03:14 PM

four stacks, and now its going to be open at the end of october.

gstewart 01-27-2011 03:32 PM

District 36

All new details and photos of our sound system @ District36 can be found on our facebook page

www.facebook.com/gary.stewart254

Thanks Everyone,
HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!
Gary Stewart